Game freeze on Character Select

Had the same problem. My “Fix” is to just wait there for a long time, eventually you will get a popup saying that its reconnecting to the servers, and that will unfreeze and you can finally play.

Same problem here with a 3080ti, i see others have this with amd cards as well so seems its something the devs need to look at.
Im a little concerned with how poorly the servers are in game and the lag thats present, i like the idea of the game but feel it needs a delay to sort the servers out and to adjust the loot drops, and mob difficulty seems way to easy to me.

Same issue here. Thanks for great beta experiance

Perfect. this worked for me.

My problem is i can’t make a necro all class can be created but then if i want create a necro the screen is frozen and i will wait forever nothing happen

same here

guess im done playing :confused:

Same problem, also playing a necro

Same problem here, when I wanted to teleport to the city I had a disconnection and then freeze at each connection. I tried to repair and reinstall the game but nothing works. thank you blizzard

Same problem here. Game freeze before character selection it seems. I have 5 Beta characters, playing more or less smoothly till today afternoon. Also tried Scan and repair, closing battle net, etc.

Same here. I came to report this, myself.

1 Like

I am having the same exact issue. I was able to log in easily earlier today and yesterday.

Same exact problem. Was able to load in after multiple restarts, but frames are at 10-20 will all of my settings on low. Graphics card is a 3050ti.

similar issue for me:
Anytime I log in, doing anything on my character makes the computer hard crashes and needs forced restart. Happened 3 times, and now I just uninstalled to not deal with it anymore.

I don’t think it’s Video card drivers - I haven’t upgraded from 531.18 Nvidia. - 3090TI here.

What’s interesting is how @GoldenKrow says he waited a long time for it to popup saying “reconnecting to the servers”

I wonder if it’s just ISP related?

Just to experiment - When that issue happened where everything is locked up, I went into my control panel, disabled my network adapter. After a few seconds, my characters show up and everything populated, but then it shows that Diablo is attempting to reconnect and never does. I then hit cancel and let it exit the game, re-launched it and then it works again I was immediately able to access my characters… Try that to see if it works???

Having the same issue but not getting anywhere with patients, lol

Same here. Dunno what’s causing this…

Im having the same problem here.
I’ve installed the game, installed it, and installed it again.
Nothing works.
I was able to play today in the morning

The workaround I did: When it locks up - Disconnect from Internet. When it errors out saying it can’t connect, hit ok to exit. Reconnect to internet, then launch. That fixed it for me and for one of my buddies that also had the same issue.

1 Like

When all you see is the “create new character”, “start game”, and “eternal realm” stuff, just wait. It seems to take some time for the servers to load the characters, but they loaded for me after like 5-10 minutes.

Link to the issue I am describing below:
h_ttps://i.postimg.cc/MZQDpXzh/Game-freeze.png

1 Like