Infernal Horde is DoA!

I must admit, it was a really tedious experience on my side. I had to do a Tier 1 since I couldn’t find any mat to upgrade the compass from helltides.
Went back to WT3, did the compass. Waiting half of the time for mobs to spawn, then I opened the chest, one legendary item drop. Some random basic mats, and some gold.

Uuuh… ok, but now I can’t do anymore horde since no compass and no upgrade mat drop. I tried some helltides but no compass either.

@Season Designer, have you played the Infernal Horde yourself? Did you find that rewarding compared to any other activity? Even a WT3 Public Event has more loot…

4 Likes

“All my unit tests are green, boss!”
“Great! Now let’s send it to the play… err… TESTers”!

1 Like

Rewards defenitely need boosted. I did a 7 wave solo, EL 140 and got 3 ancestrials.

I was able to get 2 scrolls from the mat chest in one run and upgrade my Compass twice. Only had 55 aether.

I do think the group path is going to be the best option when running these.

Very boring and waste of time for little to no reward. They could have took the summoning circle from heltide and put it in a room and it would have been better than what we have. At lease you have more mobs and better loot.

1 Like

Needs either more monsters/power-ups/rewards or they need to be 100x shorter. It’s like Arena mode in LE but more boring (and LE arena mode is very boring to me).

1 Like

You think you want to have fun and be rewarded but you dont :wink:

I did one level 3 and went back to the live servers.

1 Like

Season 5 is a skip, also don’t want to even play S4 anymore after seeing where this game is going.

5 Likes

I have added some more stuff in the initial post after i finally did a tier 7 horde and its not looking good at all.

I have not set foot into The Trials and right now, I won’t step foot into this either.

I played for over an hour and got zero compasses. I am not wasting my time on crap content.

5 Likes

I couldnt agree more! WELL DONE. WELL SAID. BLIZZARD WILL MAKE CHANGES WE CAN GUANRATEE THAT…

no uniques, no fun, no loot, no cash drop, no materials- no point

1 Like

Same here. I did give it a try but lost interest immediately after doing 1 trial

1 Like

They rolling out a patch. I got a chuckle on this section of the notes…

Why would they not make them guaranteed? It’s like they spent the time to create this content but they don’t want us to run the content. The rewards aren’t even making the content worth running anyways.

3 Likes

They could have used infernal hordes to let us target farm very specific things, like having boons that let us deterministically determine what type of items / affixes we can get. In addition, the banes are boring and uninspiring, I feel like this was a huge missed opportunity for them to add stuff that’s absolutely bonkers and fun to engage with.

4 Likes

After finally getting some scrolls from salvaging keys, I think it starts to get fun around monster lvl 140. The process is pretty enjoyable. The reward vs time spent in the activity ratio is very low. Why would anyone spend 20 minutes doing an Arena for like 2 boots, a ring and a couple swords that would take you 3 minutes to get in helltide. There is no reason to play this. At all. Currently.

3 Likes

That was actually my impression when they stated that this is aimed at target farming, they knew what we wanted and gave us this ? I mean, how can you screw this up so bad ?

This mode is just stupendous and boring.

2 Likes

Yeah I think it is fun idea actually but its current implementation there is no reason to ever play it twice. Its a waste of time given how small the rewards are…

The difficulty or gear requirement of the T7/8 would need about 5-10 pulls on the GA chest to be worth the runs

1 Like

if they release this at its current state! without increase the GOLD MATS AND ITEMS from this 10+min run + the farming of items need to run this

man, D4 knows how to kill their game! i mean season 4 wasn’t that big! it was changes people were asking for DAY 1 so idk why it took them 1 year to change how loot works!

now the Ex pack around the corner WHAT CHANGED nothing bet they haven’t even tested those legendary glyphs

1 Like

They should make it when you run a compass for example a T3 compass it drops a T4 compass at the end and so on kinda similar to Nightmare Dungeons. Abyssal scrolls should be removed. Maybe add a Rare Boss that can spawn at the end instead of the Council after T6 that can drop Special Unique Season Items or maybe they can add Unique Aspects. and this way it can make the grind worth grinding for

2 Likes