How rare are multi greater affix items?

I’m lvl 100, doing bunch of 86ish lvl NM for glyphs, doing pits up to lvl 60 and I just saw not more than like two or 3 items with more than one greater affix?

How rare are these actually? Am I just out of favor by RNG god? :smiley:

My rough guess is 3GA is about 1/1250

Assuming the probability of each GA is equal, they will be quite rare indeed.

To me it feels like about 5% of the items have 1 GA? That’s 1/20

So 2 would be 0.05*0.05=0.0025 so 1/400

3 would be 1/8000.

My numbers could be off but it’s a massive exponential increase. I’ve personally found 1 with 3 and 2 with 2 so far.

I’d guess a single GA aspect is 1/25 based on my loot experience.

I’d hazard a guess that 2 GA is 1/25^2 or 1/625 and so on.

They are rare, and if you are unlucky you’ll fail the temper and they’ll just end up in salvage.
I salvage my first 3 greater affix item yesterday for that reason.

i’ve found a decent # of 2ga but the devs have made sure it’s usually 1-2 affixes you don’t want

I had few 3ga items drop with such useful affixes as hp regen per sec, and hp on hit, and shadow resistance

I don’t know if any build in the game needs any of these 3 affixes, the item is uber trash, but I still keep it as it is one of the 3 3GA items that ever dropped for me.

So far got only 1 boots with 3GA, 4 ammulets with 2 GA, 3 swords with 2GA, and 3-4 Chest Armors with 2 GA. The rest is all with 1 GA, rings are by far the most difficult to find even with 1 GA and I am yet to see one with 2 GA. Also, I have found 3 crossbows with 2GA and I have never seen a bow with 2 GA yet.

I’ve gotten quite a few (entire chest+) for G 1/3s… then a few dozen or so of 2/3s… but so far only three 3/3s and I’ve been collecting quite a lot of legendaries. I will say 3/3s are infinitely more common then uber uniques in my opinion. haven’t seen one of those since the game launched.

Kind of Item        |          Frequency           |    
  3 GA, 1 good 2 bad     |           1/~50hs            |
  3 GA, 2 good 1 bad     |           1/~70hs            |
  3 GA, 3 good (GOD)     |           1/ ? hs            |

The problem is get 3GAs on affixes that really matters, +Maximum Life, Life on Hit, Resists, Resource Cost Reduction are favoured under the hood (so, it’s not really RNG), the odds are all against us.

Table based on my own experience, no GOD item yet…

1 Like

I noticed that in D3 and D4, for each high stat, the other stats will have a higher chance to roll lower, and if you have multiple high stats, esp perfect stats, the remaining one will have a near 0 chance to be high as well (prob uber uniq type lvl chance). The tempering system makes it so that when you get these uberish items, they will most likely be ruined. Enjoy!

I would not say, you can trash item with 3 GA having one bad temper. Yes, you won’t have one affix, but still, it’s a one with 3GAs. I kind of don’t mind tempering TBH, maybe not taking it too seriously and understating the risk involved :slight_smile:

I have my gear on the cusp of all masterwork 8 and I’m running Pit 64 pretty comfortably. But I have still never seen a 3GA. Quite a few 2GAs though.

My first 3/3 was the Butcher’s Cleaver. it’s beautiful, to bad no one uses it… haha.

1 Like

I got my first ever 3 GA item yesterday and I’ve been playing way too much so far this season. 2GA items seem to be maybe 1/200 or there abouts. That doesn’t factor in the odds of it actually being a good 2GA item.

Thinking that making them a lil bit less rare would maybe again bring some happiness from when the loot drops …

But find me a GOD level item that has survived tempering and I will buy that person a lotto ticket. :rofl:

1 Like

I haven’t had the good luck of having a 3-fer drop for me but I do have a very nice selection of 2-fers and onesies :grinning:

With just a week in, I’ve been very picky about what I keep but my collection is coming along quite nicely! :slightly_smiling_face:

YAY! I finally got a 3GA ring! The Attack Speed and Lucky Hit sure are nice but the Energy per Kill is a bit hmmmm… :smiley:

I think you have to look at it like a pokemon background mechanic.
When you kill something, and it drops a lego, there’s a dice roll for the affixes. Then there’s another dice roll to see if it’s greater at all. If yes, then one more to see which(1 or more) are greater.

You are looking at jacked shiny odds. I had one piece of gear so far with 3 graters on it. And it was trash. I was very sad.
But the greater crit+ / crit dmg+ I got like 30 minutes later made me feel a bit better.

The FO sorceress rely heavily on proc of double frozen orb. The fact that you miss that tempering on weapon or off hand is an item breaker even with 3GA. A one good GA item with good tempering of double FO proc chance will be far better.

Your statment might be true for armor piece like leg, chest, boot, head.