Is there a Memory leak?

Hi, for me,it’s look like memory leak.
Other game runs about +/- 15 gigs on ram on my system (Hogwarts legacy about 21 Gb :wink: ).

Spec.:
4k native (no dlss), all maxed

rtx 3080 Ti @ 2040/21000Mhz, 12Gb
32GB ram @ 3,6Ghz cl18
i9900k @5Ghz on all core
Nvme 3500/3300
Windows 11 2H22 - up to date
Last official NVidia drivers

Gpu ram still runs about 12 GB in use, memory ram runs between 21 - 29 GB (in “peek”), standard D4 playing is about 25-26 GB. Games FPS are between 120-160 (playing on monitor 4k@240Hz and G-Sync => Samsung g8 neo). Many suttering in new or loading location, cpu runs low on all cores between 20-40% when sutter, but buffering ram and peaking gpu ram on 12GB and some MB… Suttering is about 3-5 seconds.

Edit: Maybye its ok…I ivestigate closer - suttering looks like micro peaking on CPU, when one core for 1-4s peaking to the 80% + in the “suttering sitation”, gpu load goes down. Ram buffeing about 21 - 29Gb.

1 Like

Make sure your drivers are updated for your gpu, scan and repair game files, if that doesn’t work reinstall.

What OS are you using Win10 or 11?

They better fix the optimization , the game is running terrible atm even on high end systems with 30-40 FPS dips all of a sudden , never seen a blizz game with such poor optimization.

2 Likes

The 4090 was keeping it smooth at 4K but it was working very hard. The game and drivers are most definitely not optimized yet and that isn’t a criticism.

Uninstall the mega texture pack it’s 50gb textures that needs to be in the memory

With 16GB of RAM, if the Windows cache is disabled, the game fails to load and generates an error right at the beginning.

maybe there is. if i play for a very long session without ever quitting - the game starts feeling a tad slower by the end of it.

im talking 10 hours+. when it gets too noticeable i relaunch game and its back to being okay

i feel like the game needs more than 3 months worth of polish/optimizations. a bit worried but we’ll see.

1 Like

Oh gosh thought it was just me, I just hope this is something that will happen only in this beta because I’m really enjoying the game and it would be a shame if was like that at release

Well, it had leveled out and was down to a normal 8GB-ish. Since the new weekend started and an update to the latest nvidia drivers for D4 … RAM usage is back to 17.5GB! WTF Blizzard?

And we’re up to 21GB

i have literally had zero issues with stuttering. Gameplay has been very smooth for me. This is what I am running

System Information

Time of this report: 3/25/2023, 20:34:23
         Machine name: DESKTOP-L1BU3T2
           Machine Id: {2F78CFDD-76F6-49A2-B886-B7291D2019DF}
     Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
             Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
  System Manufacturer: ASUS
         System Model: System Product Name
                 BIOS: 1410 (type: UEFI)
            Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900F CPU @ 2.80GHz (20 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
               Memory: 16384MB RAM
  Available OS Memory: 16234MB RAM
            Page File: 12484MB used, 12732MB available
          Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
      DirectX Version: DirectX 12
  DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
   System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
      DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
             Miracast: Available, no HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.4.5
DxDiag Version: 10.00.22621.0001 64bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes

Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 4: No problems found.
      Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels

Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
       Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
        DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
     Device Type: Full Device (POST)
      Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_2503&SUBSYS_39761462&REV_A1
   Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] 

Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 20259 MB
Dedicated Memory: 12142 MB
Shared Memory: 8117 MB
Current Mode: 2560 x 1080 (32 bit) (200Hz)

1 Like

same setup (r5 3600/ 32gb RAM/ rtx3070 ) 1440P and same problem with ram usage. Its definitely a memory leak. Don’t have stutters at fixed 60 fps but the game need some optimisation for sure

Windows knows how the deal with memory leak (deleting) but if the leak continues it keep steady not increasing. The only way for us to know, is the demasiated use of RAM in comparisson with recommended requeriments for the game, so…

I personally believe there is. I’ve played many games in the past and the ones that have memory leaks do the same thing D4 is doing and that is it starts out rather smooth and gets worse and worse.

Might be , i can’t remember sh**, it’s either memory leak or this weed.

Yar, unfortunately, this game crashes my computer if I let it sit for a little bit.

Great detail. Thanks for that

That being said i dont have any memory errors with my setup

Windows 11
64gb
Samsung 980 pro ssd
1gig fiber connection

It’s still jumpy especially in and out of zones. Def got better with the nvidia driver update but still needs work. Still love playing the game. Keep up the hard work. See you in June

When did you last update your drivers? I had an issue at logout with a memory leak but updating my drivers fixed it.

It’s pretty strange. I can run around at a stready 147-150 fps and still get the stutters everytime new sprites are loading. If you stay in the same general area for awhile the stutter pretty much goes away, so it feels like a load bottleneck problem or something. The other wierd thing is when a cut scene comes and I go from that 150 fps down to 35. Which seems completely backwards.