July 10th Patch Notes - Lots of Bug Fixes

Diablo IV Patch Notes — Diablo IV — Blizzard News

Highlight:

• Fixed an issue where the following Aspects were not dealing as much damage as intended:
    • Dust Devil’s Aspect
    • Aspect of Surprise
    • Trickster’s Aspect
    • Aspect of Artful Initiative
    • Vengeful Aspect
    • Aspect of the Arrow Storms
1 Like

Yeah, I think the world’s eyes collectively rolled backwards when they saw Dust Devil’s Aspect on that list.

9 Likes

All this work on cute little bug fixes while the game is still an imbalanced messy toilet.

13 Likes

Shh i just rolled one. Lol.

2 Likes

A barbarian, or the uh…other kind? I mean, they both produce dust, after a fashion, so…

Join us. The world needs more dust devils everywhere.

1 Like

Dust devils are good, clean fun. Except for all the dust!

2 Likes

I’m not sure you want my dust. At least I know the folks at the community pool didn’t when I was younger…

:smiling_imp: :tornado:

2 Likes

is it because barbs cosmetics sales are high? is that why they keep buffing barbs?

7 Likes

I’m happy to see little bug-fix patches like this, honestly wish we had them more often.

Blizz is on record for not making large balance changes (that aren’t exploits or bugs) for a season outside of the mid-season balance patch (if there is one)

I think it’s the other way around. Barbs keep getting buffed, so everyone keeps rerolling to barb, so their sales become higher bc larger barb player base.

3 Likes

Players: “Nice, we don’t have to care about how to get elixiers”
Blizzard: “Oh, you are having fun, we reduce the drop rate” :smiley:

5 Likes

I gave in and joined team Barb now I’m smashing the game and women love me.

10 Likes

Ditto. After playing sorc from beta to this season (and 1st s4 100 as well), playing barb makes it feel like an entirely different game. So easy now.

5 Likes

Interesting thing.
It is known that the increase in damage from the gravitational aspect does not work. And they repair the dust devils.

2 Likes

Right with y’all. Did a druid and sorcerer this season, and then realized my progress was hard capped. Made a barbarian and haven’t looked back.

2 Likes

Well, the drop rate does almost allow completely sidestepping the crafting system even for fresh characters. That said, I believe Blizzard should make the amount of Angel Breath larger on a per-drop basis (e.g. instead of ten of them per obol event chest, increase to twenty). That would alleviate some of the bottlenecking players have been complaining about this season, and is almost a necessary addition if they’re going to reduce the intake of premade elixirs. Conversely, they could liven things up by introducing a salvage option for unwanted elixirs to reclaim at least a portion of the materials necessary to create any of the elixirs. Having it be a one way street so to speak has created a bottleneck that only shows signs of relief once you stop using the materials for anything for a while.

2 Likes

I think having a salvage system for elixiers would be a nice addition to the game!
On the droprates: This is not WoW. I don’t want to farm herbs and ores in D4.
I want to kill monsters. In my opinion farming that stuff does not fit into a Diablo game.

3 Likes

It’s not really much different from farming bases in Diablo 2, only more frequent and necessary for many of the game’s systems. Overall the number of herbs could really stand an increase for each node. This is especially true for lifesbane and Angelbreath, which are still coded to drop only one or two most of the time as if they were still part of the old system.

You’d be surprised at how many players don’t like the pit for much the same reason. Ad nauseum farming of materials for gear upgrading. And for builds that can’t push higher pit levels, getting Neathiron is almost impossible and a lot of players just stop at 8/12 on their gear as a result. Upconversion would really alleviate some of that even if it does mean a longer total pit grind. It’s never fun when progression falls off a cliff because you didn’t go meta or FotM.

1 Like

The floating dust logs of doom!