I'm sure I'll get the hate

Again in my post I don’t argue against feedback, in fact I’m encouraging it and saying that’s what the beta is for. I’m arguing against negative toxic posts where all they post is to say, “This game sucks I’m getting a refund.” That’s not feedback.

Feedback would be I didn’t enjoy myself because my ABC experience but if we did XYZ that could make it more fun for me.

Can’t believe I have to break this down and explain it to people.

No hate here I enjoyed the beta. Got the barb, and sorc to 25. Played a rogue to 15. I had a good time running around with friends. Emoting at people in the environment was neat. The story is rich and is already better then D3 and immortal. Dare I even argue D2. Yes the story is really good so far. The combat flows nicely. The monsters look great, the environment looks fantastic. The npcs in the town feel alive as well. We can trade blues and rares! The skill tree is a dramatic improvement from their more recent arpg titles. The cinematics are superb. Crafting is decent so far, and I hope they expand on that. I hope to see the horadric cube. I hope to see runes. Bummed we didn’t get to see pvp, but im excited for that. A failed promise for D3. They have a separate currency for gambling which I welcome. As long as the battlepass doesn’t interfear with progression. I see nothing, but potential for this to be the best Diablo experience to date.

Some peoples nitpicks are pretty genuine though. Like the font for instance should be Exocet. The UI could use some artistic changes to better match the gritty atmosphere the game provides. Some of the repetitive basements and dungeons could be randomly generated. No more tetris inventory is kind of a bummer. It would be nice to see one more skill for the hotbar. Specifically for the ultimate skill. Some people that used controller mentioned they can’t leap properly. There are some things that do need to be fixed and adjusted. After all this is a beta.

If that battlepass tho, includes anything to add progression to characters like increase drop rate of Gambling currency, increase drop rate of rares/legos, movement speed bonuses, etc, etc, or anything other then cosmetics. I don’t care what your vocabulary, or definitions are of p2w vs pay to progress. This will go from top dog to immortal dumpster fire in haste.

No hate! Game feels incredible already.

Can’t wait to hit 50 and start chasing Sacred items, Uniques and at level 70+ Ancestrals + even more Uniques.

The story is great? No, you’re confused, the story is terrible. Granted, it’s better than D3, which was basically what The Force Awakens was to Star Wars. (Essentially just a bunch of ham-fisted references to obscure lore, and altering and destroying old established characters (Poor Cain. Hell, poor nameless warrior who was erased because of Aiden. That was me (and everyone else who played Diablo). Blizzard wrote me out of the game in D3. Those bastards! )).

The atmosphere is good. The opening cutscene and intro of the game recapture the feeling of it being an occult horror ARPG splendidly, and I absolutely want more of that. It’s actually the first cutscene I’ve sat all the way thru in years.

However… Lillith’s main motivation is apparently getting humans to… ‘sin.’

Diablo is not rooted in christian mythology; despite there being crosses everywhere for some reason, it’s arguably not even based on it, the world is polytheistic and has references to several gods in some of the environmental storytelling. It seems like the series leans more toward a sort of fantasy action christianity as it goes on though, and I wish they’d keep that kind of thing out of my video game about killing hordes of demons. (That’s all I really want here, I don’t care about the story at the end of the day).

In the original, demons are just entities from another plane of existence that are trying to invade the human realm, they’re not trying to seduce people away from salvation. They do seem to talk about stealing souls, but that seems like it’s just something demons do. There are gods in diablo, but the god of the bible doesn’t exist. A realm called heaven does, but that’s basically an analog to hell, with angels being from another plane of existence, not necessarily divine beings created by a creator god.

Lillith wanting people to sin is random and it feels like it comes from nowhere, it feels like it was ham-fisted in by a writer who doesn’t really understand the game’s lore, and is appealing to what people would expect from the name alone.

That has never been a thing. I think it’s STUPID, and it’s pretty foundational, so it kind of makes the entire rest of the plot stupid.

That being said, the game is fun. It feels like a blend of 2 and 3, and even if I end up hating the story, I’m probably going to sink a lot of time in it. I’m just getting into the scene, I haven’t really seen what people are saying, but I’m surprised people are complaining.

Its not supposed to be Diablo 2. Go play D2R if thats what you want.

How are people this ignorant? Such crybabies.

My biggest gripe and I haven’t even mentioned it before, monsters match your level, the gear drops don’t. After killing a level 25 monster, it shouldn’t drop a level 10 legendary

I enjoy Lillith as the antagonist and they’re portraying her as she is in pretty much any text I’ve ever seen her mentioned in.

You should see all the negative click bait on YouTube about D4 lol. And that’s what it all is…click bait! You analogy with WOW is correct. People haven’t even really gotten out of the starting zone and they are whining about how bad the game is. D4 is great and will continue to grow. It’s not POE, it’s not Elder Scrolls or Lost Ark. It’s Diablo 4!! Nuff said

Yea sorry everything you said is wrong, you need to check up on all the Diablo backstory.

Here you go bud. diablo.fandom. com/wiki/Lilith

this is the best take i’ve seen on the entire forums. ty

For you…for me Lilith and Inarius war seems interesting…the wolf is interesting. You had the first act story, and you’re gonna complain about it?

Hating to be cool, are we?

The moment you used ‘entitled’ you lost all credibility.

Its like listening to a early 2k hipster: Amusing, but without substance.

Welp, the full game is out now, and the hate is even more severe.

There’s a reason they only gave us 20 levels, they clearly didn’t want us to see the nonexistent end game.

How do you feel about this game now?

Ah yes, the 5 month old necro,

Game still good!

We all saw that train coming and didn’t care to get off the tracks.

The story is completely awful and seems to show nothing but contempt for the source material. They kill Rathma literally a mission after he is introduced. They kill a character from D2 a mission after he is introduced. They kill Inarius is the most insanely disappointing, limp, pathetic way they can imagine. Donan, one of the best parts about the story, dies via being punched by a haunted wall. It feels like the story was written by people who hate Diablo. It most certainly isn’t wonderful. It’s horrible, just well animated.

This game did irreparable damage to the lore of this franchise. I would have hoped they would have seen how angry people were when Cain died and avoided all this nonsense.

2 Likes

I love paying full price for a half donkey’s behind.

Ya but blizzards a 2nd rate company so its gonna flop.

This didnt age well at all.

I saud it in march its bad game and you guys listened to OP who quit at lvl 50 lol

1 Like