Leveling Glyphs

People and myself included have asked for a Passive XP system so that ALL activities apply XP to Paragon Glyphs, albeit much more slowly.
Something to ease the NMD-or-bust rinse and repeat loop.

Funny…one commenter here disagrees and dissents but simultaneously agreed with another XP post regarding leveling. Cops be cops.

1 Like

Like most post on the forum they go off topic,ill leave it on my topic and check in to see if there is anything constructive , Later you all Thanks

You can go check my posts. I have been against nearly every speed up in this game.
I think if your going to play a game then actually play it. If you want everything faster so you don’t have to play the game then why are you here?

Certian aspects of the game sure i wouldnt be playing if i didnt want to cya around Hilio

I’m with you about the “speed” of leveling. I still feel S1 was the best overall for leveling a character.
The decision isn’t mine and I don’t ask for “moar speed” leveling mains or alts so…cool your angsty jets buddy eh?

As far as Glyph XP though - that’s not a grind - it’s a slog and it’s locked behind a singular activity amongst more and more activities being added.
There’s no reason for post 100 XP to not passively pad PGlyphs since we’re 100 so quickly.
Especially considering Alts or 3 or 5.

This is something the team is aware of and the plan is to offer some glyph XP bumps in Season 4 so they do progress faster for players.

This wont be present in the PTR just because we are also giving everyone boosted glyphs but expect to see this when S4 starts.

35 Likes

Appreciate the Tell Pez thanks

Glyph XP is not the issue. The issue is the micro growth of the glyphs themselves. Glyphs need more interesting levelups, and fewer levels overall. More glyphs couldn’t hurt as well.

EDIT: Also the process of leveling the glyphs, ie. The Dungeons need work. You need to make the process actually fun to do, rather than the chore it is currently. More variety with the dungeons would help, and more activities within. Maybe tie glyph bonuses to doing things within the dungeon (exploration, completing events, finding items, etc.). Not to mention fixing the boss play, so they aren’t so boring to fight.

2 Likes

yay , good news every1

Thanks PezRadar.

While this is welcome for Main Characters - the real bottleneck was Alts.
I’d get to 90-100 with them and sometimes just run out of gas.

How would you have glyphs at lvl 10 When at lvl 100? Check your efficiency. lvl 1-100 should be 10 hrs ish on first toon and 4-5 hrs ish on alts. Its impossible not to have 3x lvl 21 or 5x lvl 15 at lvl 100.

Glypy Xp is not the problem. The problem is you need to hand pick NMD (non vault seasons) as some dungeons are significant more efficient than others. We do not want The toxic fishing tactics occur from D3.

Not gonna lie. I have 4 classes to 100 and all glyphs to 21 that i use. Started a fifth class last night……not looking forward to it….again.

Would be nice if they lightened the load a bit.

Really hope that in the future it’s more than just a xp bump. I realize there are changes coming that allows more drops to happen in more places and boss summoning mats to come from whisper caches etc hope that will help but it really feels like we are being pulled away from everything else that matters to go into NMDs to level our glyphs. I get it’s probably intended and really hope the up coming changes will help.

One huge QOL issue is matching up NMDs with the current whisper targets. At a bare minimum If we could somehow tell on the sigil themselves which is active that would help a lot.

I think its good.

There should be reasons youre doing X and there should be other reasons youre doing Y etc. Theres no need to be able to do and get everything done by doing 1 activity.

Different content for different things is GOOD not bad. Increasing the the lvling speed doesnt mean they need to increase the glyph leveling speed also. Seperate things.

More variety in dungeons could be them having season mechanics actually tie into the dungeons themselves, being a part of them. This would make dungeons a bit more interesting, as well as potentially more challenging as well.

If you were flowing off my post I’m not saying different is bad. It’s just that with a NMD unless it happens to be the whisper target it is entirely one dimensional for glyph XP. Everywhere else you can double up on mechanics most of the time. Hoping the changes in S4 make it feel better.

They need to be interesting without seasonal mechanics.

Having overworld activities such as turning in whispers, etc. would really go a long way toward making this feel less like tedium since we’d be getting a wider variety of gameplay while leveling our glyphs.

Not really. Whispers are just running the existing content as is, and the problem is the existing content is not fun to run.

No, the problem is that only dungeons currently award glyph EXP. Making other stuff award it makes the process less tedious. Unfortunately for you (and me), what parts of the game are fun and aren’t fun are individually preferential.