Game is crashing my PC since the 5/16 update

same problem. tested it with either dlsss off and also on. The game would load my character to the town perfectly fine but as soon as I used teleport or open the pit and attempt zones changing, it’d get stuck forever at the loading screen. This first happened after yesterday’s patch.

ive had that off since the games been out, im still crashing

To add an update to my previous post. After reformatting windows, seems my crashing issue has been resolved. I did approximately 2 hours of troubleshooting using debugger, re-memory learning from bios, ddu of Graphics driver but was all in vain.

Seems a windows update or some application conflict caused this abnormal issue for me.

Hope this information helps others.

If those of you having issues haven’t checked yet, you may want to examine your Logitech hardware if you have any and manually download an updated driver for your hardware from Logitech.

You can also try uninstalling any Logitech add-on software as a test. Most keyboards/mice don’t need their special software of G-Hub to work That just provides additional features/eye candy/light control.

They did have an update to G-hub available and some others have seen a Logitech update from Windows update (my laptop had one even).

don’t use any and have this issue with the game (can’t enter) since patch is out. also at a point it shows it disconnects me from d4. so the problem is on blizz side with the patch

2 Likes

Tried that too, among several, several, several, several other things. Still crashing.

The most consistent problem has been the latest hotfix. Before hotfix, everything was fine. Post hotfix, crashes happen extremely frequently now.

3 Likes

I was experiencing the same problems. I use a 3060. What worked for me was to uninstall the GeForce Experience application. No more issues. Hope this helps someone.

Same here. Last 2 days any time I interact with a vendor or move to a new area (portal or not), I get frozen.

Yeah, I never use that software, have never installed it on any PC I have.

Constant freezing and then disconnecting whenever teleporting to other areas. 100% have not been able to play at all today. Was rare yesterday, is now always no matter what.

2 Likes

Same problem here, no problems before the patch, now the game crash randomly, at times when I want to launch the game it tells me that “my version of Windows is not supported” The only “fix” that seems to work, that I find that it is absurd, it is to put the power management of Windows in Energy economy, and again I always have the error of "my Windows 'version is not supported "; And after Blizzard will be surprised that we
don’t take them more seriously, with zero communication for sure :roll_eyes:

bump, same issues as OP

Windows version not supported possible fix

I found a post on reddit that said their fix was to go into the battle.net folder (the location you installed the app) and right click on the .exe file and uncheck compatibility mode.

1. Force stop battle.net + Agent.exe in Task Manager
  2. Open folder containing your installation of battle.net app
  3. right click battle.net and battle.net launcher and uncheck compatibility mode
  4. Restart the launcher and see if yours is fixed.

I’m not quite sure why Blizzard can’t just roll-back the latest patch…
Sounds like it’s causing more harm than good…

(And no, sadly, I already had cross-functional play off, so that didn’t help. :frowning: )

Yup, getting the worst lag and crashes in Helltides since Season 4 began, had no issues with the same hardware and setup in Season 3.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is the fix but, I tried going to nvidia control panel > manage 3D settings > Restore Global Setting & Restore Diablo 4 Setting. Once I have done that, I start D4, it lags and looks like its about to crash but I was able to get into the character selection page. In the selection page, I went to Options > restore to default and manually set my GPU to 4090 again. (just to be sure D4 is using 4090).

After doing all that, the game stops lagging and I was able to log in and killed a WB. Logged out, dont have the time to play more, but the game seems to be smooth and playable for now.

Will test/play more tonight

Yep still crashing. Also blue screening some times instead of just a crash to desktop so I’m just quitting until its fixed.

1 Like

Same here. I’m too old to have to be messing with this stuff. lol I just want to play but its killing the hype for me.

3 Likes

I had no issues until the update yesterday, now my game keeps freezing.

2 Likes

Started having the same issues out of nowhere tonight. Played all morning and into the afternoon today on 5/17 no issues. There was small patch this evening around 7PM CST. Game crashes like crazy now. I made sure my ports were good, I made exceptions in my firewall/virus protection for Battle.net and D4. DLSS is disabled. The only common issue I have is Logitech mouse, keyboard, and speakers. I have no drivers for my mouse/keyboard, and I do not have G-HUB. I also have a buddy who uses a wireless Logitech mouse. He has constant issues since today where his mouse stops working only when playing D4. He is also having issues with his Discord only while on D4.