How to easily give Necromancer a movement skill

IMO, it’s fair. You cant be FOTM forever. Garbage build cant be garbage forever. You are just selfish thinking of yourself. You failed to realize that there are other players who bought the game like you playing other builds.

Maybe you are thinking of equality… perfect balancing. There is no such thing. If you want a perfect balance, everyone should just play 1 Class and 1 build… delete the rest of the classes and builds. There… perfect balance. But that would be a boring game.

You forgot that they were mediocre until it was boosted on the last patch improving them on their weakness which was on Single Target DPS.

You forgot to mention that Surge is now that powerful even if with no Shrine buff. That made it better than Bone Spear. Bone Spear and other builds can access the same Shrines. The advantage of Surge now is when there is no Shrine.

You are just focused on the current moment. You are not happy with the results causing you to be salty. Just relax, we will have our turn when Necro becomes FoTM. At least we all know that Barbs are out of the picture next Season. I understand noobs narrow minded way of thinking causing them to be gloomy.

Maybe you Just dont get IT…l2p…

We actually don’t know this to be true at all. The reason surge is so good in gauntlet is because it hits the entire room with no need to aim your shots. It’s the best skill for speed farming bar none for a necro. And this was true before the buffs to surge. The gauntlet is not nearly as dependent on single target DPS for max score as it is for speed. That is why surge is outperforming bone spear. But if the gauntlet were tier 100 level monsters, I wouldn’t be surprised for a second if bone spear was still on top as it would definitely still clear the bosses faster. Surge just happens to be great for tier 70 bosses because it only takes 2 overpowers to kill them. Which you can time it to get 2 back to back if you’re a good player. Once you need a 3rd or 4th OP consistently, then surges boss killing slows way day and bone spear speeds back up.

So you making the claim that surge is the better overall build now just because its the better build for the gauntlet is at best probable and nowhere close to certain. It’s the best leveling build hands down. It seems to be the best gauntlet build but there is still plenty of time for build tweaking to see if it can be beat. I haven’t seen any evidence to suggest it’s a better build for end game NMDs or bosses.

Remember that for AoZ last season, a corpse explosion/infinimist hybrid build ended up being the best build FOR AOZ… But it was still widely accepted that bone storm was the best overall build. In the same way, Surge is the best build FOR THE GAUNTLET. And if given a poll, I wouldn’t be surprised is bone spear was still considered the best overall build. Having said that… I liked surge before the buffs. And I like it better now. So if I had to vote, I’d pick surge. But my vote doesn’t count as I’ve not done a bone spear build as of yet.

Surge is awesome on AoE regardless if it’s just NM70 Gauntlet difficulty or NM100. It’s weakness is its Single Target DPS. The Boost on last patch made them faster to kill Single Target Bosses especially on the Gauntlet. At NM100, there you would see more clearly that Surge is not really good on Single Targets.

Gauntlet would stay with us on all incoming expansions. With that, Surge would have a home unless they get a nerf.

On AoZ, its last Boss is 3 Bosses. Surge would be fast if it kills all of them through AoE especially now. It’s just a question of if it can survive it. If Surge cant survive 3 Bosses nuking him simultaneously, he has to kill them one by one. Bone Spear would be faster if that would be the strategy.

Perhaps I should clarify… I’m claiming the design goal is the deliberate insertion of massive power gaps and a periodic reshuffling of them. Yes, I consider such an approach lazy. The unprofessional label applies because it’s lazy.

Perfect balance may not be feasible but getting the various concepts in the same ballpark should be. This game hasn’t managed to get anywhere close to it at any point during it’s life-time. The rational explanation is it isn’t trying. Alternatively, those overseeing balance aren’t up to the task. Pick your poison.

How about we try it this way? Why shouldn’t Necromancer have some type of movement ability similar to other classes? Why shouldn’t it have a additional skill-based means to obtain unstoppable? Why should it have fewer skills available to explore? How would the game be worse if any of these areas were adjusted or improved?

I’d clarify some things but don’t feel like it for the following reasons.

1. I’m reluctant to explain anything to individuals routinely throwing around petty insults like noob.
  2. It would sail over your head anyway.
  3. It will incite more dead-weight wild tangents derailing the topic.

#2 and #3 are all but certain given this reply. Perhaps #1 will find it’s way in there for the trifecta.

1 Like

I cant answer that becoz i am not the one who designed it. That’s a question you should throw to AJ.

I have my answer on my own…but just a speculation. And you may not like it.

Necromancers to me dont have the best movement speed becoz we have something else. We have Blood Mist which can be abused… like the freaking Infinimist. On Season 0 and Season 1, Summoners seems has the most Uber Lilith kills becoz we abuse our Blood Mists. But how come other Classes are not whining why Necro has Blood Mist and other Classes dont have it. It’s becoz to their thinking, they have something that Necros dont have.

We have Bonestorms all over the place when farming Malphas mats. In addition, we have auto detonating corpses. Other classes can just sit and watch. Why are Necros the only ones with Lidless Wall, and Corpses exploding from Sacrilegious ring? Why other classes dont have equivalent?

Other Classes dont need to have what Necros have becoz they have something that Necros dont have.

Would Barb and Sorc whine that they dont have Pets? For now, they dont. We will see this on their forums when Pets becomes Flavor of the month on one season. Hope it happens though.

Btw, we saw what it would like if Barbs have pet… like the Seneschal pet. It solo killed Uber Lilith. Good thing, they dont have a real pet like with the Summoners.

It’s good to know that I could inflict fear to those who would insult me. So keep it that way. BTW, I was just defending against that someone who told me to Learn2play becoz I cant agree with his gloomy way of thinking.

