Im sick of this mechanic

It could roll into a good one or bad one. It’s like 3 out of 4, I would have decent rolls. There is a chance I would get a bad roll. I never cried when it happened. It is meant to happen. Is it your birthday everyday? ROFL.

I never celebrate when I looted a good item. I only celebrate after it gets a good temper roll. Learn2accept the RNG mechanics. Dont play like youre a beginner on this RNG game.

1 Like

that would the most retarded fo foccused tempering recipie ever.
4 the spell already has that and 5 we already have that. so even that examples is flawed and shows how dumb these recipies still are and if they are designing like this, still be in 2040.

If you say so. To me it seems like the old system with the problems moved to other areas, default affixes dumbed down, and spin the dial split across multiple iterations and called crafting. Best case a series of lateral moves introducing further complexity where it did not need to exist.

If anything the difference is the ebb and flow between excitement and depression from the loot hunt gained an extra avenue for depression. Finding a possible gem to have it ripped from your hands because the Blacksmith botched the quench.

Sure, it’s not some world ending travesty. It doesn’t seem better at all to me though. A different flavor of the same thing, really.

2 Likes

I think a proper loot hunt will solve everything once and for all. But first we need actual loot to exist in the game, not just plain 3-affixed items with attached power to them.

Gimme all your Sets
Gimme all your Uniques
Gimme all your Unearthed Legendries (legendries with affixes from other item types to them)

Keep your crafted +15% +15% +15% Lucky hit + gloves, or +Thorns +Thorns +Thorns cuirass… cuz’ my running socks are more elaborated than these.

Very questionable approach. IMHO the devs are simply wrong. Why do items need an end of their journey at all?

In fact, there’s no reason why there should be a 40-50% chance to make items we just found practically useless. If the devs are concerned that players might gear up too quickly, there’s a simple solution: Reduce drop rates.

I’m all for the loot hunt. After all, Diablo games have always been about loot. Playing, finding improvements, getting better gear is an important part of the game.I definitely don’t want BIS gear handed out to me on a silver plate in week 1 of a season. There should be chase items. And the chase should take some time.

Temper bricking isn’t the way to achieve an interesting loot hunt though. It just causes frustration. It makes people feel bad. It’s been said in multiple threads. A lot of players simply aren’t happy with the current system. It’s time for the devs to react.

To sum up: No, items don’t need to “have an end of their journey”. Just make GA items less common. Problem solved.
And remove temper bricking. Yet another problem solved.

3 Likes

I could not agree more the Tempering RNG sucks more gluteus maximus an than a HOOVER!!! It is almost like the AI in the game knows the tempering affix you need! Then says hold my beer watch me make this rage!!!

1 Like

In my opinion, they should allow tempering as many times as you want and maybe increase the price the way you can re-roll one affix of any of your items at the Enchanter for an indefinite number of times.

1 Like

Yo be fair that old system was so bad that anything new was an improvement. The new system while easier to customize your builds sounds great it’s still very generic outside of a few actually transformative affixes that increase size to your skills. The rest are more of the same boring damage multipliers that do nothing other than make most characters one shot thing harder.

“I didnt return until people said it was good”

That kinda invalidates your opinion admitting that your engagement with this game is based on what other people think…

:man_shrugging:

Everyone hates it. Another 5k poster that loves everything about the game.

They said “items need identity” they also spoke about “hording items”.

I feel they already did this with ga gear to accommodate “trade”. However its still possible to find what you need in a reasonable time.

I do agree here. I spent 3-4 weeks on my main character. Every other season I was done with my main by now.

I :100: agree but not because of frustration but because legendary items are boring. They rain from the sky and lets face it itemization just isnt interesting.

