Just remove Barb from the game

That will make this forum happy anyways, right? You all won’t be happy with Barb being usable, might as well stop anyone from making the mistake of rolling one and just take this class out of the game.

12 Likes

where is this coming from now?

difference is that barb wasnt just “usable” but most of the seasons extremely strong in comparison.

8 Likes

And post nerfs Barb isn’t going to be able to do anything ever again. Might as well just remove the whole class.

New barb nerfs or something??

New Barb gutting and buried 6 feet under, actually.

4 Likes

calm down. yes, the nerfs look rough, however, tier lists change a lot during the first 2 weeks of a season. im pretty certain that barbs will be just fine.

3 Likes

Yeah…they are nuking barb class, idk why. I’ll just skip season 5 if they go through with this though.

I thought they turned it around with S4, but if they want to backtrack then i guess so can the player count. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Are there new changes out recently? This is based on latest patch?

By “just fine” you mean “worse than Druids and Sorcs were in S4”?
The math doesn’t lie man, with these numbers Barbs aren’t gonna be able to do anything past like pit 120.

2 Likes

i see this very sentence every season after every nerf the barb has (due to how OP having so many equipment slot is and will still be as long as even non active weapons are still stat sticks)

yet , every seasons they still always come on top as the class with the most S-ranked build…so…will probably be the same here.

3 Likes

No you won’t. At all.

1 Like

I won’t know until i play it,

1 Like

Why not go the other direction? Why not just take existing technology of ‘transmog’ and allow all other classes to have underlying barb skill, mechanics, extra equipment slots, but then transmog the outcome to the spell and visual skill caster of their choice?

I’m not a barb player but those nerfs are done with a chainsaw instead of a scalpel. They need to stop doing that crap. We are a year in and not having class balance as well as interclass balance in a state that they can just do small tweaks each season is pretty pathetic.

Im tired of this swing meta crap where one or two builds are super strong while the rest are mid or garbage only for the next season to have that crap flip. Everything should be finely balanced and within 10% of the meta builds by now. The balance team is terrible imo.

12 Likes

sorcs had a super rough start, came out pretty solid tho, even if it was just due to the possibility of infinite flame shield.

dont get me wrong, noone likes to read about nerfs, but really, this stuff comes up every season, and usually the classes end up fine. (except for the druid this time of course).

The math doesnt lie can only be said by people who did the math, and i doubt anyone does. Hence why Tier lists before a season starts are highly inaccurate.

1 Like

The problem is, barb was the only class in a good state per builds but they seem to hate anything more then a single build per class per season, it’s sad

1 Like

It wasn’t just infinite flame shield. It was bugged shatter that uncapped damage scaling. That will be fixed by next season.

Builds should not need to rely on unintended interactions just to be valid. Not to mention the build was terrible and so was getting gear for it. Sorc was utter garbage. I couldn’t care less about one dude that made some crap build work. That does not make a class good nor fun. Also the gear it took to make work was pretty much out of reach for just about everyone.

1 Like

since these things dont get changed inside a season, its not unintended or “bug abuse”.
barbs often enough had these kind of skill/gear behavior going.

we will most likely have something of the likes in s5 as well. there are so many aspects, uniques on top of that skills paragon and stats, that you cant always foresee these kind of builds.

i personally dont care too much about that. as long as every class has the means to clear the content its all cool.
i said it somewhere else, people should play what they like, and not what someone tells them is OP ^^

Rogues were looking like top tier trash before S4. But when the season started they ended up with 2 very strong non-bugged builds and 1 very strong bugged build.

I would see how everything plays out first before acting like the sky is falling.

2 Likes