Game freezes at "logging into Diablo IV" after waiting in queue

That sounds about normal. Mine was using approximately the same.

Well, we aren’t wrong. There has to be some optimization issue or something that is adding to the problem.

Too many people with hard working GPUs being reported.

Yeah, on the beta it was way worse for me, so I didn’t played as much.
I saw the game using 26GB of RAM on my system, which was insane.

My wife and I are on the same network and exact same hardware. Both played open beta and server slam with no issues. I was able to get in once last night. Had to log for a bit now cannot get back in, last night or today. She has had no issues and has been able to play whenever. No crashes. I do not think it is the drive or the connection.

I have tried reinstalling and the other suggestions here. Still no luck. How did it work once last night and then not again after that. And my wifes machine, same hardware, same network, no issue?

Yeah closed beta was the worst I think for memory use. I had 32GB and actually ran out of memory. But that was on an older system, i5 7th gen with one of 3 different 60 series cards. I actually ran a 1660, a 2060, and a 3060 in that system during the closed beta.

But now, apart from the shenanigan of having to run a benchmark to get the game to open, it has been very smooth, without too many usage problems.

I don’t have a direct answer for that.

But here’s an idea. Try changing places. Log in on her machine, and have her log in on yours. See if she can still get in on your hardware, or if you can on hers. If you are willing to attempt it.

Up to you. That would tell us if its account related or PC specific.

Is Blizzard going to even acknowledge this issue??

Not yet, and if they do it will be quietly.

However I’m pretty certain they are reading these types of reports about GPU issues and login problems.

It has over 3k users coming in this thread. so it will probably addressed soon. They only have so many staff and other issues besides this one. I work in the IT world i know how it is for them atm.

this post is one of the most viewed, if they do, they will probably release a hotfix without saying anything.

but is always fun to pay 90 dollars for testing xD

2 Likes

You got off cheap. lol

Okay really cheap then… LOL

1 Like

So i played beta and slam without problems.

Now the login freezes… nothing helps but in random tries i can log in… so i need to restart the game like 10 times and maybe 1 time works.

I found out when clicking gray screen i can 100% skip the blizzard intro where it crashes, too. When i click during last login where it freezes I can login 1/5.

So this is a Bug. Nothing else.

Happy when Blizzard has fix incoming… wasted a lot of hours trying to fix and not knowing that i can just click like a mad man and improve my chances.

Thanks for the info brother you might be right. Like I said never had any issues I’m just trying to find a way to help the community. I’ll keep you posted

No worries, I’m trying to do the same.

Between the login not working and the GPUs running hot, a lot of concerns on the forums.

I have found a way to solve this problem

At first, I got stuck in the Blizzard window, and then I followed the method in the forum. As soon as I opened the game, I immediately clicked the mouse continuously, which allowed the game to continue loading. However, in the end, it still got stuck in the login interface of the server. Later, I found out that some people said it was an SSD issue or something, and then I tried to paste the game to another hard drive (also an SSD), and every time it started successfully

The first SSD contains the C drive, I’m not sure if it’s related to this issue

I can only understand English and cannot write it. I hope this reply will be helpful to you

The problems I saw seemed to be the same as with the New World, a specfic brand with a chronic defect that got worse, mine 3080 is fine (saw a lot of 3080s with problems on the forum). Or, the person is running the game without v-sync, but that’s kind of their right if they wants, they paid 100% of the card, they want to use 100% of it lol

must be nice having two.

I remember something like this happening with Trover Saves the Universe years ago, aaand it still has never been resolved… Great 30$ i spent on that game.

-e

Literally thousands of users on steam unable to launch TStU because of a read error when ever the game is opened/launched. FOR YEARS its been an issue an unresolved or acknowledged by the devs.

got the same probleme here

I really want to understand the relation (or the coincidence) of the SSD to the loading problem.
Technically it doesn’t make sense, it’s like if they programmed something into the game opening time, but with a hardcoded time, that if the game loads something else before it, it breaks.