How to get rid of rmt

Hello.

I really whant to play a game where there is no p2w so here is my suggestion.
Just make auction house similar to Diablo 3 but you can only trade items in AH and there is no other way to trade but only AH. You can trade only for gold no real money. There is also one more benefit from that: some people will not be able to receive gold from other players boost their charcters.

1 Like

even in that scenario rmt will exist, even if its just for account licenses being sold, or other kind of services.

you will sadly have to live with rmt in popular games.

Also, your suggestion would heavily influence on how people play in groups or clans of course. Even if there was no trading at all, there would be rmt ^^

while im not a fan of it either, its important to keep in mind that just because someone plays credit card warrior, it doesnt really affect you.

3 Likes

If your looking to eliminate RMT the only way is to remove trade from the game entirely. An AH would have a more negitive impact to those who do not want to play trade sim and would want a chance find their own items.

7 Likes

We just need 2 leagues, that’s all. You like trading - full open trading with AH, you don’t like full restricted trading. It’s really that easy. But I assure you that online in the league with trading will be many times higher than without.

honestly i can never understand why it even bother someone. In a loothunt game, where actually you have one goal - to get a loot for your char.

2 Likes

Removing trading is the only way to completely eliminate it, but they’ll never do it because the small minority that make this game their lives would riot.

2 Likes

yea. if anything you can laugh about these people purchasing GA items to eventually brick them lol.

imagine paying (idk the prices really) 100 bucks for a 3GA item just to have it end up being suboptimal lol.

2 Likes

You are lying. Actual small minority - is anti trading adepts. And this is perfectly visible in other games where there are leagues with and without trade.

Sorry but my english is not fluent i just whant to say that if you can not get gold or items from somone if its not from ah that will make game more fair.

yeah sure if there will be AH and at the same time there wil be restriction on trading gold - it will near completly eliminate RMT. Although, there will be a ways, but most likely nobody will be interested in it.

You can’t. The market for RMT will always be in gaming

Who says if they implement an ah you have to interact with it? If you don’t want to interact with trade or and ah simply don’t use it. You’re still capable of going out and finding your own items. Other games have trade as well as auction houses and you can still play the game and perform just as well not using it as those who do use it. The fact your always mentioning this trade simulator that an ah would create indeed tells me you have no understanding of how games with trading and auction houses work.

Did you not play D3. They would want ppl to engage with it. Drops would be abysmal so if you want to progress/push your playing trade sim.

The fact you dont understand the past tells me you dont understand the correlation and metrics used to force engagement.

1 Like

I agree 100% with the first part but I disagree with the 2nd part even though I think it’s true.

IF Blizzard does not intend to get rid of trading then they might as well give us an auction house. Using third party sites is just annoying. It’s a hassle and half the time they don’t work correctly anyway.

Like I said, I agree with you. Getting rid of trading completely is the only way to remove RMT but if they aren’t going to get rid of trading they could at least make it easier.

Basically, pick a direction and lean into it. I don’t really care which direction they go, just lean into it. Just my opinion.

1 Like

ssf is the most you can get of a “no p2w game”

let those who enjoy trade/group have their mode
and let just get ours

Gold itself needs to be made account bound. You want to trade? Barter. It won’t eliminate the problem entirely, but it will curb it significantly. However, the sad reality is that if you want RMT and/or spam gone from the game, trading has to go. The most they should have done is what Diablo 3 allows, which is if you grouped with the player(s) you could trade within a specific window of time. Past that, the item’s yours and that’s that.

And for pete’s sake, authenticators need to be required to use trade chat or initiate a trade period. Legitimate phone numbers being banned will drastically reduce RMTers’ ability to function in that environment.

Either way, Blizzard needs to do something sooner rather than later, and not at the end of the season. Trade chat is unusable already. Every time I log in I see spam before I’ve even been able to move ten yards.

2 Likes

Wont get rid of RMT. Just have to deal with it. Even in games that have no trading like destiny 2. RMT are rampant. People just pay them to run their trials for them. Making trials for anyone else a pain because they going up against teams that literally do it for a living.

The only way to get rid of RMT is:

• allow no trading
  • allow only trading with party members in the group when an item drops e.g. D3 (this still allows RMT for bot carries however).
  • only allow blind and anonymous open bidding, can’t see who you are buying from or how many items exist or how many bids exist. This prevents two people from directly trading while allowing trades on the whole. A bidder can’t direct money or items to any specific individual.
1 Like

once a item is bought it is bound to the account

Player pays Gold Seller for 1 billion gold.
Player then adds useless Rare item to the AH for 1 billion gold. Nobody buys it, since it is useless. Gold Seller shows up, knowing exactly which Rare item to look for, buys the item for 1 billion gold.
Transaction ended.

Yep.

Also this. ONLY somewhat reasonable option is what Last Epoch did, with 2 factions you could join, for trading and self-found, each with their own perks.
Does not stop RMT in any way, but at least it counters some of the other issues with trading.

I will admit, that is funny.

Indeed. That is one of the stronger ways to do it.
RMT would still exist (trade useless item for BiS item, while paying real money outside the AH as well).

:100:

What are you paying to win at in Diablo 4?