Having to fight a boss without dying is not fun

Having to try to beat a boss without dying or they get full hp is not fun.

Sitting here trying to beat Neyrelles Mother and literally get her down to 2% hp, die, and she is at full Hp and I got to do the entire tedious fight over again.

It’s not fun. Who thought this was fun?

I had to wait for the last dumb succubus to get out of the outer damage zone so I could hit her but Neyrelle stunned her inside of it then her mother decided to spawn adds and I got no pots left. I just needed a couple more hits and would have beat her…

Neyrelle is a terrible NPC.

8 Likes

Well… don’t die? Play more defensive? I do agree about Neyrelle though, don’t care for the character.

12 Likes

Are you joking? Can’t play more defensively that sitting on the left side of the map and only poking them down for damage and trying to avoid all the crap that gets thrown at you. Not to mention the hitboxes of those spinning ball things are absolutely busted.

Well gotta get better at the game then… Neyrelle’s mother was pretty easy.

26 Likes

Check your build.

When I went in the first time during the beta, I was having similar issues. I reworked my build and had a much much easier time.

What class/level are you?

2 Likes

Barb/21 and the build is fine

The build isn’t fine if you’re dying lol

20 Likes

Not to be that person but…

Skill Issue. The fight is a joke.

8 Likes

Are you playing on the low difficulty?

I’ve been known to lower the difficulty during boss fights and then switch it back.

Did her no problem in Server Slam and today with WW Barb at around level 15.

I’m going to assume you’re on Tier I difficulty?

There’s a bit of a trap in doing things at higher levels I think because as you level up you get weaker and weaker UNLESS you get better and better gear too. So In the 15-20 range it’s easy to fall behind in gear and suddenly find you have a really hard time on bosses etc.

Otherwise I don’t know what else to suggest. The fight has been straightforward and relatively easy with Brb the 2 or 3 times I’ve done it (and I suck, so you should be able to do it too!)

1 Like

No, just left, got 3 more levels and beat it in less than 3 minutes.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you have done this but make sure to get your weapon mastery quest done. Explore the world and get some of the alters they help give stats. Barb early levels suck.

1 Like

Did that at 15.

The problem was like I said. There are just too many issues where when you try to do it undergeared at the maximum level 21. Then its a challenge but also annoying because the attacks are bugged and Neyrelle can stun them out on the sides. There were too many RNG elements and it was frustrating to die when I have her down to 2% hp and have to fight from 100% hp.

I wouldn’t have mind if I could have just started the fight from phase 3 of the fight (33% hp) but instead have to start back from the beginning.

So I left, got +3 levels and some more gear and they couldn’t do anything.

The problem has nothing to do with skill. I hate gear checks and even worse is when you get so close to beating it while under geared and get robbed because of RNG, stupid mechanics, and overly large hitboxes.

So … what you’re saying is you lacked the skill to take out a boss while undergeared?

I did the druid spirit boon quest at 19 … that sucked, and I died at least 5 times.

3 Likes

That’s like telling a poker player he didn’t have enough skill to beat a Royale Flush with a pair of two’s after the other guy goes all in.

Your analogy is bad.

Really, really bad.

5 Likes

No, because it’s RNG. You don’t get to decide what the cards will be. You don’t get to decide the out come of the game. RNG is RNG.

Wait to get to a boss that takes 20 minutes to kill because only trash dropped so far. I thought if I’d die, i’ll rage quit.

Play on an easier difficulty or get better?

Didnt have a problem at all first time.