Having to fight a boss without dying is not fun

Cause why do that when you can just get a friend to resurrect you and bypass one of the stupidest design decisions they ever came up with. While still getting all the benefits and perks of being on the highest possible WT. Literally all they did is punish solo players.

1 Like

How are solo players being punished?

This seriously sounds like a “git gud” issue.

2 Likes

laughs in hardcore

3 Likes

Honestly, one of the reasons I don’t like HC is because RNG can get you killed and not even from something with the game but literally just lag.

I would pay good money to see some of these people complaining play something like Elden Ring or one of the other dark souls games.

:popcorn:

I played both of those. Started with Demon Souls.

Hard time believing that in anyway when you are struggling with an easy Diablo boss.

Because you aren’t understanding my arguement has nothing to do with the difficulty of the boss.

i played druid during the beta and slam. i cleared all content on wt2. It wasn’t too hard but it was so slow. Especially extra health mobs. isn’t worth it unless you really want more challenge. I’m just doing wt1 and i would recommend that to most people

I’m sure.

“The boss shouldn’t reset after I die!” but it happens in the souls games… sounds a lot like a skill issue and complaining about difficulty.

I cannot stand how slow leveling is on wt1… get no xp. I really like that 20% buff.

by the sound of it you are losing more then that from slow pace and dying. it isn’t likely worth it even if you don’t die. you are losing more xp.

i have tried both. the xp really is minimal

In souls games you can completely avoid all damage, you have more mechanical control over your character and the game is set up to have minimum RNG mechanics.

That’s because you don’t understand what I am arguing against. Level up is easy, getting gear is easy, doing pretty much everything in this game is easy if you are overgeared and over leveled.

some people do playthrough with only white or blue items just for challenge purpose : be it in D1 , D2 ,D3 and probably D4.

also this boss isn’t that hard in my opinion , if you treat it as a binding of isaac type boss : avoiding while hitting (if you are melee atleast , if you are ranged that solve the problem directly)
kill the monsters that help propagate the things that damage you.

It’s not RNG based just build accordingly if you cannot do it with your current build.

also : a bit of difficulty is good.
without that it wouldn’t be any fun in my opinion.

2 Likes

Neyrelles attacks and where the succubus move to are RNG based. Also, where and how those spinning things spawn is RNG based.

As a flurry rogue, I really enjoyed this fight. Died once but was more cautious the next round and what was really hitting me. Took a bit, trying to zip everywhere and stay out of range of those spinning stick things. Excited to see what the other bosses have.

I i did neyrelle on a druid in blues on wt2. melee. it is doable. avoid the sides of the arena or it will kill you. move and try to engage 1 by itself. if you can survive to the next phase you can use a potion and try to burst it down. clearing the spawns quickly helps greatly. use your defensive if you don’t

Idk man that’s kinda the point of these type of games. Kill the boss and don’t die. If it doesn’t work, work on your character/strategy. Imagine playing hardcore :wink:

it’s I.A based : RNG is something different.
they’ll move according to where you are when they prepare the attack , based on your hitpoint maybe etc…
of course they are going to change strategy…like any monsters in a game.

also , just move accordingly that’s the point of a game : move and attack according to an enemy’s movements
you even have a dodge movement…

i think it would be funny for you to try a game like binding of isaac :stuck_out_tongue: