Main Stat changes a band-aid đŸ©č

The barbs “weak” builds were as strong as the other classes strong builds while the other classes “unplayable trash” builds were so weak Blizzard had to nerf the pit just so they can do tier 61 to get Neathiron. Welcome to the club.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of that change. If true, they’re even further beyond incompetent. I’m at a loss for words tbh. lol

This seems like an amazing way to balance classes globably.

1 Like

As said before => they’re trying to solve a complex problem with simple tools

That being said, never really realized Einstein’s (or alledgedly Einstein) quote of:

• Keep things simple but not simpler

Until D4 :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess sometimes takes an epic fail to realize an epic piece of wisdom :thinking:

While it will help I don’t see it being a real fix. It will give us around a 25%(x) boost to damage on those characters. Which is basically the equivalent of a single offensive aspect. Although it has the benefit of not having any sort of conditional on it.

This was likely done simply because it was the easiest “fix” they could come up with.

16.7% to be exact :slight_smile:

It’s hardly worth discussing because the real problem is the core design with 2 classes having more stat sticks than the other 3 and with tempering and master working that is one hell of a lot more than 16.7%.

They’re fixing the damage baseline. I don’t see how this is a problem. Barbarians had better starting point than other classes because they had more weapon slots than anyone else. Rogue was slightly better than Druid, Necro, and Sorcerer due to having one additional slot.

This should get closer to a balanced baseline, making adjustments for other areas easier.

Well Blizzard seems to be really against the idea of giving necro, druid and sorc an extra slot, so this is one of the fixes that brings them closer together without giving extra slots away.

Regarding tempers, maybe tempers should have a reduced effect in barbarian and rogue weapons. Kind of like the call to arms runeword in D2 when equipped by a barb the battle order levels capped at +3 as opposed to the +6 the other characters can enjoy.

Which is kinda odd to be honest.

Eventually the main stat would become so high the scaling would require another balance again

They really Sirius have given everyone the same amount of slots.

It actually sounds like a nice try to balance the weight of extra piece of gear

We’ll see how it pans out, but i think it could be working very well ( we’ll have to test that for sure )

What, pray tell, is the “balance illness”?

I think this is finally a recognition that class fantasy has implications for balance and this becomes yet another “lever” the devs can tweak while still keeping distinct class fantasy.

1 Like

You do realize it says the OPs name for each post before you click on it right? I feel this is a self made problem by yourself. There’s also the option to mute people on these forums, there’s two different ways to do it. If you need help I’ll give out instructions.

I just find it odd that instead of solving the problem, or walking away from a situation, people would rather complain about it and quite literally do nothing else to rectify it. If you don’t like the poster of a particular topic, ignore it and move on, not that hard.

4 Likes

?
You must not have played Rogue in S1-3
 they definitely weren’t better than Necro and Druid.

1 Like

Besides, Main Stat is nowhere near as impactful as the Aspects.
Barb can do 2 2h Aspects, and 2 1H Aspects

This is where things really suck.

Off Hand Totem, NEcro Shield, Orbs, Must be changed to have 2H stats, and 2h Aspect rolls. THIS is the balance we seek.

1 Like

Yeah Offhands for Magic classes giving a x2 aspect would be great , or maybe 2H weapons for those classes could use a X3 aspect :smiley:

But anyway, I’m happy with the raw power to main stat for now =p

Or Maybe give a 100% bonus aspect on Amulet for those classes =o

1 Like

you got almost 5500 posts in less than a year. By the looks of that you ‘play’ more forums than the actual game. For someone to have an avg 15 posts/day (you do read and post after i hope) it means a tremendous amount of time spent here instead of the game.

1 Like

Necro, Druid and Sorc don’t have 6 arms like Barb though. Targaryen like marriage customs aren’t part of their culture like it is in Barb culture. And none of the classes are dextrous enough to fire a 2h crossbow with their pinky finger like Rogue.

Druids should get more totems or something. They can hang them on their big ole beer belly fur. Maybe Necro can get some accessory slots to hold those little voodoo dolls with pins stuck in their eyes to inspire horror in their enemies. Give Rogues a throwing slot or something? Sorcs can have
 I don’t know. Familiar slots?

Just imagine the potential for shop cosmetics.

Not sure what the OP’s post count has to do with the topic. A lot of people post from their phones, such as myself. Admittedly I spend more of my time outside of the game during any given day then inside the game. I’m not a famous youtuber/streamer/content creator who can spend 18+ hours in the game, nor would I want to spend that much time in the game lol.

1 Like

Walking away from a problem does nothing to rectify it.

In this particular case, the problem is that the forum is so frequently full of copious volumes of vomitous “feedback”, it becomes utterly unfit for that very purpose.

My putting Urza on ignore solves precisely zero. It advances the idea of amicability being desirable in lieu of actual function, and that’s about it.

Don’t worry, they put caps on everything as a bandaid fix too!