How do I get rid of gem fragments?

I’ve reached a point where I can no longer pickup gem fragments, so while doing boss rotations they’re just sitting on the ground all the time. This is very annoying.

I can craft grand gems to try and get rid of them, but that costs 10 million gold per craft and I’m full of fragments again 2 hours later. How do I destroy these things?

9 Likes

I didn’t find a solution yet. Blizzard probably didn’t think about that. That someone would actually play the game more than 2 days to get to the gem caps.

Its hilarious af. And is… once again another reason why people keep sayin that nobody at blizzard actually plays the game outside of maybe a dungeon or so.

9 Likes

Make gems and sell them.

3 Likes

i wish there is more way to use them. they r more rare when you are still leveling, not so much mid game on.

The fact that the realm walker (and opals) released as-is, tells us they don’t even do a dungeon or so.

9 Likes

I also hit the 999K cap yesterday and it clogs the screen on boss fights, it gets really annoying when you’re in rotations. Sure, I can craft them and make the problem go away but 10M x all types of gems is throwing hard earned gold out the window for gems i will never use. The cap should be increased or just make it stop dropping if you’re capped.

1 Like

Quick easy fix: make grand gems vendor for $10m

4 Likes

I didn’t realize they had 10m vendor value, that’s good to know! They don’t sell to other people well at all since we’re all swimming in gem fragments.

They don’t. He is suggesting Blizz make that change as I did in another thread

2 Likes

Ah I misread. Back to being sad =(

1 Like

The Alchemist has a trade option where you exchange 200 of three different fragments for 300 of another. You can do this repeatedly and “crunch” your gems until Blizzard actually fixes this issue. Kinda surprising it, along with myriad other things, made it through QA.

3 Likes

You can craft incense. The only problem is it doesnt use that many gems. But, it does use them.

1 Like

Do this, Blizzard. In fact, make them sell for 15m. Make it worth the effort.

If you are willing to destroy them then just dont pick them up?

I agree 100%. I just leave them on ground. It’s kind of annoying it gets in the way of my drops constantly.

Yah make 5 or 10 of each grand gem and start selling them on the cheapies like everyone else.

You realize that’s the problem right. You can’t pick them up and then in places like maiden fight where there are tons of drops they clog the screen so you can’t pick up the things you do want.

1 Like

The only solution is to eat up bank space by crafting 99, selling the crafted gems (for pennies), or ignoring them.

If you’re doing boss rotations or blood maiden they just clog up the entire screen and make it so you can’t pick up other loot.

Plus your pet picks them up for you automatically if you’re not capped.