Gauntlet is boring?

I second this. I watched the gauntlet on a stream and didn’t even bother to log into D4.
For me it does not align well with the principle of Diablo which is based around looting and leveling.

5 Likes

The whole thing feels rather uninspired to me. The layout is such that you basically run around in a circle killing the same enemies over and over again by activating pilons in the area to reset all the enemies. Efficiency comes in whether you run clockwise around the loop or counter clockwise and which order you hit the pylons that reset the loop.

I’m not a fan. If the layout were more interesting with longer branching paths that intersect at different points this mini game has potential, however in its current form it really isn’t very fun.

How it took them this long to release something so basic is honestly shocking to me. The devs need to do better. To me this is a downgrade over AoZ despite being more casual friendly and accessible.

8 Likes

it is extra boring if you don’t have uber uniques to compete against those who have them.

2 Likes

Ubers arent the thing getting people high scores. It helps but its not the entire deal.

The gauntlet is set in stone 1 map everything exactly where it was at each start. People are min maxing routes and where/when do hit what within the time given.

Think of a darksouls boss patterns/mechanics and apply that way of thinking to gauntlet. The more time you spend banging your head against it the more score you achieve.

1 Like

ALright~ Let’s go play Tetris! The true lengendary game that really tests your skill.If you can beat the game,you will be on the news.

Because everything they do is sh1t

5 Likes

I’m not trying to be that guy but should people start worrying about the expansion at this point? I see a lot of people doing 1 or 2 runs and then leaving it at that. My question is what if the expansion isn’t even fun? I know there’s a big difference from gauntlet and an expansion. What if this is going to be a 50 or 60 dollar expansion and it’s boring? I imagine they had/have plans to do 3 expansions. Vessel of hatred and then a destruction and terror expansions as well. Call me concerned i guess…

2 Likes

the setting is kinda cool, like in a basement of sort, again game being carried by the art department… But it is such a missed opportunity… they could have added so many cool stuff, like unique powers and stuff, and for the love of god… always the same layout is incredibly boring.

Just meh with D4 at this point

to be fair i did like D4 story, but that was about it …

1 Like

Make sure to screenshot your rank. At least some one is having fun with the content.

1 Like

I got up to 128 then I needed to farm some new stuff.

Story was good. Gameplay is still pretty good when i don’t rubber band. Visuals are nice but it seems like after launch it started going downhill. Starting with 1.1 when they nerfed everything.

1 Like

we scored 626 :smiley: rank goes down by the minute sadly :C

personally id say in a group its kinda hilarious ^^ like you know, splitting duties and stuff ^^

1 Like

I am starting to wonder if this game is even worth saving…

9 Likes

I have to admit I have not played it for myself, yet… but watching others play it looks pretty boring after the first few cycles. (maybe I’m wrong though)

… and sure enough who we thought would be in the top spots are indeed in the top spots; no surprise. Not all are decked in head-to-toe ubers but most are. --shrugs–

I just play one time and I quit, wait for s4

1 Like

Shrine clicking simulator, genius… take the worst part of D3 and make it a gametype.

7 Likes

Ran about six runs. Figured out how a score five times mine was possible and concluded my build, while at 100 and constructed with a lot of thought, had zero chance of making the leaderboard.

The small rewards I got in no way justified the time spent. I found looking at profiles of the top players interesting. I thought ball lighting sorcerers were last season but I was wrong.

As another end game option, for me, this went nowhere.

2 Likes

I haven’t touched D4 since week 1 of S3. This is by far the worst season yet and i’m just not interested in spending weeks of my life trying to max out the pet and maybe if i’m lucky find an uber (still not seen one since release).

I can see this however being interesting, and pulling people toward it in the first week of a new season.

I used to enjoy getting to the top 10/20/50 in D3 seasons in the first few days, and then trying to get back there at the end of the season. This will probably have a similar draw, try to get in the top 10 before the end of the first week.

But because it’s week-by-week, after the first week it will be pointless for the remainder of the season (for me). I know I can’t compete with people that play the game 12 hours a day, and I kind of get bored once I hit 100 and clear my NMD100. So the whole duriel grind just makes me play something else anyway. There’s not a chance in hell i’d farm to try and get better gear with no other power increases for my effort in order to progress.

That’s one thing that D3 had as an advantage. I could keep playing throughout the season and even if I didn’t find any upgrades, i’d increase my paragon slowly and gain small power increases.

D4 is just tedium for tediums sake, with no reward, for 99% of the game time once you hit 100. I’ll wait for S4 and maybe give it a go, if it’s interesting enough for me to actually get to 100 that is, as I don’t think I passed about 70 this season because it was just boring.

5 Likes

Blizzard chasing retention numbers releasing stuff half-way through is not going to work for a game with boring loot and paragons. Why would anyone come back for a weekly reward is embarrassing it artificially gates gear to keep you playing. The only crowd they have left is console players but when they hit a 100 they will see the flaws in this game

1 Like

Macrosoiboi says try harder.

Sometimes they fail in ways you don’t even anticipate. :slight_smile: I am seriously at a loss of what goes through these people’s minds.

That’s a good one.

Good. That’s the only way to really get these people’s attention. This needs to be a general behavior, to make sure it registers in the “analytics” that are apparently a substitute for having a brain nowadays.

This is very troubling, perhaps more than anything.

That’s because you’re supposed to study it and become practiced in it as if you’re in an actual competition that super matters. Think of it like how many wooden boards you can break with your nuts where you pick the type of wood. The best get to call themselves Super Eagles. Brilliant, in a heavily concussed kind of way.

Too many assets and resources not to be. It’s not as if the broader market is strong.

1 Like