Game keeps Crashing no matter what I do

FENRIS error no matter what I do and with whatever settings I set.
Error code:
6CC5463E-7D84-4E71-997F-1DFAB31773C9

I have tried formatting the PC completely from 0, re-installing all drivers completely from 0 and doing as much pre and post format maintenance as possible.

I have also tried it with all kinds of graphics options,
All to minimum, All to maximum, 60hz, 144hz, V-Sync ON, V-Sync OFF, FSR ON, FSR OFF.

Whatever I do, and in whatever state I do, I still get a FENRIS error under the above mentioned code
“6CC5463E-7D84-4E71-997F-1DFAB31773C9”

I have a Samsung 960 EVO nVme 2.0 SSD and a 1080 TI, it’s impossible that it’s because of performance, since with everything maxed out I’m still performing at 120-140FPS.

I’ve tried everything and done everything, I do not understand what happens

At this point im completely out of ideas and things to try,

any clue?

1 Like

The worst part is that you follow all of the steps indicated in the many messages and videos (e.g., clean the blizzard cache, reinstall everything, remove local prefs and dstorage files… it can get you up and running again, but then it crashes and you’re back to square one again, deleting these files, etc. and sometimes even that doesn’t work. Sigh.

The worst part is that Blizzard isnt even saying anything

2 Likes

Same drill for me two days in a row now. I keep submitting details when I crash. Both PTR and non PTR now. No crashes for months then this mess…

1 Like

I’ve had crashing & shader issues since the beginning of the month.
Doesn’t matter if I’m using ray tracing or not.

Hardware: Rx7900xtx, 5800X3D, etc.

Have had zero issues until April 1st.

1 Like

Tried to do a rollback to my graphic drivers to an older version, I was happy for 10 minutes, then it just crashed again

plz blizz fix the game

Same issue here:

D0B5EDEB-4768-4DCB-917D-80A47FA3586D

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005) at:
DBG-OPTIONS<NoAddress NoFuncOffset NoImage>
DBG-ADDR<00007FF656355D30>("Diablo IV.exe")
DBG-OPTIONS<>

4090 GPU
1000 Watts
64 GB RAM
14900KF

Can’t even play just crashing, tried all the recommendations.

new patch, literally same crash.
D11E46EA-0694-467D-A586-919567126BCD
IS THIS A JOKE AT THIS POINT?

Those error codes are only for use with the ticket system. If you want to find out what is triggering them, you need to open a ticket so an employee can use their tool to read it.

If you want help from fellow players, you need to include diagnostic files, like a DxDiag, at the very least.

I believed that EXACT thing Nicole, and that may have been true with the Blizzard of old, but the “New” Blizzard support has a 3 tier loop…

1. Check the forum for help.
  2. Read through FAQs
  3. Submit a ticket with two support files.

Then you get a generic copy and past response telling you to check the basics, drivers, can your system even run the game, and then if all that fails… go back to step 1 and check the forums for help or a local tech shop.

My latest response, after sending my codes, diagnostic files, in a support ticket:

Howdy!

We’re sorry you’re experiencing crashing, freezing, or launch issues in your Battle.net Game. We understand how frustrating this can be, but we’re here to help you resolve these issues. Please follow the steps below, and if the problem persists, consider posting on the Battle.net Game forums or consulting with a local tech expert for further assistance.

1. Update Graphics Drivers and Windows: Ensure your graphics drivers and Operating System are up-to-date.
  2. Verify Game Files: For Blizzard’s Battle.net launcher, select Battle.net Game, click the Options menu, and choose Scan and Repair.
  3. Disable Background Applications: Close unnecessary background applications, as they might interfere with Battle.net Games. Check for any resource-intensive programs running in the background and close them before launching the game.
  4. Run as Administrator: Right-click the Battle.net Game shortcut or executable and select “Run as Administrator.” This step ensures that the game has the necessary permissions to run smoothly.
  5. Adjust In-Game Settings: Lower in-game graphics settings to reduce the strain on your system. Experiment with different settings to find a balance between performance and visual quality.
  6. Check for Overheating: Monitor your system’s temperature while playing. Overheating can cause crashes. Ensure that your CPU and GPU temperatures are within acceptable ranges. Clean any dust from your computer components and ensure proper ventilation.
  7. Reinstall the Game: Uninstall the Game, restart your computer and reinstall the game. Corrupted installation files can lead to various issues, and a fresh installation might resolve the problem.

