Game FREEZES and LOCKUPS

Went to legion event, the game just hanged there for a good 3 minutes…
After killing 1 wave of monsters, got DC out of game…

It’s the loading everyone’s inventory every time you encounter them(or just trying to load our own), it’s so ridic. Season 2 they said, oh don’t worry about the constant micro stutter and freezing, sorry for the crashing that never happened before. Buy the battlepass, we added vampire powers!

Devs: Checkout this sweet mount armor for $35 dollars that fixes the freezing! (makes freezing worse) Devs: Told you.

1 Like

The game freezes and logs me out constantly. Fix the damn game, Blizzard! I have had a couple of hardcore characters die due to disconnect and freeze ups. This is unacceptable! I had to go to softcore.

1 Like

Check for update mine just did now; we will see what happens

Well after this patch tonight, the game is still locking up/freezing and this time it won’t fix itself even after 10 mins of waiting.

Same here, constant freezes/crashes. It was all good prior to season 2, now it’s unplayable, game freezez literally everywhere.

2 Likes

I have better specs, and I’m also encountering this. I Thought turning down the graphics would help but it’s still a pain to play.

+1 unfortunately. CPU is running hot and have now had 10+ lockups/crashes when pressing buttons, usually Skill Tree but sometimes inventory. Was bad enough before S1 but was manageable with fidgeting with settings. These are new developments since S2.

1 Like

+1, Ryzen 4800H RTX 2060 Mobile. Season 2 is causing freezing which requires task manager to close. Nice getting 80% through a stronghold and getting reset.

There’s a patch, let’s see :slight_smile:

After this patch, the game is still freezing for a lot of players.

I’m on PC and I get freezing a few times every hour. It’s annoying when you have to use task manager to close it down.

1 Like

Is this an AMD-Processor-Only-Problem?!
Everyone with Intel in my friends list has no problems with freezes o_O

1 Like

Also happening to me. Ryzen 5 3600. Patch didn’t help.

1 Like

I have i7-8700K and experience heave freezes

Disabling cross play does NOT fix this. game is freezing now every time I click on items or port away. FIX THIS. W T F

2 Likes

I wasn’t freezing until today, and now it’s once every few minutes for 2-8 seconds, and more often if I’m interacting with anything.

It’s making the game near unplayable as it happens during boss fights and the upper end of the freezes is enough to kill me with bad luck, even though I’m quite tanky. I’m not playing Hardcore, but I still dont want to lose boss summon materials.

3 Likes

Yep, totally worse today than yesterday. Now freezing on mostly any item I click in stash or inventory. Why? because it is now friday. I am done with this scam game. It seems they even reduced the server capacity after 90% of users stopped playing. and now you have these issues. guess what will happen? they are like “we wont do anything just wait for enough to stop playing again, problem fixed”.

1 Like

Locks up randomly when opening stash or map. Never happened before this season. Sometimes a few seconds. Sometimes ctrl-alt-del and restart. Two friends have the same issue, Neither one of them had problems till this season.

4 Likes

since s2 started my game freezes whenever i open inventory, paragon, change zones.

5 Likes

The worst part is how everyone assumes it’s our fault the game has suddenly started doing this after an update, and not Blizzard screwing up.

Don’t get me wrong, I very much appreciate well-informed and well-intentioned suggestions, but a lot of it is from people fixing completely different issues.

4 Likes