Leaked KFC cosmetics

I think they changed it for this round.
I’m fairly certain I read that you actually have to get the code from the physical wrapper on the sandwich, so you do have to pick it up this time.

2 Likes

When i am not in the mood to cook ,I’ll check it out.
Thanks for the feedback!

Can’t wait to put on 20 lbs, while trying to collect all these.

lol. It’s not an RNG mechanic, you don’t randomly get 1, you get all of them.

I’ve made a bold statement that I would eat two of these sandwiches (never had one before) if I am wrong about my prediction that the EA days will be mostly unplayable.

Being a man of my word (even at great detriment to myself at times) I WILL do so if I am proven wrong, and I only chose these sandwiches because of the general disdain and disgust for them that has been expressed here since the promotions began (i.e., everyone is familiar with them, mostly in a negative sense, so it felt like a topical punishment).
I had forgotten all about the items that come with them.
(I think the totem and the bow look kinda cool, though.)

Eating two will be bad enough, if that is my fate, so I’m glad it’s not one item per sandwich.

Although, I am a wee bit concerned that I might end up liking the sandwich…

“Mostly unplayable” is indeed a bold claim, and hopefully you do enjoy the sandwichs… that you’ll be eating.

No doubt that the server will have some issues during head start, but not “mostly unplayable” by a long shot. I’d be willing to bet the servers are not down even 6 hours, let alone over 2 days. And queue times will probably hover around an hour maybe. But I guess we’ll find out.

I’ve said before that selling early access isn’t just a great financial gain for them. The problems that most large online games face, is the initial wave of players logging in. Breaking that wave into 2 different waves on different days will alleviate sooo many potential problems they otherwise would have faced. Neither launch will be as poor as if they just had 1.

This just solidifies what gaming, for the most part, has become (at least with Blizzard and most of the “AAA” studios)…

“Vanity” items > games merit.

Sad that this trend will only continue.

Popeyes > KFC, in my option…

I probably made a mistake in condensing my thoughts down to the two words “mostly unplayable” for that post, but I’ve stated previously that my judgement will be based on how bad the forum is flooded with rage over not being able to play during those days.

(think: the halcyon days of the D3 launch. did d3 have early access? I don’t remember.)

This isn’t me trying to squirm out of my statement, I will follow-through if EA ends-up being a smooth ride with little forum rage.

It did not. And nobody could log in for about the first 2 hours.

And my point was that, yes there will be launch issues. People will b and moan and complain. There likely will be a queue. But it definitely won’t be “mostly unplayable” for those 4 days. It just won’t be problem free.

See, I should just go ahead and eat the damn sandwiches now, because you’re already putting your own personal spin on what is playable and unplayable.

“Queue times will probably hover around an hour” is unplayable in my book, as are hours-long stretches of “servers down” but it doesn’t sound like you consider it to be so.

I think you just need a better grasp of the English language and what the words “mostly unplayable” actually means. Like all the gen z kids running around saying “literally” to literally everything, with actually no idea to what the word literally means.

The difference between “unacceptable” and “unplayable” is quite a large margin.

Whatever you say, Professor. Ya got me; I misused “mostly.”

I’ll write “PUFFERFISH WAS RIGHT” on the inside of one of the wrappers for the screenshot I take if your view ends-up being the prevalent one.

I really hate chicken why is it always KFC.

Their nuggets are such a rip off more expensive than the tendies for less meat!

Popeye’s would have been so much easier to stomach.

1 Like

Ah, well…so these wrappers. Kinda a waste.

https://i.redd.it/vyu207j9411b1.jpg

So if they deliver, you better hope that the food comes packaged in these and not that the minimum wage guy who doesn’t know anything about the promo just tosses it in a regular KFC bag.
OR
The minimum wage guy takes a stack of D4 promor wrappers with codes on it and sells them at $100 a pop on ebay.

The codes are not going to be put on physical wrappers.

A) They want people to use their app and give them their email so they can push further advertisements and promos to your spam folder.

B) It’s cheaper than printing a physical code on each wrapper which could be wasted or abused.

To get the code will require the phone app, and it’ll be sent to your email.

Not entirely true, Professor.

The code for the first of the five rewards will be found on the sandwich pouch, and will need to be input after creating a KFC account and linking it to your battle.net account.

Rewards two through five will be unlocked upon purchase through your KFC account via the website or app.

1 Like

Kinda sad it has come to this. Maybe it is best I skip D4… can only imagine how far blizz will be willing to go. Like a KFC drive through in a dungeon, or KFC ads from NPC’s… truly pathetic commercialization. Glad I got alot of old games that run fine offline without any of this BS