Game keeps disconnected still no answer Day 3

I also am from Davenport with Metronet and having the same problem.

1 Like

same here Davenport, IA i also tried to play Warzone as soon as it boots in BAM disconnected

2 Likes

I just got through to a person with Metronet and they are aware of a routing issue on their end. They added me to a ticket that last had an update at 10pm CST on2024/02/23 where they were still having issues. They linked my account to the ticket so I will get a call when itā€™s resolved. Thereā€™s a service disruption from MI to Chicago causing the packet loss.

I did check with tunnel bear (Free trial) and that worked fine for connecting and did some further testing with my Metronet service rep.

1 Like

Also Metronet
but Eastern Iowa
do not use a VPN

1 Like

woot QCA also! grind those UBERS!

1 Like

So it definitely seems to be a theme of METRONET.
now what steps do we have to do with them or blizzard to resolve the routing issues?

1 Like

Mertag do you by chance have that ticket # so I can reference it when I call later today.
Itā€™s interesting that several of us are Davenport area metronet customers.

1 Like

Mertag: Hey, awesome! Some acknowledgement! Did they have a ticket number for the major issue? Iā€™m going to call them now.

1 Like

would also love that number!

So many QCA players!

1 Like

Wasnā€™t given that, but was given an individual ticket attached. I mentioned packet loss and the rep just sighed and said yeah thatā€™s us

1 Like

Thanks for the info Mertag, Iā€™ll be calling later and update everyone here.

1 Like

Metro net and no on the rest. Iā€™m in Davenport, Iowa.

2 Likes

Whew, long call with Metronet.
Their automated system hung up on me three times. After calling back a fourth time I waited for 25min before talking to Blake. While waiting in those 25min I also tried their live chat and spoke with Brandi. I explained the issue with being dropped and asked if I could be called back by tech support. She said I couldnā€™t and asked if I would like to chat with her to resolve the issue. Honestly, I didnā€™t want to type everything out as Iā€™m also working from home currently and it would be faster/easier to deal with verbally. She could only suggest I wait on hold. I actually gave her a link to this forum so she could see what the issue is which she responded with by ending/exiting the chat. Classy.

Blake acknowledge the issue, added me to the master ticket and said I would be notified via text when the issue is resolved. There is no master ticket number that they can give out. He stated that the best course of action is to call their line and ask to be added to the ticket. If anyone else tries contacting them if you just want to be added to the ticket and contacted back when the issue is resolved you may want to do that via chat instead as at least that is faster in my experience.

I also explained that outside of my displeasure about how this particular issue was handled I have had issues with my service that I believe are the result of throttling and have been generally unhappy at the decline in service. In my area Metronet used to be Lightspeed and when it was the service was excellent. It has been on a steady decline since then. Streaming and gaming have gotten worse. VPN seems to be the only tool I have in my toolbox to try to test and circumvent such an issue.

Blake tried to convince me that VPNs will not work with Metronet without a static IP which is $10/month. Not happy about them attempting to upsell to me while having issues with their service. Also, that is patently false information. VPNs work without static IPs just fine. I asked to speak to someone regarding my displeasure with their service and got put through to Logan on their escalation line. I have actually talked to him once before. Very receptive at least.

I provided Logan with a bunch of tracert and WinMTR tests. He understood my frustration and I am going to be contacting him back when the current issue is cleared up. By then Iā€™ll likely have my VPN setup so I can express some before/after performance experiences. Iā€™m not sure what I would expect to change, though. Iā€™m fairly certain most ISPs are throttling by data type by now so it isnā€™t like switching ISPs would even resolve it. I honestly think that the internet is a battleground now and if you do not have a VPN you are subjecting yourself to being a second class citizen and all of the throttling that goes along with it. Yay net neutrality! /sigh

Anyway, Logan did give me some information. Apparently the pipeline they are using is all controlled by Juniper and that is who they are working with to get the issue resolved. Some steps have been taken to resolve the issue but no resolution has been found yet. They are aware of the problem and working on a resolution. They are getting slammed with calls on this which explains the long phone queue and the long wait on the escalation line. ā€¦but it doesnā€™t really help us end users.

I do have sympathy for the men working in the trenches, though. Been there, done that, got the tshirt.

Hopefully some of this information has helped you all. Iā€™ll let you know how the VPN works.

4 Likes

"Blake tried to convince me that VPNs will not work with Metronet without a static IP which is $10/month. Not happy about them attempting to upsell to me while having issues with their service. Also, that is patently false information. "

funny reading this on a BNet forumā€¦ haahha well played

I have emailed them and also sent my tracert and MSS tests., I have yet to recieve a reply

I am now gonna go get in a chat with them as suggested and show myā€¦ frustration in a calm mannerā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for the update Lune, looks like I have being on hold for awhile to look forward to after work.

We are aware of the issue and unfortunately I do not currently have an estimated time of repair. However, we are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

Currently there is no eta, however, i will attach your address to the outage ticket and once there is an eta you will receive a text notification.

Admittedly: it would be nice of a Company who is also being affected by this issue to reach out to them to see if they can assist also their customers. Even nicer, would be if they reached out to the customers and respondedā€¦ especially when they have a expansion coming out. JSJS, Customer service hint hintā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m in same area as you with Metronet as well. I am however on Xbox and has been DCā€™n since Sunday, last time I played until today and I have been dropped 3 times, longest in game time has been 5 mins today. Unreal itā€™s taking this long.

2 Likes

The thing that kinda ticks me off is that Metronet didnā€™t discover this issue themselves. It was reported to them 2 days after it started by a customer. They admitted to me that they do not have the monitoring tools in place to notice routing issues like this. They said they are working with a software company now who is writing software currently for them to use that will help them better monitor their network. Having worked for several ISPs let me tell you that is kind of a base level expectation for an ISP to have. Without that your hands are kind of tied when trying to troubleshoot these kinds of issues within your network (or even outside your network with your bandwidth providers).

I donā€™t blame Blizz here. This is happening only for a small subsection of their player base and they have no ability to resolve the issue. They could have maybe helped to troubleshoot the issue to find where the problem lies but ultimately they are neither responsible for resolving it or able to.

If you are looking for who to blame it is Metronetā€™s partner: Juniper. Iā€™m sure Metronet isnā€™t happy with them either right now. I kinda wonder what changed to have caused the issue but we will likely not hear about that.

Issues aside itā€™s really cool to see how many local players there are! Any of you locals wanna add me itā€™s Garongosmash#1250 Really would like to be doing the lunar event right now butā€¦well you know. lol

1 Like