Gauntlet sucks for most players

Gauntlet for most players to get even close to leaderboard is unattainable. Seems like everyone on the leaderboard is either the top players who spend every waking moment playing the game or botters who cheat. Everyone has every uber unique available and most of the regular players have yet to even get one. Blizzard is this what you want that end content is for the few and not the many. Not a way to keep people playing all season long. Should of had leaderboards where no uber uniques could be used from Duriel. Then maybe just maybe everyone would get the same chance.

24 Likes

To be fair, they said it won’t be for the most.
It was overhyped. Should have been a small sidenote that there is a little bit content coming for a few players.

15 Likes

I hope there will be some funny overworld content soon. Like real worldbosses.
Atm i feel like a “Happy Tree Friend”.

1 Like

Same lack of mass appeal as AoZ. The search for inclusive end game content continues.

1 Like

If i understand your grief, is that you are upset you cant compete against someone who plays this game for 16+ hrs a day, fully decked out optimized build for the gauntlet. You had two months to get ready, if you are not geared, i dont understand why you are upset ? What do you think a leaderboard implies ? Participation trophy ? Or the top players

10 Likes

The ideia is dead from the start.

Look how it works:

• do the gauntlet once
  • see your points
  • ok, do it again to see if you can improve
  • see that x points is the max your character can do
  • close the game

Be honest: Do you really think that most of the players will change their builds just to try to get more points inside the gauntlet? Really?
Most people will look at their points and say “meh” and close the game.

41 Likes

Exactly this. The competitive community is small in comparison to the majority of the player base. All we can hope for is more content come S4, or S5, or the expansion, or the 2nd expansion, yea it’s gonna be a while.

8 Likes

The real question is why would you expect everyone would be on the same level and it would be easy to get on the leaderboard? It seems like you need to adjust your expectations to more closely match reality.

1 Like

With the leaderboard being top 1000 yes most people will not get on it. But to jump to it’s people who play all day or botters just sounds like you’re trying to justify why you aren’t in it but can’t accept it’s because they just put in more work to make a better build.

Hey i wish i was at the olympics too, its not fair because its only athletes that spend all their time training, so unfair huh?

6 Likes

Did you even think you had a chance in the top 5 or even top 10 by not grinding much of an ARPG? You at least need to min max your toon to a certain level bruh.

1 Like

What?! You are telling me that best players who spent lots of time in game have better placement at leaderboards than casuals?! How dare they?!

I feel you mate. I still want to get gold medal from 100 sprint at olympic but they don´t even let me participate just bcs I only run to pizza delivery. Its outrageous!

Man I know D4 comunity is something else. But this complainment is probably most idiotic I´ve ever seen so far.

2 Likes

might be crude to say but : well duh.

it’s a leaderboard , a LEADERboard.
of course people in it put quite some dedication in their character, of course in a FARMING game some people will have better gear than other.

but let’s face it :

1. it’s not mandatory to be in the top 100 or top 1000 or even take part in it : i personally couldn’t care less about my rank, i know since i play rather casually that it’s not for me and i’am fine with it , a game need content for both casual but also more hardcore player, this and uber unique are for the latter : simple as that , just don’t expect to be able to get everything handed over to you on a silver platter if you can’t earn it.
  2. of course the top spot will be sought after and fought for , do you expect the hundred thousands players of D4 to all be in the top 10 ? of course not.
  3. to give you an example : do you expect any random to be able to take part in the olympic games ? it’s the same thing : as long as it’s some kind of contest / leaderboard of course people with more time and dedication will be higher than you, if you can’t do the same amount of effort in it (due to not wanting to or simply can’t due to not having enough time to) then do like me just play as you would without it.

the only way for everything to be equal would be if blizzard also did a leaderboard with character having pre-set build and equipment.
and even then, EVEN then you won’t be in the top 10 or top 100 most probably
because even if everything is equalized like you want, it doesn’t take a genius to know that people with more playtime will still have the upper hand as they will use the mechanics of each builds, monsters, map etc… to their own advantages while in your case you would simply see a monster and try to kill it without thinking about all that complexity behind it like a speedrunner would.

1 Like

Lol that lvl of violence is unwelcome in most online discussions sir

1 Like

I feel like a Happy Tree Friend because im doing lots of whispers :smile:

I love how people are posting about this since we have been saying it for the last month.

Everyone knew the LB were going to be like this.

Why is everyone so surprised?

1 Like

And for the record….i am not going to even attempt to waste my time with the LB or gauntlet.

There is literally zero reward or point to doing it.

It is not worth the time wasted when i can waste time in game doing other time wasting options that are more rewarding.

3 Likes

what really sux is that its available at the start of world tier 4. Like seriously, who is going to survive a T70 at level 70. It should be available at say 95+

and worse, when u go do the priority quest for it, it sends you to the gauntlet to die in under a second the moment you step in there… 5 secs later i had 100k repair bill, bugger that.

2 Likes

I mean, this is not a problem.

I am not even a big fan of the gauntlet and don’t even think in competing for it, but any competition in this game that enables the user to play their builds (and this is the correct way to do that) will end up with only the most dedicated players at the top, there is no way around that. This is the nature of this game because this is a grinding game after all.

This is not for everybody, for sure, but no competition is. The game has many problems and gauntlet might not be any amazing content, but the way the competition is structured is not one of them.

** I am talking specifically about the competition aspect and disregarding cheating players in any case.*

I guess I’m surprised that with all the threads looking for endgame content that I missed that it should be just for top players. First AoZ then Gauntlet. If that’s the path for this game so be it. Some of us will need to make decisions, especially with respect to investing in an expansion. I have no objection to elite player opportunities and rewards. But we all bought this game and more inclusive paths are what I’d like as well.