Is the drop rate of Tempest Roar absurdly low?

Don’t forget salty. There’s plenty of that flavor.

I’ve got several TRs, but I’m avoiding using it because it doesn’t fit what I want to do in the first place. I’ve got ideas on builds, but none of them involves being a caster in a fursuit. Maybe if I finally get tired of it all and just want an ezmode clear of something, I’ll switch, but until then, I’m with you on the builds: Too many people stressing out over a rare item, thinking they are owed it for some reason, or it is bugged, or they literally can’t play without it. Maybe Druid isn’t for them.

Edit - As of 1043 EST I got a 4th Tempest Roar.

After being a mediocre zookeeper with anger management problems I decided I wanted to be an elemental shapeshifting werebeast also with anger management problems.

I’ve got something here I think, but needs that final puzzle piece to test.

And for what it’s worth I just got another hunters zenith and mothers embrace from the same dungeon (Conclave)

It’s hilariously bad at this point, but again no stress here. It’s only needed mostly to power up 2 defensive skills as a means to spread poison more effectively.

I just logged off in disgust. level 86 here, check my previous authored post about why this sucks for Druids and only Druids.

Going to take a break from the game till at least Thursday and see what the S1 Dev review contains. Then I’ll decide if I want to continue to play this game I truly love and enjoy but refuse to support when systems such as broken unique’s not dropping. To many Druid players have tried and failed to acquire the Tempest Roar helmet and not have it drop to call it anything other then a bug. No other class relies on a specific unique to make a build. I do know one thing I will never play a Druid again because of these overly reliance on a specific unique to make work.

4 Likes

Short answer…kinda.

While it definitely seems lower than other Druid uniques, the main issues is the reliance of effective builds on this one damn unique. If you don’t have TR, you’re pretty much sideline to a Pulverized build (A-tier), a very gimped Storm Lightning build (C-tier sub-80), or a wonky poison shred build that is (probably C-D tier without a few important paragon nodes).

Just gotta add my 2 cents. Just dinged 100 and no TR. Was able to fill a stash chest with all the other uniques ive looted tho (im a hoarder). As much as id like to have faith that blizzard cares that so many druids are locked out of a playstyle because of a piece of gear, i doubt theyll do anything about it. Grats to the few that have had TR drop, but really, its not a 50/50 bear vs wolf drop situation. The drop rate for TR is really absurdly lower than that of vasilys or all these players wouldnt be speaking up.

2 Likes

Max lvl druid here and I have played 200hrs of this game and have yet to see tempest roar. I have officially by the time of this reply dropped 13 vasilys prayer helmets. Tired of seeing that ugly surfer bro helmet drop from an enemy. Seems a bit much. With my luck I will end up getting harlequin crest before i see tempest roar.

4 Likes

Lvl 100 druid too here. Got 200h + to and only got 4x unique helm drops so far, all was Vasilys. 15x chest, 4x gloves 2x staff 8x rings. I guess somethink is wrong with the lootpool on druids

1 Like

I got my first Tempest Roar after hitting level 100 and playing for a few sessions. It dropped from the end boss of Champions Demise on a sigil 48+.

I got my second Tempest Roar last night after talking smack how trash the Treasure Goblins were and a waste of time… sure enough I run in to support my buddy who was chasing it down in a mid-40’s sigil dungeon and BAM! — a unique helm shines on the ground.

I pick it up and say, “hey, this can’t be another Tempest Roar can it?”.

I open by bags and there it is, Tempest Roar #2. It was 3 iLvls higher but almost all low end stats compared to my first one which was excellent.

TLDR: RNG can be demoralizing, but just keep grinding and play to clear and have fun while you find the other pieces/aspects to make the build shine once you finally get the Unique you seek.

Got mine in Blind Burrows nmd at level 80. Had 2 vasily’s before that.

I’ve been level 100 for over a week, I have done and absurd amount of NM dungeons up to lvl 76. I have many MANY hours of play and grinding of cultist/burrows, but unfortunately i have not seen a tempest roar yet. I’ve received end game barbarian uniques, several crone staffs, and temerity leggings. but no tempest roar. i am convinced my character is bugged at this point… i suppose this is a shout for help and hope it doesn’t go un answered. have a blessed day!

2 Likes

83 and still no Tempest Roar, fix the drop rate Blizzard… getting tired of endlessly grinding dungeons getting everything but Tempest Roar…

1 Like

Where did you get those drops from? Nm dungeons or helltide?

I’m still trying to figure out what is happening with this TR drop… I’m currently 92 and haven’t found it to complete the build. Weird thing is that from 80+ the number of unique drops decreased a lot. Pretty sure I’ll hit 100 without it. Maybe more luck on S1.

1 Like

95 and still no Tempest Roar. WTF Blizzard

1 Like

You should expect low drop rates if you are farming WT3. Get in those high tier nm dung and put in the work, I’ve found 2 and I’m only lvl 70.

I don’t care how tin foiled this sounds at this point.

You can’t possibly convince me that this isn’t either A; a bug or B; an intended nerf to the drop rate until they can get Druid werewolf numbers under control.

It’s beyond ridiculous that this many people with this many hours invested in the game have not seen a single item in that time. It would be one thing if this were one of the uber rares, but it’s not.

2 Likes

“This many people” most likely being an extremely low percentage of players. If it were truly an issue of staggering proportions, surely it would have been addressed by now, but since there has been zero communication about it, it is more likely than not that it is working as intended.

Considering most players of ANY game don’t bother coming to the forums at all; for any reason, and the fact we’re seeing this many people complain about a lack of a drop is more concerning.

And as far as the we’d hear about it argument:

www.ign. com/articles/diablo-4-players-are-using-an-overpowered-druid-build-to-do-billions-of-points-of-damage-in-a-single-hit

www.kotaku. com/diablo-4-best-op-druid-werewolf-stormclaw-build-dps-1850629407

www.gamerant. com/diablo-4-1-billion-damage-druid/

www.pcgamer. com/diablo-4-players-are-doing-literally-billions-of-points-of-damage-in-single-shots-with-bonkers-shred-druid-builds/

I’ll give you hint as to which items are allowing those number interactions, it’s the three most commonly complained about items for druids.

If the numbers can’t be fixed within a reasonable amount of time, what then would be the next best course of action to avoid many players potentially becoming OP, nerf drop rates until a proper fix can be put in.

Hence my position and hence it will remain. My confirmation will be Tuesday. If there’s a sudden spike in TR drops after a nerf to druid damage, then that will be all the confirmation I’ll need. And all the more reason for me to never trust these devs again.

2 Likes

To be fair, the giant damage numbers are from the Stormclaws Aspect doing weird background things and supposedly double dipping from damage modifiers it shouldn’t be interacting with and hitting for a berjillion damage. That’s not a Tempest Roar issue.

It is a LOT of people. Here, and other places, people talk bout not being able to find TR.

2 Likes