Is it just me, or does D4 feel like Diablo Immortal?

what multi player? only time i see people is in town. plus, there is zero match making system what so ever. for a supposed mmo, it really doesn’t feel like one. i mean at least DI had these features but where are they in d4?

1 Like

Well when you have multiple quests running around multiple towns turning quests in doing things that dont involve killing hordes of minions of hell, its certainly takes away from me giving two cares about the actual story line.

People like to exagerate about the tiniest things.

Is the whole point of your existence on these forums to counter everything people criticize or in this case observe about the game?

We get it you like the game, that’s fine. Doesn’t mean our opinion and feelings about the game aren’t valid.

2 Likes

Interesting idea in there…scale open world but not dungeons would be an interesting way to go. Pretty much what they did in WoW I think. Maybe give you the option to scale it like FFXIV? Especially when grouped, and lock some items behind it like rare mount drops or whatever.

not being able to zoom out further , and having this weird auto-zoom , definitely isn’t helping it.

It DOES feel more moba than a pc game though.

I really wanted this to meet my expectations but if they’re under the impression that anyone is going to grind these act 1 dungeons over and over again they’re delusional. None of these dungeons in act 1 were fun or memorable.

then go play the old one idk what to tell you

Yeah, it feels like a f2p mmo.

D3, the lost ark chronicles of exiles

It’s just you.
It’s just you.
It’s just you.

D4 has mtx too. Hope you like 20 dollar horse armor.

I thought the same thing truth be told…grayer…but DIish.

Caim do you know what cross platform is??? it wont make it so, that you will only see your own character. it just makes it so that you wont see players from other platforms like playstation, xbox and the like

there was one thing that felt a bit on the mobile game side. there were times when i would open my menu to check the map or quests or something, and it it would force one of those ‘click to collect your reward’ interactions, because of the zone renown bar. i hated that. couldnt close the screen or do anything till i clicked the bar. that is straight out of a mobile game. immortal is full of that crap, but i dont think it locks you in place and forces you to click the reward.

No Immortal was good for a time sync, but it’s biggest issue was you still stood no chance compared to someone spending $50-100k.

As long as you can’t whale yourself to the top it’ll be better.

I never played immortal so I have no idea.

« How surprising that the next Diablo game looks similar to the recent and previous and incredibly successful Diablo game »

D4 is D:I for consoles. Like D:I, it also has a PC port. The difference is that the monetization is less in-your-face predatory, at least at launch.

OP question is the #1 reason why I haven’t pre-purchased. Even if they said they won’t add P2W, they already sort of did with the statue race, which quite frankly is in bad taste and makes me believe they will do more of the same.

I downloaded Diablo Immortal on my PC a few weeks ago just to check it out. D4 feels nothing like it. In fact it doesn’t really feel like any of the previous Diablo games. It didn’t really hold my attention beyond the starting quest.