Humble feedback about itemization and pacing

Firstly, well done team! And huge kudos for making Saturday and Sunday a non-painful experience to log in. It got really smooth after the first day. I remember D3’s launch when Battle.net simply returned a .png of the site shattered, with ‘Gratz. You broke it.’ at the top. Let’s be open and honest though: D3 was a huge departure from form, and after playing the D4 beta, I can tell that the teams understood that, and are all-in on fan service.

I don’t want to make this too wordy, but my experience with items was a slow satisfying grind, until I was able to get kitted out with all Rare gear. It was only about 3 hours after that, that I was fully kitted with legendaries, and had an inventory full of legendaries. The only gear that remained worth picking up was Rares, because I could strip the legendary power from my equipped item, and plop it directly on its OP replacement. My proposal is to make Magic items worthy of picking up for upgrading to Legendaries, and force those hard decisions like we used to have in D2 about gear and build. It goes like this:

First, assume all these examples are of the same gear score, and overlook my hypothetical values presented.

Magic items: should get 2-3 affixes, with the greatest range for affix stats.

Rare items: Should get 3-5 affixes, with a slightly lower potential roll for affixes.

Legendaries should get 4-6 affixes, but with the lowest range of values for each affix.

This will force min-maxers to really care about Rares again. Otherwise, why not just drop the crafting materials that we’re going to inevitably salvage them into?

Additionally, I found the incremental rewards to be too quickly-paced. I went from gear scores in the 200’s to gear score in the 400’s in about an hour. In a system where I can re-imbue items with legendary powers at will, I’d like to see those leapfrogs take more time and thoughtful consideration. E.g. If I have a power 100 Legendary, don’t drop a power 200 Rare. Make it 110-120. Make me choose whether to spend my gold to rip/reapply the power, rather than making the decision for me every item that drops.

These are all easily tunable requests, and I appreciate whoever from the team had to read all this. Longtime fan, and I’m hooked on D4. Keep up the good work.