[Main Thread] Game stops responding/freezes/crashes at launch - Early Access (June-2023)

Game is crashing upon startup. Game does not load past the Blizzard screen. I can click through, but the game still stops loading after 10 seconds and crashes. Background music cuts out. Hoping there is a solution for this issue?

24 Likes

Yeah same exact thing happening to me as well.

2 Likes

Same thing here. Worked fine in Beta.

So, I’ve updated to latest graphics driver, rebooted. Same issue.
Verified game integrity, no issues found.

DXdiag ran and no issues

Same here, blue circle on blizzard screen then crash.

I have delete and reinstall the game, i played few hours then the game crash again and the problem came back…

Same, stops responding a few seconds into the opening cinematic.

I uninstalled and then reinstalled it but same issues occur.

Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics (16 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU
Driver Version: 31.0.15.3598

1 Like

Set windows scale to 100% (mine was 150%) worked for me.

When im starting Daiblo 4 it stays on the Blizard screen ingame with some music then the music stucks en program doesn’t respond anymore. Does someone reconize this problem?

1 Like

I had the same problem and it has been solved by disabling the antivirus…

Same issue.
No antivirus.
No windows scaled up.
Uninstalled/Reinstalled.
Checked integrity.
Drivers up to date.
Worked well during beta.

Same issue, its as if there is a timer, like 10-20 seconds after boot to freeze the game. Even if u click past the splash-screens, it ends up crashing. Been able to boot it succesfully once. Tried like 20 times after that.

Doesn’t seem to be bound to any specifik manufacturer of hardware since I see both nVidia and AMD users reporting issues. Running AMD system myself.
Disabling windows antivirus didn’t change things, updated all my drivers. Issue persists.

same issue here… early access feels like working as free QA. lol… pay extra to work for blizzard without being paid.

3 Likes

Same issue for me. I tried everything described in the list and other “solutions” in differente webpages: reinstalling, graphics cards updates, directX, all drivers uptades, run as admin, GPU acceleration, different hard drive,… Nothing worked
I hope Blizzard solves it soon, although the early access it´s already been a waste of money for me

1 Like

I was also having this issue, I went and uninstalled the High-Resolution Assets and that fixed the issue. I hope this helps anyone else that was also have the issue.

1 Like

I do wonder what happened between the beta that was actually working fine and this release…

The same is true for me. Am very annoyed.
Since this morning at 6 o’clock (Germany) i try to start the game. Early access^^omg
I can not get past the Blizzard logo. Music starts and stops after 5 sec. then “Diablo4 retail no longer responds”. Reinstallation on another path and also on another hard drive no success. Scan of the installation finds no errors.
Use Beastx10 laptop which exceeds all minimum requirements. All updates and drivers up to date. No matter what I do it remains, at the Blizzard logo is the end.
Please help :frowning:

1 Like

Same here: 5 second and freeze, always crash.
I did try all the thing, nothing works for me.

1 Like

Same issue here, was working fine this morning, closed the game to do some other stuff and after 1 hour im stuck in the title screen

Same here, Windows 11 and AMD CPU/GPU. All drivers up to date. All background programs closed, restart, verify, reinstall, etc. Was able to get past the login flow twice, was able to play for hours after that. But once the game is closed this happens again.

Had the same issue on my son’s PC. Went to settings, modify install, and unchecked high resolution assets. It ran an update and now the game works.

1 Like