Is it just me, or does D4 feel like Diablo Immortal?

So far there have been aspects that feel a little like DI but this is better than DI so far.

1 Like

I have a feeling Diablo 4 got its code copied and pasted to make diablo immortal but diablo immortal released first. If that’s the case it’s unfortunate because had Diablo Immortal not existed at all or come out later we’d all feel better about looking at this UI. Of course they made their millions upon millions so they don’t give two skidmarks in your skivvies but it’s unfortunate that flavor of D4 was tainted by being on the same plate as Diablo Immortal.

Now that being said I strongly believe D4 is largely a copy and paste of Diablo 3 but with the gamma turned down and more giblets and horses corpses that explode when you step on them scattered around the world rather than a new game but that’s another matter.

8 Likes

If Diablo Immortal didn’t have microtransactions, I would play it. So, I don’t care what Diablo 4 is like as long as they don’t nickle, dime, and $10,000 me to brokeness.

No idea, I wasn’t stupid enough to play that mobile garbage nonsense.

11 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Scarily similar to immortal. Too simplistic and meh. Has me really looking forward to poe2. This beta has put me off a bit. I was planning to play most of Saturday and now I’m thinking about what to do instead. Really disappointing, that at least crystallized the more I played.

3 Likes

What? How have you not seen people wanting this to be offline?

6 Likes

It feels somewhat like DI in the interface. I don’t like the extensive use of the Helvetica type font.

1 Like

item upgrades is straight out of DI

1 Like

Feels like they took all the parts of POE, Diablo Immortal, and Lost ark and combined them. The worst part of that, it’s al the bad parts. Mechanics that make no sense given arenas for fights. Scaling leveling which is a thing I’ve come to detest in ARPG, the upgrade system ripped right out of diablo Immortal. If I grind for gear and levels I should be able to out-level eventually a dungeon/boss not have it be just the same because it’s numbers went up. If I want that I’ll play a souls game, the hunting for stuff in an open world is ripped right out of POE and Lost Ark. Lilith shrines are just Mikoko seeds or whatever name they had in Lost Ark. Difficulty in open world is fine, some of the bosses you encounter are either pushovers or get mechanics they can spam too often. (Such as being able to summon minions, while being able to lock you down, while dropping damage dots on you, and then teh minions can summon swarms of enemies to just overwhelm you.) Heck the boss I was fighting before I just called it a night was summoning enemies with good mobility, homing attacks, and tethered to the boss which dealt damage and vulnerability (along with sections of an already small arena doing the same things of damage,stun/vulnerability). Then you get extra mooks on round two, then round three it’s the mooks, plus those initial enemies, plus another elite, and the whole time more effects are flying out that make you vulnerable and damage stack. Honestly, what was this desing, never had this issue in d2, nor in d3. It feels like they just threw some of this in without proper testing on all classes. Because if you’re melee like the barbarian , you can and most likely will get destroyed.

Couple all this mess above with the fact that you can’t go grind out and get better, because there’s not much of a system to tell you what’s better on all you’re gear, you have to guess and hope your right, but doing so with poor itemization mechanics, plus level scaling it feels like, what’s the point to even trying to level and improve, if everything is just gonna go up with you?

13 Likes

I agree the game looks and plays a lot like Diablo Immortal. I played that like 1 hour and then quit. Avatar seems to crowded on the screen - that is your body takes up Dr

1 Like

Reminds me of D"Immoral in the sense of mobile game style itemization, builds and UI.
I feel like i dont really care when an item drops on the ground its just another weird numeric upgrade

3 Likes

Not even in the slightest does it feel like immortal… at least not to me lol

1 Like

OMG I thought I was going to be the only one feeling something along this lines, although more than D:I I feel like this is a darker reskin of D3, which even tough I played a lot, It’s not at all what I was expecting from this game. It feels like D3 with a roll mechanic, and the worst part is the damn UI, It’s so mobilegameish it’s horrible. The skill tree also seems to be way too constraining and dumbeddown, way too linear. I wonder how the endgame is going to look like, because I’m willing to tolerate most of this if the endgame exists and it’s not just pushing rifts like D3, which IMO was the worst part of D3, extremly boring.

1 Like

that is the whole point of d4 to have a world full of players , its a multiplayer game not single player .

im playing the Barb and it really does feel like im playing Diablo Immortal :rofl:

1 Like

Nah it’s not just you, D4 feels like Diablo Immortal… the UI and the open world snoozefest, etc… the cinematics are nice and graphics are good, everything else is meh!

1 Like

Diablo Immortal was basically what they wanted to envision the next game in the franchise, then they noticed the backlash during Blizzcon 2018 so they decided to build D4 upon that (at least, based on my speculation).

I play Diablo Immortal and I noticed the similarities found in Diablo 4.

To me, Diablo 4 feels just like a marriage of Path of Exile and Diablo Immortal. We haven’t unlocked Battle Pass yet for the beta so we’ll see what that aspect will do for the game.

But yes, this game relying heavily on having a connection to the internet with its ‘persistent’ online game necessity is just another trite way Blizzard wants us to utilize their derelict servers. Hell, we’re all stuck in Queue Hell at the moment, imagine the first week of the game’s actual launch.

1 Like

This is why it feels like I’m playing a mobile game. It is indeed similar to DI.

3 Likes

I’m not defending either side of the topic here, but I do believe yall have it backwards.

Diablo 4 has been in development for way longer than Diablo Immortal. It was Diablo Immortal that probably took elements of D4 and implemented them since they were being developed pretty much in tandem.

Basically it only feels like Dibalo Immortal because it came out first. If D4 had come out before Immortal everyone would be saying the opposite of Immortal looks exactly like D4 :confused:

6 Likes

This was my immediate thought after hitting the open world. It is a bad Immortal reskin.

3 Likes