Frame Rate Hitching / Stuttering on PC 4090

Tried all the steps listed here in this thread and I’m still at 4-5 FPS constantly with spikes of normal frame rates to 50. This happens as soon as you hit Play.

1 Like

THANK YOU! For me, it’s totally fixed :slight_smile:
And thanks for the fluid release.

Good Job!

Stopping “SSDP Discovery” service and setting network to public fixed this for me as well

3070ti here was experiencing drops from 144fps to 4fps every couple minutes.

1 Like

YOOOOOOOOOO this worked. Thank you so much!

Thank god! I tried every fix in this thread besides reinstalling windows and this one finally did it for me. :raised_hands:

FINALLY, this stuttering been bothering me so much, now i can finally enjoy the game to its fullest

Rip, Didn’t work. Only lasted a few mins. I hate blizzard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have tried all the above fixes still not working. I hope this gets a hot fix soon.

2 Likes

This has fixed the issue entirely, in both D3 and D4. Something needs to be looked in to with the net code to see why this is causing conflicts.

Where are those settings?

I did not have the audio polling spam in my fenris log, but stopping “SSDP Discovery” service also worked for me. Before this I could not play on Ultra and had to drop to medium - disabling this service and have been on Ultra graphics for an hour with no FPS drops.

RTX 3080 10 GB
Ryzen 9 5950X
64 GB of Ram
M2 disk
Windows 11, latest graphics drivers and bios

1 Like

Those are windows settings, google how to set network to public and how to stop SSDP discovery service

MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, Discord, Sound Blaster Command, Geforce Experience
Razor Basilisk v3 mouse, Sound Blaster X3 sound card, Corsair K68 keyboard
Spatial sound is off

13700KF @ 5.5GHz
10GB RTX 3080
32GB DDR5 @ 6400MHz
NVMe SSD
Windows 10
Dell 27" 1440p, 165Hz Gaming Monitor S2721DGFA
ViewSonic 24" 1080p, 144Hz Gaming Monitor XG2401

I’ve just sent you an email with all of my logs.

This is really starting to get on my nerves.
I’ve tried the following fixes as suggested but still getting my audio devices polled 28(!!!) times every second.

• Network status was already public
  • Enabled public and private in firewall for Diablo 4
  • Enabled play audio in background
  • Disabled browser hardware acceleration
  • Stopped SSDP discovery

If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them, I feel like i’m starting to lose my mind.

1 Like

FuRi, you need to disable Public for the D4 rules in the firewall, rather than enable it. The idea is to block D4 in Public mode, rather than allow it.

Thank you for pointing that out. Also thanks for your efforts in this thread, looks like you’ve helped alot of people.

I’ve tried to disable public for D4 in the firewall, but every single time I restart the game it adds another instance of D4 to the app list with public enabled…

Bless you, I haven’t heard about the “Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator” issue, and I was desperate but it worked for me, I had like one frame rate drop within four hours, playing at maximum settings, so i guess it is solved ! For those having the issue: go to device manager, Sofware devices ,and search for “Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator” and disable it. Playing the game without any issue is a bliss, thank you again, hope it’ll help someone else !

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, tried this as well but still no success :frowning:

1 Like

It should be asking you whether to do that or not. It will present a Windows Firewall dialogue box that has tick boxes for Private and Public profiles. All you should need to do is keep the Public box unchecked when you hit OK, or hit the Cancel button.

You may need to remove all of the D4 entries in the rule list to make it pop, but generally it will do it if there is anything in the list it doesn’t agree with.

A patch just went out hopefully it addressed some of this.