Give eternal players last seasonal content

Give s2 content to eternal when s3 start and give eternal players s3 content when s4 start.

In this way, you give new content to eternal players and won’t worry eternal grow too complex

15 Likes

Actually is good idea, I support that. But Blizzard will have to make sure all season content is equal quality, like if Eternal realm get back the same S2 Vampiric power while the S3 Seasonal Realm get the PET. I think the Seasonal realm will become a ghost town :joy:

6 Likes

S3 is ghost town anyway

6 Likes

No. Eternal no need this seasonal powercreep.

4 Likes

Hard agree.
Eternal players (if there are any) should have a chance to experience what seasons felt like. I see no disadvantage to letting them play previous seasons.

2 Likes

Eternal only player here. If they balanced the seasonal stuff, then it wouldnt be detrimental to add but im good without all the flashy power creep tbh. We will get enough power creep over the games lifecycle as it is.

The seasonal design has no synergy with base game/other seasons. Adding multiple seasonal themes might result in some janki multi holiday themepark vibe, but thats not a big deal. What might be tho is trying to incorporate all the things into a spec; outside of grabbing 1 perk/aspect/ect from a season, you would likely be hard pressed to fit multiple seasonal themes on a build. Only barb has enough real estate on gear to even consider this, which is another pain point in terms of balance.

3 Likes

Season is not just power creep. Actually power is aSmall part. I am more care about content, like vaults being added to eternal

1 Like

I have good news for you! You can play seasons on the day the launch. Just create a new character and select seasonal and you’re good to go!

11 Likes

Whats stopping you from playing seasons ???

5 Likes

S2 content is already in the game, including Eternal.

Does Eternal have access to the S2 Aspects? Yes.
Does Eternal have access to the Uber bosses? Yes.

That’s all the S2 content that’s left in the game.

If you mean have a dedicated server that’s Eternal with S2 installed on it - how would that work? What happens when S4 rolls out? All the S2 stuff expires to launch S3? Or is this yet another “I want everything on Eternal” threads? Or are you arguing that an S2 Eternal Realm should exist, never expire, never get updated, and fracture the playerbase for each expired Season?

2 Likes

I enjoy Eternal Realm because it doesn’t have Seasonal gimmicks. Keep all those “themes” on the Seasonal Servers.

4 Likes

Feel tired to LVL up and grinding mats that Ihave so much in eternally. I only care end games

No. Just play the season. It’s there for a reason.

4 Likes

So what’s Seasonal ‘endgame’ that’s better than Eternal you want to visit?

For now, vaults way better than nmd. AOZ before

I think the ONLY way for this kind of thing to happen is firstly for them to design it specifically this way, but for seasonal powers to become part of your skill tree and/or paragon board.

Seasonal gear is removed from the game, some of it comes back later on if there was good feedback, but the only thing you would actually want in Eternal is the chance to play through the seasonal storyline.

Unfortunately, without the items, powers, new tabs etc… that’s not going to work, without giving you all of that too. But why would they give you that just for a season? You might as well just play seasonal if you want that content for a season.

Instead, new seasons could add new branches to your skill tree, with points that are based on that seasons story line progression. Then the seasonal content could stay forever, and your character would get more and more powerful with each new season.

The downside of this is what we see in PoE. There’s so much stuff to do (most of which is completely unnecessary) that you might not even know what the ‘current’ season is or how to do it. You could play through an entire season and never once actually do the seasonal content for that season.

Then there’s also power creep, and that gets out of order really quickly.

Now they could disable the past seasonal powers in the seasonal realm, and make it so that in the Eternal realm you ‘choose’ which seasonal powers you want to have activated or something like that. Then you can play around with past seasons without the power creep.

This is all a lot of effort though, and as the vast majority of the player base play seasonal, it is after all what the game was created for, it would be a huge amount of time, effort, and money for a very small portion of the player base, and most probably wouldn’t even use it.

I am ok if they delete all seasonal power, but keep all seasonal content like AOZ, like vaults

1 Like

Then they should play seasons.

6 Likes

I honestly dont want flavor of the day in eternal.

I dont want wonky and buggy mechanics and i dont want to adjust my play every 3 months.

No season content.

No temporary stuff.

Just good whole expansion of open world and end game is all i need to be happy wi4h occasi9nal redesigns.

Stability quality content

1 Like

add it all this game is junk anyways :rofl: