Having to fight a boss without dying is not fun

Honestly being able to die over and over to get through content would be dumb. Some “difficult” aspects of this game should certainly exist. I’m cool with dying and having to start over on a boss, or dying and having the butcher despawn

Do you know how many variables there are in this game? You realize that fight is scaled by level… maximum is 21. Do you know that even though you may be high level doesn’t mean your getting good rng so items might not drop favorably for you. Did you ever think that maybe you just got lucky or did it at a lower level and had appropriate gear for that level?

I played every class and beat every quest in act 1. That’s the first time I tried it at level 21 after just clearing dungeons up to that point.

The fight was generally easy except the forced hits due to the way the hitboxes and RNG can come out. So that means that I could have did that fight 100 times and not a single one would have been exactly the same.

The problem was that I had the boss to 2% HP and then by bad luck and bad design I am unable to finish the fight and then have to start it over. It’s frustrating.

It’s not a hard fight when you have the capability of just cakewalking it. I literally afk’d that fight with my necro in the beta.

I literally ate Vulnerability the entire fight. Popped Iron Skin, nuked stuff down. Used a few potions. The fight is easy but I can see them either removing Vulnerability status from applying to players or having a period of immunity. Vulnerability gets applied by far too many sources.

Dying is a part of the game. The penalty use to be some gold and xp and having to find a way back from town.

Now the penalty is having to do the entire fight over from the beginning. It’s not fun to have an opponent down to 1hp, get killed by RNG, and then have to do the entire fight over again especially when the fight was already long and tedious.

First, I wouldn’t care as much if the fight was entertaining (it wasn’t.) Second, I wouldn’t care as much if the fight didn’t take longer that 10 minutes.

The problem is dying to RNG when you are trying to do something difficult and no amount of skill would have kept you from dying. Now you are forced to grind to the same exact point, with no rewards for doing it, and still probably die again to rng, and then say you do that for 4 hours… Then you finally get the kill… and NOTHING DROPS. That is not fun at all.

It’s not this particular fight… (This fight just have a large number of the trash mechanics.) it’s the game mechanics that I don’t like. It’s how bosses are set up this way and future fights are going to be even worse.

1 Like

Well I’d like to point out that in Diablo 2 which is supposedly more hardcore… if you die, you simply run back to the boss pick up your corpse and continue the fight. The health staying the same.

I don’t like it either, especially since they limit how many times you can heal in a fight. This isn’t darksouls. Click to move and click to attack with dark souls mechanics is the opposite of fun. At least give us a stamina bar instead of cooldowns for dodging, or WSAD.

If they didn’t heal then where would the challenge outside of hc be. You can try the boss as many times as you want. Eventually you will figure it out. You will improve as a result. From what i hear they played it pretty safe on boss design. None of them are very complicated.

If it’s not fun for you find another game dude… I’m not gonna go back and forth with people who want some carebear easy version of bosses to beat up on… they should fully regen if you die… I love that they added the fact that you gotta start again.

6 Likes

Like I said, it wouldn’t even be a problem if there weren’t so many RNG mechanics.

There has been zero instances of unavoidable damage that I’ve experienced so far… RNG means nothing.

1 Like

If you’re dying for this easy fight I have bad news for you.
Are you playing on keyboard/mouse? If so then learn how to stutter step (google it).
Use movement skills, plan ahead.

1 Like

Literally the spinning ball things have hitboxes that don’t align with their visuals and when they align perfectly it creates a situation where the damage is unavoidable.

What are you getting hit by? The adds? The spinning circles? Are you even able to kill the adds? Having a skill issue is one thing. Being undergear is another. Doing both at the same time and complaining the game isn’t letting you win is just dumb.

It’s not a skill issue, it’s a design issue. Trust me, I have done this fight many times and I know how to beat it easily. I can do it afk.

it would be nice to know what difficulty. all the classes are doable on wt2 but on my druid and barb i would on occasion end up dieing when playing on wt2 in the beta and server slam.

though it seems you’re doing easy fights and still dying. if not on wt1 then change it.

Facts.

Instead of practicing or trying to figure out the pattern, what do people do? Cry and complain, but somehow, “it’s NOT a skill issue.” :rofl:

4 Likes

I wasn’t complaining about being undergeared. It was the spinning ball things that were dealing the most damage to me because it was unavoidable but the problem was when I went to go finish the fight I couldn’t because neyrelle stunned the succubus in a spot I couldn’t fight her in so I had to wait. I was already out of pots and then they made me fight the adds again.

So I was about to finish the fight when RNG literally screwed me over. It frustrated me because it happened twice, the same thing, and I just left got more gear and beat it the easy way.

I’m glad you need to actually do things for the fights in this game. It was a good feeling when I finally got the frostcaster boss for the all-class barrier aspect down. I had just hit level 20 on my necro and hadn’t even been to the aspect guy yet.

2 Likes

I mean I never really played Diablo “for the challenge”. I play it to start as a crappy little adventurer that can’t do anything useful. Grow into a powerhouse that can teleport across the map in seconds and obliterate everything in my path with my chosen synergy of abilities.

HC mode is there for those that want challenge. It’s a nice system for people to opt in but forcing this crap on the rest of us isn’t the way to go. Especially since all you have to do to circumvent this system is just play with a friend. Then if you die they click on you and resurrect you at zero cost. And if they die, you can do the same. And keep the chain going forever and brute force any boss.

So essentially all they’ve done is just made it hell for people who want to just play solo or are unable to match 100% of their playtime up to the schedules of their friends.

2 Likes

If that’s actually the case and not just you trying to save face than turn down the difficulty.

2 Likes

True, not to mention most of the things in the game can be beat with simply being overgeared or over leveled. So how is that a challenge? Everything is easy to do in this game if you make it easy. I just don’t want it to be frustrating.