I can't get things done. Too much waiting. Too much walking

They never should of made it so you teleport to the dungeons. Another idiotic cave to the masses by blizz futher dumbing down the game into a slot machine. This was the first step to the ruin of WoW.

What do you want? To instantly port to legion events without a loading screen?

Bologna. Running NMs over and over and over to level glyphs and you somehow think it would be elite to have to ride your horse to every single one of them? That would increase the time taken like 50% flat just riding to the dungeons. Whats next? You think they should increase the proc time on the lightning storm affix by 100% too?

again, you just want a slot machine.

And you want to waste time for the sake of wasting time? What is 1 valid reason that riding to a NM is better than fast traveling to one? And it isn’t even a slot machine, there is no good loot in NMs just glyph XP.

Things load extremely fast for me. I did just upgrade my pc to an i9 14900k, 64gig ddr5 ram and a new Asus ROQ mb and since then loading from zone to zone I wait maybe 3 secs or so. I also mount to the events not walk so my mount I get there fast since I don’t use all 3 sprints right off the bat and able to almost always maintain 1 to keep the speed going.

D4 definitely requires a lot more power from your computer than previous Diablo games. I will say though, even before I upgraded the loading screens didn’t seem to take too long for me. Definitely longer was longer than what I have now but still didn’t seem that long before.

As for teleporting, mine pops up right away and back to where it takes me in a couple secs also.

Peeps might think of it as a waste of time, but not insta-teleporting around makes the actual “mmo” aspects have some immersion and opportunities for the social elements arise. Everyone just wants click-dopamine these days. A complete loss of perspective imo.

Focus should of been on fixing that horse and making traversal more entertaining/rearding than just CLICK-DUNGEON … CLICK-VENDOR … CLICK-TIK-TOK …

When you are looping NM dungeons to level glyphs the overworld is beyond pointless. It might as well be empty with the power you have over the mobs. There is additionally no transient content to engage in. You are just imagining an environment where things you want to occur can occur, and unfortunately for you they can’t. This isn’t an MMO. There is no point whatsoever to ride to a dungeon versus fast traveling there. To turn around and to attack the people that think the mechanic of fast traveling to NMs is good by saying they just want a “slot machine” based on some perceived world state that you have made up and that doesn’t currently exist is weird at best. It sounds like you should go play an actual MMO.

2 Likes

this is true, if you made the outside world compelling to play in , people would not want to fast travel over it lol

-I have played games in which load screens, travel, etc was too long for my taste. D4 is not one of them. Load screens are very brief for me, a few seconds of mount galloping doesn’t bother me. Probably because it’s the only time I see my mount and stop for events and such along the way.

-Either my machine is much better than yours or my tolerance isn’t nearly as low as yours or a combination of the two.

-That being said, if they let you port right to bosses, etc because riding your mount for a few seconds is just too much, I guess I wouldn’t care. Fine.

You kids these days want everything handed to you. Back in my day we had to turn a hand crank for 3 hours to get the internet tubes on battlenet warmed up if we wanted to play Diablo II. While we waited we stared at the sun until our eyes were scorched, AND WE LIKED IT!!

2 Likes

Yes. The wait is roughly same or longer (since this is now 2023 vs. 2013 …) as D3.
V long load, transition time, cellar, dungeon, teleport to party members, etc.
A Cruel Joke

I feel so immersed clicking the ground until i am at my destination.
But what can you expect from people who think “should of” is grammatically correct.

Clipping a fence post riding to a dungeon “OMG so freakin immersive!”

That is the problem, with our hardware it should be under 3s of loading. Problem for D4 mindset is time sinking, too many deliberate time sinks that isn’t gameplay oriented. It isn’t the same when a uber boss takes 20 mins to kill oppose to 20s where blacksmith in some towns takes 10s to get to oppose 2s. We don’t want easy cheesy dumb to 0 skill battle contents but please respect our time. Each added second in vendor time is crucial in efficiency, i d rather they allow more efficient gaming rather than dumb down the game by sheding HP of monsters & purposely placing accidentally wrong coded broken op builds in each season so handicapped players doesn’t feel discriminated from normal gamers in the name of casual friendly but actually removed the purpose of skilled gaming.

Technically mine is 3-4 seconds minus the animation time
If your complaing load times are prob 2 min from playing on a potato.

It’s the architecture and deliberate time sink philosophy, not hardware.

I run Samsun 990 Pro M.2 with up to 7000 MB read/write with core i9 24 core cpu and max ram. Sure its not the best PC around but other AAA games loads way smoother than D4.

Mate, you’re arguing with the most moronic white knights on the internet.
Just ignore them.

We don’t like succu’s. It worked. You’re welcome.

New? It’s been like that for a few generations now.