Is the game too scary/disturbing?

To play at night? And what about the art direction? One of my friends refused to play it because he said it looks like it was created by satan worshipers. He did play D2.

You need a new friend i guess :rofl:

Serious now, its fine, nothing to be scared about if he played D2 and survived. Unless you hate spiders ofc, there’s some nasty ones around.

13 Likes

There are significantly scarier games than d4.

D4 isnt scary at all IMO. Its just dark.

To me, half life 2 is 100x scarier than this (im not a huge toxic waste alien guy)

7 Likes

Oh cmon!!

Seriously ?!?!??!?

If you feel it’s too much for you, you can play Diablo 3!! It’s full of unicorns!

6 Likes

I probably wouldn’t let young children play, but I didn’t find anything particularly scary in what I played. It’s just a bit gruesome in parts, but it’s balanced by the gothic beauty of the world so it doesn’t feel creepy or anything to play.

I found Diablo 1 to be the creepiest of the franchise, but I was younger then. I’m probably way more desensitized now.

2 Likes

seriously, there are many game i wouldn’t play at night alone and Diablo 4 isn’t one of them.

2 Likes

Tell your friend to go to hell. It’s fun there.

2 Likes

Depends on what your friend means by Satan worshipers? If he is refering to the programers who wrote the code for the game or the artists who created the game art and music, than no, they are just workers.

If he is refering to the CEO who steals all the money the game will generate, than yes. All CEO’s are Satan worshipers, regardless of the product. The only way to avoid products created by Satan worshipers is to change the economic model we live under to one not created by Satan.

4 Likes

most people will go to hell anyway

1 Like

Nothing wrong with Satan worshippers making a game. D4 would be better if it was even darker and more gritty if you ask me.

7 Likes

scary/disturbing?

As an adult and former Marine, the only thing that is scary is when the IRS calls. Some people need to grow up.

6 Likes

Whats wrong with being a satan worshipper? Sounds like your friend is narrow and closed minded!

3 Likes

The jump scares would get me in Half Life!

I launched myself out of my chair a few times back in the day. :laughing:

1 Like

Yup, i tried doing a HL2 playthrough like a year ago… nope too scary for me. The first idk 40% of the game was fine.

once you start facing the aliens with w.e on their heads through the restricted entrance NOPE. Not for me. No shot. Im out. All set.

2 Likes

No, your confusing the rich with most people.

It’s an absolutely gorgeous gothic medieval vibe. Satan worshipping? No. It’s mother-worshipping :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Tell your friend we fight the legions of hell not invite them in for tea. We don’t worship the evil we come to eradicate it… while getting fat loot also :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Lol how old is he? 12?

1 Like

For point of reference, members of the Church of Satan do not worship Satan. They are Athiests and the name is a jab. Its actually just a social club. People who actually worahip Satan are people like Elon Musk, Bill Gates, The Koch Brothers, the King of England and his pe[…]ile brother, almost every member of Congress, almost all the members of the Supreme Court, every president of the US since FDR, and of course every CEO of every corporation. Not an exhaustive list, but it’s a good start.

1 Like

Alex: “We don’t go to Ravenholm”

Me: “Wtf! I bet I’m about to go to f****** Ravenholm!!!”

3 Likes