Level scaling sucks

Don’t try and belittle others valuable information. 70+ means anything over 70, which is not true. WT4 scaling stops at level95. IS THIS STILL NOT CLEAR TO YOU!?

I suggested a scaling solution here: Having level scaling and still being good!

I am doing 73+ WT4 content with underleveled character and have no issues. I believe you though, because a lot of people don’t know how to optimize their builds and/or play the game.

So in other words you have no idea what the players above level 70(since you have yet to experience it with your level), are talking about and just need attention?

easiest solution would be remove the aweful scaling and let us level alts faster to be faster on the same level with friends. Theres no point in trying to get stronger if everything levels with you

1 Like

wow, such a blasphemy

On today’s live chat they have avoided answering a question about lvl scaling wtf

how do you know that?

great post and summary of why level scaling sucks

I agree they also blew off the social issues. I don’t understand why two of the biggest issues are dismissed.

I love Diablo 4, it gives the feeling like I play Diablo 2 again and feels like it tries to go back to it roots BUT they ruin the whole game with level scaling.
I don’t feel the progress anymore like I am not getting stronger at all.
Seeing level 10 players killing the same mobs just as fast as a level 40 players is weird.
Such a shame…

Did the same with WoW. It’s a dumb idea when you’re supposed to grow stronger as you level. That’s the point of an rpg generally, and is core for any arpg. Way too much WoW design influence in D4. Likely development shortcuts.

The level scaling is ATROCIOUS

How? How can level scaling be one of the best things, at all, when it dictates nearly every single aspect of the game’s design? I would venture a guess to you not understanding exactly what scaling impacts.

I also need some answer.
I’m level 50 and went to t3 but now everything crushes me so how can i find gear for t3???

Simple, remember when they said it will take over 100 hours to get to 100? While doing that long, drab, boring af, and pointless grind you will find gear. :slight_smile:

yes but you missed something in my comment.
I never understood what damage/defense % are good to keep because for some reason some are worthless and for another reason not explained.
So now I’m level 50 in T3 not able to kill anything to gear up so i guess i’m stuck with an over leveled charr with bad gear.

Magic

20 characters!

Sadly there is not right answer here. It all depends on what class you are playing. Ranged or melee. Also your abilities. I use a Pen shot build which used poison so I have a defense that gives me less damage form poisoned mobs. I would advise checking out Maxroll.gg if you have not yet.

So potentially hundreds of dollars depending on how good characters you have on the account.