I do not like Neyrelle. She is stealing the M.C. spotlight like Guild Wars 2 Trahaerne did

Covetus Shen’s kid? XD

3 Likes

I agree, we have seen only a little bit of Neyrelle and she’s already on my last nerve.

He kind of looks like what every race combined might look like.

Yeah, the “magpie” kid sucks hard. Why focus on lame characters like her and completely neglect the player character?

1 Like

I was annoyed at the combination of her being way cooler than you are and the fact your character is a potato. They’re just…kinda there. I never got any feeling that my character had a personality like the different classes in D2, or stood for or believed in anything. They’re just vacant eyes wandering around the world slaying monsters for no real reason.

His character is obviously black and he’s been voiced by a black guy since forever. Neyrelle is absolutely not his daughter.

Maybe stop playing so much and do things in the real world. It’s seems to me you’re the type of person that been around the online gaming world for too long and have seen it all, now frustrated because there is nothing new to see. Kind of sad.

1 Like

Don’t play the game then or buy it right? next I will hear METO movement.

That was my initial thought when we met her.

the only thing I did not like about her is she was dressed better than her mother. but I can relate being a father of 3 boys I make sure they are dressed well.

Ummm wow thats a massive leap to a conclusion … maybe some of us are tired of boring things and aren’t happy with mediocre.

But hey if the story seems fine to you meh more power to you.

I doubt I’ll buy D4 unless I see a 50% sale and some good updates, still…

I hope Neyrelle is just a side character. From what I’ve seen (even small dialogues) she lacks personality, unlike Leah, and one of the few things I personally enjoyed from D3 character wise (I almost managed to erased from my memory that Deckard Cain death, lol).

I strongly disagree with your comparison though. Trehearne was very knowledgeable and useful with actual personality (sth not many GW2 characters had at start, since most die soon or stay for a short time until expansions/living story), and had a touching ending. A good M.C. stealing spotlight would be Kormir from GW1. She even ascended to Godhood, that useless B.

Had some D3 Leia vibes. Boring and uninterested.

1 Like

That’s exactly THE MESSAGE given when the male guard runs away like a coward while the strong, independent, wise female (child of all things) pushes onward.

3 Likes

I just did her quest and im like… Wait who is this and why do I care? Did i miss something. I admit as its beta i have paid 100% attention to everything but inserting a Leah 2.0 I was just like ok so were going to find adria who is dead and you are female diablo?

2 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t create storylines that involve the player as the main character. They write a story about a cast of npcs and our character just stands on the side watching like a henchman. It’s the same thing in WoW.

It can work, but it requires the cast of characters to be entertaining and they have been failing on that pretty hard for a while now.

Preach. I hope the other acts have a better story. either way I’m not here for the story so meh.

I just watched the explanation of this by one of the devs. They were sending the requests to another studio for the cinematics and they got the final scene of the warrior putting the soul stone in his own head and were like “What do we do with this?”

Keep in mind the opening horror bit had me deeply interested in the story. The church scene felt like it was ripped straight out of midnight mass, great book/tv series.

Then we get Neyrelle and I’m like “sigh not this hand holding narrative crap again.” I don’t even care who the demon wolf is… it’s going to be a disappointment or make 0 sense canonically anyway. Like seriously whoever writes this should have the sin wars as required reading. It’s the only reason any1 cares about diablo lore at all

1 Like

Nah Leah is not a Mary Sue. Leah fails, suffers, and then dies so the boss can accomplish its 20 year long plot. Her story actually worked where she did have some measure of character growth, some interaction with the characters. Nothing about her felt forced or unnatural.

Neyrelle however is quite different. She knows everything and can do everything. The game even makes her the center of the voice overs which are narrated by a NPC ala Diablo 2 instead of being narrated by our character like they were in Diablo 3 where our character explained what they were doing and why they were doing it.

Even if you play a Necromancer who should easily have been able to bring back Neyrelle’s dead mom your character isn’t allowed to do anything but be a passive observer where it matters. It isn’t even clear why the Horadrim had a book about necromancy when the Horadrim were primarily focused on angelic magic since they were disciples of the angel Tyrael, as well as spatial and temporal magic such as Zoltan Kulle.

Really Diablo 4 should have been set during the time period 300 years prior to Diablo 1 when Tyrael first led the Horadrim. Then the devs wouldn’t have to worry too much about continuity problems outside of making sure that everything was in place according to how Diablo 1 and 2 would start.

3 Likes