Lvl 50 Required for World 3 and 70 for World 4. This is not on patch note!

If you create a new character after this release, you will find that the lvl requirement for going to world 3 and 4. They don’t even mention this in release note! And they are trying soooooo hard to stop you from leveling up

67 Likes

Wait. I cant go into WT3 until level 50? Seriously? You cant try to knock it out at level 47?

13 Likes

I’m pretty sure that always intended it to be that way but missed the mark because the game wasn’t ready for launch.

12 Likes

That it true now. It doesn’t impact characters you already have but definite for new season characters

In fairness… the description always said that… it just did not do it lol

9 Likes

We tried boosting our friend level 10 to WT 3.
He can’t complete it. Requires him to be level 50.
We can’t power level him either.

Required level to complete the capstone is 50.
For WT3 → WT4 it is level 70.

Another friend can’t do the capstone to WT4 and is lvl 67 now, he killed Elias alone but WT4 is still locked.

4 Likes

Seriously. This is kind of a bummer. Why would you gatekeep tier 3? If somebody wants a challenge below lvl 50, what’s the harm? Soon as I finished the campaign I turned it on because it felt like Tier 2 was becoming a bore.

12 Likes

It really is bad.
Are we forced to play WT3 with horrible drops? I went from WT3 to WT4 with level 58 solo and if I was lucky a friend boosted me so I can farm ancestral items earlier.

2 Likes

I mean to be fair a level requirement of say 35 for T3 and 45 for T4 would be fine imo, it would be impossible without boosting for nearly all players anyway at those levels.

50 and 70 seems a bit harsh though. 40 and 60 would probs be better.

9 Likes

This makes no sense. You will so massively over gear those capstone dungeons if you do them at the level requirements.

I completed the tier 3 capstone dungeon at level 46 and had no issues.

I tried the tier 4 capstone dungeon at level 58 and couldn’t do it, came back at level 63 and it took three times to defeat the boss.

I can’t image the boss to be difficult at all if you are at the level needed.

Once again, a terrible decision. A decision that seems to be against the players and removal of fun.

13 Likes

So they killed boosting

7 Likes

It’s artificial progression.

You can’t start finding ancestral gear until 70 now so you can’t start getting your BiS until 70 instead of 60.

Problem is, grinding 60-70 in WT3 is a slog because you don’t get the xp buff. Oh and not to mention they nerfed xp overall anyways.

This whole patch just slowed down progression while adding nothing to look forward to. Game is such a joke.

44 Likes

Yeah, they probably want to prevent people from being boosted, but I would guess a lot of players with non meta builds managed to get through the first capstone dungeon at 40-42 and through the second one a little bit over 60. I know Rogue and maybe other classes had no issues getting to WT4 in their late 50.

They want leveling to be slower… lol

1 Like

Blizzard absolutely sucks now. They have completely lost touch with their player base. I hope to God Microsoft comes in swinging a giant hammer and cans most of the people at the top. They need fresh and new blood apparently.

25 Likes

So what is the point of a capstone dungeon if there’s a hard level requirement regardless.

Seriously, someone explain this to me. The capstone boss is a joke at the recommended level.

15 Likes

slows down leveling. they lowered monster levels at the end of world tiers aka lower exp.

2 Likes

Official Discord has a boosting channel… They just made it pointless

That is recommended level for noobs not for experienced. We can clr WT3 cap as low as lvl 30s ane WT4 cap as low as 50s. Why must we bear the boredom? Xp is far more appealing to enter @ 45/60 where sacred/ancestral min level can be equipped.

It’s ridiculously retarded to cap it this way. Harsher xp penalties can be implemented to cut plvl, not cutting challenges in an extremely easy game.

4 Likes

They literally said before launch that you wouldn’t be able to progress without hitting the level and doing the capstone and then at launch it wasnt the case.
I think its safe to say that, although better, it was a bug.

I also argue that harsher xp penalties would be hate by more of the playerbase than here.

Did anyone actually do the capstones at the recommended level? Everyone I know when they were leveling their first characters did them 5-10 levels early. So now we have to grind less efficient XP methods to get to a joke dungeon that won’t be a challenge anymore?

3 Likes