What you fail to grasp is Necro would retain it’s unique flavor with mobility and unstoppable skill options. Both are arguably staples for playing the game properly. Yet, the class lacks both. It’s forced to rely upon passive movement speed for the former and a single immunity for the latter. No, aspects filling in the gaps is not sufficient. Especially when all of them are generic aspects.

Even if this were not the case the skill tree lacks options in general. Hell, two of the major skill nodes only offer two primary skill choices. It’s extremely limiting to have so few options to explore.

As for your Lilith commentary… I’d rather not discuss it. I’m not entirely sure what it has to do with the thread topic. In case you were wondering, that’s #3 mentioned earlier.

If you say so.

IT IS very honorable that you try to have a discussion with this Guy…but ITS pointless, He lives in His own world…Side note- surge also has the best shrine synergy, after the Second Boss Player damage doesnt Matter AS all WE do IS keeping artillery shrine Up. But how should He know,He probarbly hasnt even cracked top 1000…

That’s the excuse when Bone Spear got outdps’d/outclass’d. DOnt worry, it’s just a start. More Necro builds would humiliate your fav Bone Spear in the future. And that’s a good thing becoz flavor of the month is switching. We all know Barbs are out next Season and that’s a good thing. Becoz again, flavor is switching. It is changing. And I dont need to whine… I just relax and wait it to automatically happen. Becoz I know how Blizz manipulate them. They had 20 years experience to keep WoW running. They give chances to poor Class/Build performers. I saw the Garbage became Meta and Meta became trash.

WHen Necro becomes Meta, you will all forget all its imperfections. You will forget that you once said that its skilltree is bad.

L2p mrnooboftheyear…bone Spear IS still top Dog DPS wise…Just Not in the gauntlet where IT doesnt Matter…btw where IS your Name on the Leaderboards?

Yup, Gauntlets would be every Season from now on. Not being seen on it every season doesnt matter. ROFL.

I dont need to be on top 1000 to bring up my point. There are tons of crazy no-lifers there on Leaderboard proving my point. I am Casual but I am not noob. I stopped being stupid to waste my time on too much grinding. That’s not me anymore. Go on… brag your Leaderboard score which is far from top 100 … also brag how much hours you wasted to get to that small achievement.

1 Like

The Gauntlet is just really bad content, so getting more move speed for that I don’t care about.

However with that said, we need another way to get unstoppable and some kind of move speed, so having metamorphoses built in would be really nice.

Personally as a pure summoner there are to many mandatory aspects, so having a move speed aspect would limit me to 2 aspects per season to switch up… and you can barely build around that.

We have 10 aspect slots as a necromancer, and we have far too many mandatory aspects for pure summoner with AotD. They are:

• -1 aspect because of 2hander which is mandatory for pure summoner
  • 2+ warriors
  • 2+ mage
  • frenzied
  • reanimation
  • unyielding
  • jugg

So that leaves 3 aspects, or 2 aspects if you use metamorphosis.

If you were to play with a unique such as mendeln, thats -1 again, and if you require more toughness which is quite likely you will probably have to use hardened bone.

This would then lead you with no aspects to make your build actually work in any kind of unique way if you took metamorphosis again.

Therefore I really think we need a talent tree change to give us another unstoppable or cc break and a dash/teleport type skill like metamorphosis. basically something that doesnt clog up our aspect or our skill bar as both are far to full.

Anyways just my opinion.

Yeah I felt bad about grinding since last December and I didn’t want to play that way anymore. Season 3 hit, I wanted to do a Starfall Coronet build. It turned out that Beast in the Ice would not drop the item so what happened next was a struggle to grind the item. The grind is finally over thank goodness!

I learned a lot since then. Optimizing the build without the unique. Play something with the items that did drop and do builds from those (since every item BUT helm dropped from Beast, and nearly all items from the other bosses without even fighting them). Then optimizing the build with the unique. Doing highest tiers with it.

Playing for the Gauntlet is a different thing. By focusing on this one build and one item, I was not ready to compete. I could have been if I focused on items that already dropped. And even further back before season start when they revealed the feature itself.

I realized all the work that you is before season start and all you’re doing during season is playing it to plan. Going forward, I want to be more time efficient so that I’m not endlessly grinding. Grab what I want to grab and then put the game down so I can play others that are also deserving of my time. I don’t spend a lot of time playing games in the first place. Used to when I was younger.

I waited for the leaderboard scores to go normal and look at the in-game profiles of ranked 1 and ranked 1000. There, Uber Uniques. There is no chance for a casual like me to be there. Being top 1000 means to be fully decked… and that would not be me. I stopped my no life grinding many years ago.

I am not impressed with the Leaderboard. But i would be impressed those with no Uber Uniques placing on Leaderboard.

But i did enjoy playing the Gauntlet. How? I just get a score. Then i beat that score over and over with my differing builds. My competition is myself… although my RL buddy keeps on asking my score. I beat his Bone Spear Score with my Blood Lance score with just with my limited playtime.

1 Like

Maybe if you get lucky on a drop lol

Getting decked out without uber uniques is surprisingly not that hard. Maybe uber uniques should be banned since seasons are time limited and people who get lucky essentially get to place & people who don’t can’t.

I like it but not for practical reasons. My main interest in it is as a metric. To see what builds are doing well and how they compare to other builds in the same class and other classes’ builds.

you can add movement speed in the boots, boots passive evade effect, necklace and Death´s Approach skill passive. Its fast enough to do any content.

Actually top 100 Last week, 6 on Xbox…this week 23, 3 on Xbox…wrong again

the blood teleport from PoE would be cool (Body swap?)