Is Necro actually weak, or are Necros just being babies (video)

Not my video, just wanted to get the opinion of another class looking from the outside in.

I know its a random video, but some (not all) people are using it to illustrate how Necros have it bad.

What do you think?

thank you

Oh hey thats my video lmao. But as i said in that thread that one is currently outdated. There is a different video ive made that showcases its issues better.

Oh, so it is. If you don’t want it up, I’ll take it down.

I wasn’t implying anything negative about you (which is why I posted your entire thread which explains you’re not complaining) but some people are whining.

In any case, glad to see I’m not the only one sticking with a Minion build

1 Like

Oh by all means keep it up spread the word. Refer to “Blizzard please help this class” for a more up to date thread and video if youre searching.

Yep plan to hug these dead babies hard!

Edit: heres the link for that thread

1 Like

Not so bad, just cleared a T38 at lvl 71 in about 15 minutes. Also had the 60% Distant Damage nerf, so was a bit nerfed and had to tank.

https://ctrlv.link/shots/2023/06/14/imVQ.png

41 as 75. I am 87 now, I will show you something tomorrow if I don’t forget.

Nice to see blighted is doing well, it’s build I would prefer against uber btw

Edit: 61 as 87 for what it matters, I don’t think it does, but hey. Also funny little mistakes happened:

It’s not that Necro is weak its that Necro is bugged…

1 Like

Necro is only weak when you compare it to other classes.

:joy::joy::joy:

Mobility=last place
CC Breaks=Last Place
Primary class mechanic (minions)= not viable end game

So… is it weak?

2 Likes

Look how low dmg he do with all this minions i rerol from summoner to bonemancer and now hitting for millions per bone spear currently have 560% crit dmg.

On paper the toolkit is genuinely really good.

In practice however it’s hamstrung by atrocious tuning, a myriad of bugs, and some integral mechanics just flat out not working (certain Paragon boards etc.)

Add onto that numerous nonsensical and unintuitive interactions (why do specifically the Reaper’s wind up attack proc Decrepify CDR, but not the Golem’s active/any pet auto attack?) and you’re left with a class that is actively working against you to such a degree that it just isn’t worthwhile.

It doesn’t help that there were games made in the 90s with more comprehensive AI than the main selling point of the class. Watching Skeletal Mages stand in the looming AoE, get hit by said AoE, and then continue to stand in it even as it blinds them causing them to literally stand idle and do nothing until it dissipates is an utter joke.

The fact that we can’t even get a timely hotfix to address BCE is telling. I guess being able to see the screen is optional in the modern Blizzard ARPG.

1 Like