If, after following these steps, you are still experiencing issues, we recommend visiting the Battle.net Game forums on the official Blizzard website. There, you can find a community of players and developers who can provide additional insights or solutions based on their experience.

Several things I would try:

1. Make sure XMP II is enabled.

2. Make sure CSM is disabled.

3. Check to make sure you have Resizable Bar enabled.
    -Enable “Above 4G decoding”
    -Enable “Re-Size BAR support”

4. If you have water cooling or a high end CPU cooler, try enabling “multicore enhancement” that will disable the limiters on your cpu, but increase power usage and heat.

5. If you’re running DDR5, most every MB will let you run 4 sticks. The problem is that DDR5, especially speeds over 5200 are still unstable. Running 2 sticks of DDR5 has been proven time and time again to be WAY more stable and solves most memory / crashing issues. Especially in games…

Hope these help!

Personally, I would reopen the ticket and ask them to read the code. Yes, they do have template responses for a lot of things, but that wording about going back to the forum is a bit troublesome. I know some gaming companies don’t provide support for crashes and disconnections, only reproduceable bugs. I believe this is because it requires having PC technicians on staff that may end up spending hours troubleshooting for one user.

In the past, Blizz provided connection troubleshooting as a courtesy (meaning they couldn’t guarantee solutions because they aren’t an ISP), but I don’t know their current stance. Maybe the same approach applies to crashes now.

All that said, these forums are mostly player supported, and we can’t see your tickets. So if you want community help, post your diagnostic files on Pastebin and link them up like it says in the sticky thread. But don’t hijack this thread, definitely make your own if you’re not the OP.

Hi Nicole,

First of all, I deeply appreciate your time and help.
Everything you mentioned above, opened a ticket with a Blizzard GM, sent DxDiag & MSinfo and further.

The response i got is: We gave you all the help we can give you, just reboot your PC and hire an IT guy to fix your machine. < It was a generic copypaste.
I completely understand that complaining here could be pointless, but there is people that paid over 60€ for a game to crash every single time, and I can’t think of a better way and place to make noise until someone improves the service than a forum.

If someone can point out the issue, then it wouldn’t be pointless. I’ve mentioned what you can do to try to get help from the community, but whether you choose to follow that advice is up to you.

how do I upload my diags to the community

Yeah, kept happening for over a week now. i tried all basic maintenance. even bought a new cooler and a PSU, heck i should build a new PC, tried playing it on a different computer (actually 3 computers) and there will always be a time the game crashes. so it’s not a hardware issue. it’s a game issue. I got this on Xbox Gamepass to try out before buying. but i change my mind. i might aswell just wait 1 year or more? to play this game again. so much technicalities that it’s almost unplayable.

Hi Nicole,
How does one even open a ticket for D4 crashing constantly? Every link I click on the D4 support page just takes me to the forum? I’ve posted on the forum without getting any help from anyone!

I have been pulling my hair out for 2 days. Finally scrubbed my install and wiped the SSD and did a clean install of windows. I loaded no other programs and D4 crashed on me immediately. Blizzard help!!

same here, constant crashing: Exception.Assertion:
UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005) at:
DBG-OPTIONS
DBG-ADDR<00007FF6CBB48472>(“Diablo IV.exe”)
DBG-OPTIONS<>

I did everything, even installed W11 new, clean install, tried 10 different AMD drivers…and now it even does it in Overwatch. I can play Last Epoch and other games with no issue…and yet Blizzard just totally ignores multiple posts about the exact same issue and all sorts of different machines…for a multibillion $$$ company thats just not good enough…so frustrating…nothing seems to fixc it, yet Blz still pretends its a user problem rather than a game problem…I even tried new RAM…

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/808/1203/solution