Gauntlet is boring?

Eh…its possible I wasn’t the target audience for the gauntlet so I’m curious to know how everyone else is feeling about the gauntlet? I ran it twice. Got worthy both times. Got garbage drops both times(expected but was hoping for cosmetic drops at least). And to be honest I don’t see the point in running it more than once per week for the weekly cache. The leaderboards are already flooded with 900K+ scores that I know I won’t reach because I don’t have the time to farm ubers or the horrible drop rate on the unique tuning stones. So that leaves me wondering what the point is. I was hoping they would be smart enough to disqualify ubers and unique stones for the gauntlet but I guess not.
But thats just my hot take- what say the community? Do you guys love it and I’m just a weirdo?

25 Likes

Yes. It is boring for me too. I would like something like AOZ or endless arena with scoreboards.

12 Likes

Its better than I expected to be honest.

3 Likes

Some people like a speed build. For them the Gauntlet is probably a nice change of pace. Others are all about ultimate power. They will likely find the Gauntlet as unchallenging and boring. Some will be more open minded and like both AoZ and Gauntlet for the diverse challenges each offers. And then there will be those who care nothing about leaderboards and bragging rights who will dislike all this kind of content.

Content wise, it isn’t that bad. Though, I can’t see me running it for rewards I have to wait a week to get. Worse yet, I can already get better stuff running t100’s. To have to keep swapping my build around to fight lower level mobs will eventually get tedious.

3 Likes

I logged in, did one run and logged out out of boredom. This mode certainly isn’t for me and I won’t be touching it again unless it’s completely reworked. Let’s see how the ptr will turn out to be in the next few weeks…

13 Likes

I did 2 runs and it wasn’t for me. If there were better rewards then I might have tried to grind it some more. For those who enjoy it, glhf.

3 Likes

felt boring
monsters felt weak
RNG aspect is the only way to get on the leaderboard with a high score
in my opinion the gauntlet doesnt test your build at all it tests your speed
wish they did something like a endlessly scaling arena so we could truly test ourselves

4 Likes

Ran it once, didn’t even feel like finishing it about half way through.

11 Likes

No matter what they put in the game some people will not be happy with it.

9 Likes

It’s meant for the competitive community, leaderboards always are. This content is strictly for achieving a high score and ranking. If you don’t have any intention of being competitive, yea it’ll be boring.

Haven’t done it yet myself, but your opinion is probably shared by the majority of the player base, which are mostly casual. I’m not saying you are a casual player, just the majority. I imagine most will probably log on, try it out, go for a couple of runs, then never touch it again. It’s what I intend to do.

People wanted this content though, so let them have fun I say. It’s not for me personally as I’m not competitive nor do I care about leaderboards. I play entirely for leisure and my own sense of enjoyment. Everyone has their own reasons for playing and there’s nothing wrong with any of them.

4 Likes

Raxxanterax got third on the leaderboard and then said ‘yep im heading back to Last Epoch…im out’ lol

8 Likes

nothing with the gauntlet is rng though

1 Like

Which is just hilarious cause this feature is supposed to be for the super try hards. I’ve always said that like 99% of players don’t care about a leader board. Turns out the other 1% don’t even care either.

Personally I have pinball to play if I want to chase high scores.

The only leaderboard streamers would care about is an SSF HC level 100 race board which like 100 people might play. This is why I never really understood giving the opinions of streamers so much weight - to even enjoy this game in the first place they have to self impose a game mode on themselves that doesn’t even exist in D4.

3 Likes

Endless scaling arena sounds dope a true test of a build.

Umm that other game not allowed to mention has that.

1 Like

I would say complete opposite of boring

you know, nubs need excuses for not scoring. even tho there is no rng, theyll claim there is rng.

3 Likes

Same for me. It was boring. I’m done with D4 until Season 4. I was not the target audience with this type of game play, and that’s OK :slight_smile:

1 Like

im having a blast right now, its a little stressful for me, cause i still try to find the best route for my build, (+ i also keep forgetting the shrine locations) :smiley:

further testing needed but so far, it feels cool.

3 Likes