GPU crash when in the Iron wolf encampment helltide zone version

Teleported to the Iron wold encampment helltide zone in the nightmare world. During a helltide and my gpu crashed screen black gpu fans full on and only way to reset the computer is to turn it off. Tried to log back into the game and crashed again after 5-10 seconds in the Iron wolf encampment. Stopped crashing after changing worlds to world 2 in main menu then I could teleport out of the Iron wold encampment.
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x Six-core
Gpu: Radeon RX 580

I’m having pretty much the same problem, however in my case, it crashes everywhere in helltide. It is absolutely random but it is always in helltide.

Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s)
GPU: Radeon RX 580
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition v23.5.2

Having the same issue as well only in helltide areas.
I will be turning graphic settings to low when i go into those areas to see if that may help.

Looks like it could be with Rx580’S

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x Six-core

Same issue here, only crashing in helltide zones, black screen and fans to full.

Processor: i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 6 Core(s)
Memory: 16GB
AMD Driver: v23.5.2

Same issue here, exactly as described, crashes in helltides with Radeon RX 580

Exact same issue, consistently black screened some seconds after joinning helltide area. Only way to go back is forcing pc power off and re-logging. RX 580.

Found out that its crashing when i open my map in these areas. Same outcome in Fields of hatred(PVP zone)

If i dont open my map, it wont crash.

Anyone else notice this?

1 Like

Map interaction does not seem to be related

It might actually be related, i did 2x 1hour sessions without using map and not a single crash. The moment i start using the map i got the black screen crash, now that i’m taking attention it happens exactly right after clicking the TAB, but it’s sporadic (not on every click of the TAB)

1 Like

RX580 here and I’ve tested all varieties of graphic settings. I didn’t notice anything with the map as others have but both my wife and myself hard crash in Helltides. We noticed it’s often when we party or have party notifications pop up. Not sure if it’s related but I’m adding my name to the list.

Also getting the issue, Helltide only. Rest of the game runs flawlessly. RX580 card here as well. Super frustrating.

RX 580, same issue. Game hard crashes upon opening the map in a Helltide zone. If I don’t open the map it doesn’t crash.

Are you playing solo or with a group?

Just had this happen to me too, was doing a helltide by ironwolf encampment, was about 60 shards deep, boom black screen fans ramped to 100%. Had to hard reset the PC.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 3600
GPU - AMD RX 580

Same issue here with RX 580.
Increasing default GPU fan curve for medium & high temps in AMD Adrenaline software (+ Switching to windowed mode?) when in helltide seems to fix it.

How did you do that exactly?

I have this issue as well. Being in the Iron Wolf camp I experience a lot of instability (freezes, stutter, crashes), and in Helltides in general. I’m using a GTX 1060.