Is there a Memory leak?

Yeah mine has done the same thing and I have 32 gigs I think it’s just memory leak or something

sad, I thought DLSS was there so benefit us, didn’t think it would be a developers easy way out for making games badly optimized.

i lowered the textures to medium and it fixed all my issues.

That doesn’t necessarily prove a memory leak. It could be designed to do that (e.g., by loading assets as you run around without removing old ones from cache). If it’s impacting your system then it’s poor design, but it makes sense for games to expand their memory footprint to a certain extent as long as there is room.

I had the same issue but was able to resolve it by playing on low graphics. I play in 4k and was at around 100fps on max settings but would have bad studders. When i dropped graphics it was smooth, i believe one of their settings is not optomized well and causing conflicts.

1 Like

I don’t know. If they say the recommended specs are X RAM then it should use no more than X RAM. Is RAM cheap? Yes, but not everyone (especially laptop users and definitely console users) are able to just expand the capacity.

If they aren’t running garbage collection enough it’ll be an issue for a lot of people who still think 8 GB is enough RAM.

They should really just load as many assets as necessary into the RAM and then just handle what’s not valid anymore.

D3 seems to have a memory leak as well so it wouldn’t surprise me (ram usage gets bad after leaving it open for more than a couple hours).

For the record, correcting memory leaks is something you learn within a year of starting a computer science degree, and should be built into the engine…

Is that what is happening? My game will crash periodically and state that it doesnt have enough memory.

32 Gigs here also and everytime it gets intensive it stutters. like ww barb just slows to a crawl. I play FPS and tons of games no issues. Its the most graphic intensive game I have ever played I guess lol.

game was doing strange things my browser on my other monitor was messing up, open task manager +90% memory use I have 32, then PC shuts down can’t restart so I have to shut down the power and restart it.

I’m seeing the same issue, D4 uses around 16GB of RAM constantly, while CPU and GPU usage is nearly nothing. I mean literally NOTHING. CPU hovers around 20% and GPU barely scrapes 5% during play and maybe spikes during a pre-rendered cutscene to 40%, which seems backwards, a pre-rendered scene should decrease usage and gameplay should increase usage.

I believe there is a memory leak. Every so often it goes to poo watching my mem usage.

Last epoch has this issue too after the recent release.

I am running on a 16gb RAM and 3050 ti laptop and it runs smoothly, no memory leak. It’s only using 7-8gb of RAM. I am alt tabbed on youtube. Only stutters I have gotten are connectivity. When some other players enter my space out in the world, the game freezes for a second or two. I did not download the extra 40gb of 4k ultra textures and quality if that makes a difference.

I have shutter problems aswell its wierd, i had even warning message that diablo 4 is out of memory and game closed. I was like wtf ? Its nice to see the problem i dont have only, i hope they will fix it.

I have the same issue…

My pc should not be the problem, since i have an 5900x cpu 32 gb ram andd a 6900xt wit 16 gb ram…

it is very odd…

No need to have more than 32GB of system RAM, as the game runs 24GB. I get the odd choppiness, but I have things on Ultra.

My Specs:
7900X3D
64GB DDR5 RAM
RTX 4070TI
Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD

For what it’s worth I haven’t had any problems. Been online for 11 hours now and it’s at 9 gigs with everything maxed on setting. Also have had 0 client crashes. Some intermittent lag spikes, but think it’s the servers rather than my end.

But also wouldn’t expect much problems even if it got high because I have 64 gigs of ram. And I rarely do any work while gaming.

Hi, for me,it’s look like memory leak.
Other game runs about +/- 15 gigs on ram on my system (Hogwarts legacy about 21 Gb :wink: ).

Spec.:
4k native (no dlss), all maxed

rtx 3080 Ti @ 2040/21000Mhz, 12Gb
32GB ram @ 3,6Ghz cl18
i9900k @5Ghz on all core
Nvme 3500/3300
Windows 11 2H22 - up to date
Last official NVidia drivers

Gpu ram still runs about 12 GB in use, memory ram runs between 21 - 29 GB (in “peek”), standard D4 playing is about 25-26 GB. Games FPS are between 120-160 (playing on monitor 4k@240Hz and G-Sync => Samsung g8 neo). Many suttering in new or loading location, cpu runs low on all cores between 20-40% when sutter, but buffering ram and peaking gpu ram on 12GB and some MB… Suttering is about 3-5 seconds.

Edit: Maybye its ok…I ivestigate closer - suttering looks like micro peaking on CPU, when one core for 1-4s peaking to the 80% + in the “suttering sitation”, gpu load goes down. Ram buffeing about 21 - 29Gb.

1 Like

Make sure your drivers are updated for your gpu, scan and repair game files, if that doesn’t work reinstall.

What OS are you using Win10 or 11?