I do not like Neyrelle. She is stealing the M.C. spotlight like Guild Wars 2 Trahaerne did

Very annoying character. I hope she’s not prevalent in later acts, but I doubt it.

1 Like

Setting aside the gender beef, which BTW really torpedoes your whole critique — it sounded like a testosterone fueled bender at the end, FYI — I do agree with the general point you are making; That our character is sidelined by what is basically a kid.

I do like a lot of the story though, and especially the retrospective format of the narration.

1 Like

I don’t want to spoil anything because yeah I know exactly how this story is going to play out and it will do a major disservice to the lore lovers like D3 did. Seriously Malthael is the Aspect of Wisdom and he just comes off as a broody teenager who thinks the only way to world peace is total annihilation and supreme power. Some surface level armchair philosophy there….

Anyway there were some very alpha screenshots of items requiring either demonic power or angelic power to equip hinting heavily at picking a side between Inarius and Lilith in the upcoming presumably ‘final’ showdown between angels and demons on Sanctuary. Doing quests for non-hostile angels or demons and “picking a side” feels very interesting and very D&D alignment. Clearly that whole story arc was scrapped but that sounds very fun for an “immersive” campaign with multiple possible endings.

Neyrelle sucks and is just Leah from D3. Were we supposed to cry or feel any emotion towards her mother? You can’t just introduce characters only to kill them off and expect me to feel emotion. I’m convinced this is more boardroom talking head garbage instead of hiring a competent writer to write story arcs for your game.

3 Likes

You know it would really suck if she turns out to be Lillith in disguise.

Rathma died so some spunky teenager could be the next Kerrigan.

The narcissism of the modern gamer is insane. “THE PC SHOULD BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION!” D1 was dumb for making the PC the Wanderer. Neyrelle’s knowledge and magic are explained both by previous titles and by her mother’s wandering.

Why does the PC need to be the hero and not a nameless bystander?

1 Like

So it’s hard for you to have empathy for Neyrelle’s situation of her mother suddenly going bat**** insane, siding with a demon, and needing to kill her to survive herself?

I hate Neyrelle… I hate these level puller characters. I hate that they have these overly dramatic scenes when I know nothing about them.

I have no emotional connection to these characters and I feel like I am forced to be their side kick.

I hate their stupid voice lines. Acting like they noticed the massive crack in the wall or the obvious door.

Then I can’t even read a damn book!

2 Likes

inb4 she becomes the host for Hatred like Leah was for Diablo

I had done a post asking if we could pick sides or if we did, can’t remember, but someone mentioned that feature so I looked it up. It wasn’t all that good. It was basically just buffs or debuffs or some such thing it wasn’t anything amazing. I’m glad they scrapped it personally.

LOL She most likely will be Lilith in disquise.

Honestly did they get a 16 year old fanfiction student to write the plotline ? It plays out like pure cringe … “Like HAW MA GAWD … Inarius potentially kills his own son offscreen !!!” Gasp I was so shocked at that.

And why is your character a “Supposedly” powerful “Insert character type here” so stupid to follow these NPC’s and create or amplify the problems even further ?

Are we meant to just sit there rolling our eyes at the stupidity of all the characters and their actions ?? And then after spending so much time levelling up you get to “Woohoo fight the big bad guy at the end … but that bad guy was the good guy and now the world will suffer … queue cutscene for next game/expansion/moneygrab”

Why can’t we get a proper story where we dont have everything spoon fed by boring NPC interactions and “Fetch” quests ???

6 Likes

Yup. Why should I care about either of them? Although I can’t read sarcasm, so if you’re being sarcastic I’m sorry. But this is cringe GoT season 8 bad writing. I feel nothing because the characters are nothing. They have no weight, they don’t mean anything to me at all. Nothing was established previously to this interaction to make me care.

For reference I cry like a damn baby in Pixar shorts. And those are like 7 minutes long, but damn pixar is masterclass at grabbing your heart and ripping it out of your chest. If you disagree you’re a godamn monster. Maybe they should havd grabbed one of those writers. Maybe then Id feel something.

1 Like

I see her more as a side character to the demon and angel characters, kind of like how humans are side characters in transformers movies.

My bet is she’s Tyreal’s kid with a mortal woman.

Age wise I think it works out, given how the years seem to have hit Lorath pretty hard (and also potentially explain why he would choose an area right near where she lives)…

Also the name Neyrelle doesn’t sound russian (like everyone else in the zone) and even could be pronounced vaguely like Tyreal

1 Like

Honestly that makes sense and fits in with the whole “Cringe” story writing they have so far.

Whoever wrote this into the game must be complete Moron !!!

1 Like

Guys which boss is going to come out of Neyrelle in D4? I bet it’s Baal. They already did Diablo

or maybe Mephisto since Neyrelle is sorceressish. Then Baal will come out of the girl in D5

1 Like

My money’s on Adria, but I hope it’s Maghda.

Can we just stop this before it gets even more cheesy?

And can we have enigmatic mysterious angel form Tyreal back? Not some douche commenting on how one follower wants to bang another.

Besides, Tyrael’s black and Neyrelle is clearly Asian with no interracial phenotype…

man she is exactly the same Lea from D3 now with the WORST dialogues, the part where you follow her mother’s tracks, already OUTRAGEOUS you have expository views to explain how if the player is not smart enough to understand something by deduction, the game explains EQUAL to a teletub what is happening, first you see then there is a dialogue explaining, then your character repeats what he saw to the girl.
“vision - Lilith broke free and is evil”
“someone explain - look brothers lilith broke free, beware she is evil”
“Neyrelle - what did you see?”
“your character - i saw lilith breaking free, she is evil”
MY GOD what a ridiculous dialogue what a BAD character what a weak story.