Game keeps disconnected still no answer Day 3

Thanks for the update Lune, looks like I have being on hold for awhile to look forward to after work.

We are aware of the issue and unfortunately I do not currently have an estimated time of repair. However, we are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

Currently there is no eta, however, i will attach your address to the outage ticket and once there is an eta you will receive a text notification.

Admittedly: it would be nice of a Company who is also being affected by this issue to reach out to them to see if they can assist also their customers. Even nicer, would be if they reached out to the customers and responded… especially when they have a expansion coming out. JSJS, Customer service hint hint…

1 Like

I’m in same area as you with Metronet as well. I am however on Xbox and has been DC’n since Sunday, last time I played until today and I have been dropped 3 times, longest in game time has been 5 mins today. Unreal it’s taking this long.

2 Likes

The thing that kinda ticks me off is that Metronet didn’t discover this issue themselves. It was reported to them 2 days after it started by a customer. They admitted to me that they do not have the monitoring tools in place to notice routing issues like this. They said they are working with a software company now who is writing software currently for them to use that will help them better monitor their network. Having worked for several ISPs let me tell you that is kind of a base level expectation for an ISP to have. Without that your hands are kind of tied when trying to troubleshoot these kinds of issues within your network (or even outside your network with your bandwidth providers).

I don’t blame Blizz here. This is happening only for a small subsection of their player base and they have no ability to resolve the issue. They could have maybe helped to troubleshoot the issue to find where the problem lies but ultimately they are neither responsible for resolving it or able to.

If you are looking for who to blame it is Metronet’s partner: Juniper. I’m sure Metronet isn’t happy with them either right now. I kinda wonder what changed to have caused the issue but we will likely not hear about that.

Issues aside it’s really cool to see how many local players there are! Any of you locals wanna add me it’s Garongosmash#1250 Really would like to be doing the lunar event right now but…well you know. lol

1 Like

IAKnightsky@1235 can run t100 and even have a uber… weirdly havent gotten one since sunday… maybe cus i cannot play.

Edit just played for like 15… was excited maybe they fixed it… nope.

1 Like

Update from me. Running a free VPN and have had no issues since, been playing about an hour.

1 Like

Update me and 1 other on other on other site of river eero went red. Sooo. Yeah they busted it worse

Yep. Mine went out so, I’m hoping this is a case of it gets worse before it gets better?

well I was in que for support. and the light went back to white. I tested with d4 and got booted within 3 minutes

Edit:8:15 Pm, now getting booted from games other than D4… they are scr it worse…

Metronet davenport iowa, same disconnect issue.

1 Like

I use Metronet in Ames, IA. Hopefully their situation is figured out soon. I have been playing for 20 mins this morning without a disconnect. Hopefully it continues.

Talked with Tech last night and he changed some more settings in my modems. Still the same issues. He did know about the packet lose issue and added me to the list. Soon after getting off the phone completely lost signal for 30mins. Came back up and rechecked with the same issues. Have not had a chance yet today to check on the connection.

I have been playing all morning with no interruption. It looks like they resolved it. I haven’t had a chance to get the VPN yet. I was waiting for confirmation from Nord that their service will work with my router. Now that I know that it will I plan on getting it tonight. … a bit too late to test this issue with though now, sadly. … or not sadly since its working?

1 Like

Just got off the phone with tech support, says they found a bad light at a chicago terminal so issue is with the fiber. He did not say if the issue was resolved but that they know what is causing it. Got a master ticket number for davenport iowa -7135221

1 Like

Havent been booted yet today figured the fixed it

VPN has been a miracle for my computer, but for my ipad and phone it’s been worse than ever. I did a chat and they tried to UPSELL me on phone service. I told them that was rude AF and i wanted a credit, so they gave me $20

1 Like

So apparently they have a patch fix in on the hardware issue, but now they are having a software issue that is keeping me completely offline. Run speed tests and the PS can’t verify the NAT. Supposed to be up by morning is what I’m told, but who knows.
I did get a $50 credit so there’s that. Keep everyone updated.

Got a question for you more tech savvy folks. so my eero app says I’m offline, modem and eeros are all connected based on the status lights,I can’t log into Diablo, but I can play other online games and stream movies w/o issues. Any ideas as to what is going on?

use a free vpn and play diablo like that for now