Well shall agree to disagree like a gentleman :cowboy_hat_face:. And not I say good Sir we shall see each other in the fields of hatred…

You’re not everyone BoB. An no I dont love everything about the game but the current system is far superior to what we had before. Oversimplified tbh but they need to cater to the Casual Bobs’ and D3 playerbase because math this hard :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I love bricking my gear and having my time wasted* because the same affix rerolls, there’s no way I’m buying the expansion if this doesn’t improve

1 Like

Exactly. I call such shady tactics “artificial content” since it’s not real content, but just some extremely perverse mechanics that are in place specifically to simulate real content. At the end of the day, the poor hamster-in-a-wheel just keeps going, which in turn makes the studio happy.

Me myself I tried to accept this, but when I saw there was ZERO difference between Pit +20 vs Pit+70 items in terms of drops, I was like “GTFO” and stopped. Will probably play Season 5 for some days and quit it again after I will encounter something similarly atrocious, which I am perfectly aware will 100% happen.

/shrug

1 Like

My engagement with diablo goes back to 1997 when it started. I’ve manned more hours in a diablo game than I would care to admit but I can guarantee you I’ve logged enough hours to be considered a professional. So when an old buddy of mine says hey Diablo seems pretty good you should try it see what you think I tend to think ok sure I’ll see if it’s any good.

I played at launch in d4 and I can tell you I was literally falling asleep playing the game mid day just had a soda falling asleep playing… I’m old but not that old. Considering now that I’m pushing 16hours a day playing the game (on vacation) and doing just fine there was something wrong with the game. I left. Now I’m giving the game a second chance and for the most part its pretty good I’m not falling asleep I’m actually rather enjoying the game at least I was until Tempering said No. It keeps saying No and is heavily weighted to fail. So no more diablo for me at least until they fix this nonsense.

I like baseball so you got one more strike Blizz. I’ll wait again until someone says hey you know what diablo is pretty good then I’ll come see for myself. I don’t want much I just want to have fun man and this system is 100% not fun.

1 Like

Agreed. It puts a damper on everything, the whole game is getting boring and monotonous.

2 Likes

If they removed these dumb road blocks id have multiple chars rocking some sweet gear having a great time. I would be having such a good time I might even consider paying for some of the extremely overpriced cosmetics you got in the store there. Like 100% would return right now if they removed that limit. Thats it. Thats all you got to do. Remove the limit let fun resume.

1 Like

Stop whining and buy more cosmetics.

Oh and sign this petition to nerf sorc.

You choose how you spend your time. You are playing a video game :sweat_smile::rofl::joy:.

1 Like

You are very lucky if you don’t brick items. I stopped counting after 10 items with 2 GA or higher. Now I just don’t care about GA at all, just brick it and forget most times. Sometimes it does not brick, most times it does, whatever. They just need to add loot filter to make farming more fun.

My experience with this system is the complete opposite of this. Whenever I am successful in getting two first choice Tempering Aspects on my gear - after bricking SO many great items - I find myself logging out every single time, with the same thought in mind… “I better quit while I’m ahead!” :rofl: I still log back in to play much later but my engagement with the game has certainly waned considerably - even my husband has noticed that I don’t play as much…I find myself looking for other, more satisfying activities to do…like gardening :slightly_smiling_face:

Prior to Loot Reborn, whenever I got the roll I wanted with the value I wanted - it didn’t matter how much gold I spent to get it, it didn’t matter how long I had to grind for the mats to enchant the item to exactly what I wanted - it felt very satisfying when I finally got it. So much so that I spent more time with the other features of the game, specifically the shop. Since the re-work, I haven’t looked at what the shop has to offer…

Don’t get me wrong, I really like the new Tempering and Masterworking features in the game; it makes for powerful and enjoyable items and interesting builds when the outcome is favorable to me. The bloat of the former loot system did not really bother me so much coz I like the grind and in time, I always got the stat that I wanted with the max value.

Obviously I can only speak for myself but for me, there is a BIG difference between my satisfaction borne out of relief (not bricking my item) as opposed to exciting, enjoyable gameplay mechanic (enchanting a stat to GG status). The former compels me to log out just so I don’t press my luck and the latter prolongs my engagement with the game.