Items enabling builds

This is why legendary powers were always a bad idea. They nerf the skill to put the power on the items and never have any regard for some sort of linear balance. You either have a broken skill or the skill sucks unless you have some item.

Even in D3 the entire Wizard classes defense was put onto a single ring. 80% damage reduction. You just can’t compete without it.

Now it’s even more of a nightmare. You see a legendary power and have to check every single piece of gear you have to see if you already have it on one of them and juggle trying to get every power on your character because it’s a mess.

1 Like

Sorc seems OP because it is OP hydra item or not

Hydra is fine without legendary. The legendary makes it do 100% more dmg and stacks with other legendary multipliers. No other legendary gives you 100% more dmg.

Sort of true, but at the same time not exactly. The Legendary that gave me mana back when chain lightning bounces off of myself made me basically do 10x more DPS. At least Single Target, which is the tanky stuff.

He’s not wrong. Perfect example is the twisting blades rogue orange text. Get it on a crossbow for that 100% bonus. All the sudden twisting blades is doing 3k damage and spinning around you like a giant death scythe.

It’s fine.

Like the previous Diablo games, some builds bloomed early, some bloomed late, and some required specific items to work at all.

Codex has a solid set of mostly generic affixes to help. Items can roll with +skills if you need a crutch. An affix on an item can be rerolled if need be. Items can be upgraded a few times if your gear level has risen but you can’t quite replace a critical legendary affix yet.

It’s far better thought out than previous games.

2 Likes

not really, it isn’t, because the boss doesn’t scale down. So even with a perfect build at 20, you deal reduced dmg to it.

Items can roll + skills but they can’t compensate even a little for special effects and codex imprint only 50% of the effect rolled on minimum. Most skills as far as i saw scale with few % with + skill and already saw 100%+ special effects. For any build you will need your item dropped with the special effect or you will struggle hard if the build is even playable. Not sure that 10 good items with + skill can compensate for special effect item even if all other gear isblue.