How do I get rid of gem fragments?

Monitor trade for people looking for specifics. Last season Rubies were the most sought after but since they dont do health anymore, its not worth it. Make the gems and stash them. Wait for the next rework when they will cost alot more to make.

Amethysts are the goto sellers right now because everyone wants barrier generation on SB builds. 2nd best has to be emeralds for DEX.

Just checked, Grand Emeralds and Grand Amethysts are selling for 15 million each. Barely worth the effort. Farming 30 Forgotten Souls for each is a royal pain. That’s something like 10 IH runs worth of souls for 5 million gold profit.

Yah its dropping fast. Could craft the other ones that dont require souls.

I wish we could convert them into obducite at rate of 5 fragments per obducite.

There was a hotfix and FS is no longer an issue. I have 12k in season.

Good to know… once I can play my level 60 toons again I’ll start farming Souls. But the game is so unstable after the 2.0.2e/f patch I can’t risk playing them in HC. I’ve been leveling alts to 60 then parking them in Kyovashad for later. This season… what a hot mess…

They should replace runes with gems to craft Ubers. Like 10 grand gems plus 2 sparks.

I just make gems and stash them. Sucks and is expensive

Hopefully we have a fix coming in today’s patch. This is really a glaring oversight on Blizz’s part

I have posted a free workaround, just scroll up and you will find it.

1 Like

Thanks i will try this out

Some gem fragments are used in potions too, iirc, or was it incense?

Anyway, i have just stopped picking them up. I agree we should not have this problem one week into the season. That is just nuts.

My concern is the tendency of Blizzard to overcompensate and nerf gem fragment drops to much that we are always running out. So yes, I rather have way too many that too few, so I will not complain too loudly.

So the patch is out and you did nothing about this? Come on Blizz just how “bush” are you people? This makes you look like rank amateurs

I strongly think they didn’t think anyone except streamers will play for more than 1-2 days, that’s why the content is made for 1-2 days and the price tag is 40$…

They should implement a transmuation of gem fragments to iron/lost souls or something so that we can at least do something with them

1 Like

Maybe I’m defective, but the combination of recipes doesn’t seem to get all my gem fragments down to a manageable level. At the end of all the combines I still have 1 gem fragment that’s at 700-800k and it’s capped again in an hour. At that point I don’t have enough fragments of the other types to do this again.

Blizzard needs to hotfix this nonsense IMO. It’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more here

There is probably a more optimal algorithm that can dump the fragments evenly but I’m too lazy to figure it out.

What I do is craft each recipe (x999) once from top to bottom in order, repeat the process until done, and my gem fragments look like this.
https://i.imgur.com/f6ZJwb8.jpeg

1 Like

I got a solution. Exchange gem fragments for rawhide or something else :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

imagine if we could turn literally any material into rawhide lol pretty sure it used to be a feature but they got rid of it? or im just hygh