Game is crashing my PC since the 5/16 update

GPU Driver crashing.

Try following the steps I posted/linked above involving using DDU uninstaller and downloading an older driver from earlier this year.

On DDU’s website, follow ALL the directions.

Thanks for the feedback, DTMAce.
I tried.

Downloaded DDU, rebooted in Safe Mode, did a clean removal.
Downloaded “552.12-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql” back from April 4, installed, ran the game, set everything to Performance, crashed about after 5-8 minutes with roughly the same error message in the Windows Appliocation logs:

Faulting application name: Diablo IV.exe, version: 1.4.1.54053, time stamp: 0x664fd8de
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.4355, time stamp: 0x35a939aa
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001d71b
Faulting process id: 0x461c
Faulting application start time: 0x01dab5fef012f208
Faulting application path: F:\Games\Battle.net\Diablo IV\Diablo IV.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 5a07727a-4616-44c0-be16-d415d7ab1ee3

I guess I’ll keep an eye on this thread, see what other people try that I haven’t already.

Sorry for my poor English :smiley:

My game doesn’t crash, but I get annoyed with extremely sporadic freezes. Yesterday I was able to play for almost 8 hours without a freeze, today it was 3 freezes in 1.5 hours.

once at 08:06 PM, 08:36 PM and at 09:16 PM.

According to the Windows 11 Reliability Indicator, there are no problems. No entries!
According to the event display, there are no entries at the times before, during or after. So according to Windows, everything is fine.

SFC/scannow = no errors
DISM = everything flawless.

I reinstalled Diablo 4, the latest Nvidia driver on it, chased the graphics card (RTX 3090 FE) to the limit via stress test to see if it might get too hot, but crashes no. Runs perfectly.
The latest drivers are everywhere. NVME drives all up to date and error-free.

As a last step, I ran Windows repair via “Update” yesterday at noon and, as written, was able to play great for over 8 hours at a time.

And then tonight 3 freezes in just 1.5 hours.

Unfortunately, I only have these problems on this computer. Another computer with an RTX 4090 FE runs perfectly.

Oh yes, when the freezes come, everything is fine according to Riva Tuner Statistic Server! Temperatures, GPU/CPU utilization as expected! No power peaks before/after, not too hot, everything was great.

It’s just annoying when you can’t narrow down or fix the error.

I read something about Logitech G-Hub somewhere here. I still use the old gaming software from Logitech because my keyboard is not supported on the new G-Hub.

I5-13600K
Asrock Board
64GB Ram (4x 16GB - released by Asrock)
RTX 3090 FE
3x 2TB WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe
SoundBlaster X

Try following the steps listed here:

https://www.stellarinfo.com/article/fixed-windows-file-explorer-ntdll-crashing-error.php

I actually use their recovery software, its a trustworthy site. They have some steps to take to try to fix the issue with that file. In here they are talking about it crashing with File Explorer, but it can’t hurt to try to clear it.

But ultimately, this error is caused by:

Interaction with other software, drivers, or hardware. Meaning a program is causing the error, a driver is causing the error, or there is a physical hardware issue.

But its worth checking out. Give it a read.

Tried basically everything I’ve seen here except a clean install of windows itself. So far nothing has worked.

Played fine up until the 5/16 update, now it takes ~10 mins just to hit character select. I can hit play on my character, wait another ~10 mins and MAYBE I get in game. If I do, I disconnect after ~20s. Most times it just straight disconnects before I’m even in.

2 Likes

Has our Devs responded to this yet? im crashing so much its wild.

1 Like

Hi there,

I’m having reboot issues as well. So far it happenned when I was watching videos on the second screen. I tried lowering fps (to 80) / game quality and it seemed to make the problem appear less frequently. (Twice to thrice a day) Most often it happened in dungeons.

The PC immediatly restart without any bsod or else. I don’t crash in any other games. I can pass any benchmark without any issue or any components overheating. I’ve played games asking more watts so I don’t think it’s the issue as well. Also already tried reinstalling (with DDU) my graphic drivers

AMD RYZEN 7800X3D
B650 MSI Carbon Wifi
64GB Ram (x2 G.Skill 6000 CAS 30)
Sapphire Pulse 7900 XTX
1x 1 TB 980 EVO PLUS
2x 2TB 980 EVO PLUS
1300W MSI AI1300P PSU
Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum keyboard
G502 Lightspeed Hero Mouse

If any one has an idea.

1 Like

Try this, it worked for me.

not really. there was a ninja patch that came out little after the mid-season patch and it fixed most of the issues already. at least for me. Still have to wait a few mins before moving the character to reduce rubberbanding, but it doesn’t crash the game client anymore.

took a 2 weeks break and just loaded d4 to see if its fixed, legit was in game for 10 seconds before my game froze.
D4 devs you guys are a joke