Game freeze on Character Select

I had an NVIDIA update last night and then the patch today but those are the only changes. Glad to know it’s not just me experiencing this.

Yeah, I was also glad to see it :slight_smile: The game crashed two separate times on me (I was being bad and streaming, watching streams, and had a million tabs open, lol), and both times battle.net installed a quick update. So there were at least two that I saw.

Just wanted to add my 2c.

I also cant get tin. I was just playing the game and relogged to update my GPU driver due to fps stuttering. Now I can’t back in. Freezes when i try to select a char or make a new one. Have to get out of the game through process manager.

I installed an Nvidia driver update this morning. Might have to roll it back.

Will be replacing nvidia driver 531.41 with 531.29 and will see if that helps.

Same thing happened to me. Just wait and the game should reconnect

Experiencing the same issue. After waiting for an extended period (about 5 minutes) it loads my character but says “Reconnecting to Diablo IV”. Eventually, that goes away and I can load my character.

1 Like

So had the same problem, but eventually worked through it.

I have an 1080 just to clarify I don’t have the latest driver installed, just the one before it.

All I did was wait for the game to load, it took a few minutes. For me, the sound immediately cut out, everything was laggy as well. However, I still logged in, the world loaded with everything being muted and laggy as well. Also, mouse clicks don’t work on the overworld, but you could click on the HUB and key presses worked.

Spent a minute or two in this situation. Closed the game normally, press play again.

Everything is working as fine as it was before the patch.

Hope this solves some peoples issues.

2 Likes

Hey guys, this worked for me

(Rollback nvidia Driver)

I have exactly the same problem as the OP, screen description is perfect.

Currently waiting for the disconnect/reconnect to see if that shows my characters.

I was worried that last night the game had crashed on character creation (new necro), and I had a partially created character that was screwing up my character list.

Samething, was playing on PS5, now trying on PC.

The screen to select char is frozen with nothing to select.

Same happening here on my roommate’s computer. We both have the same graphics card (GTX 960) but he has some other older internals (his processor is from 2008 lol). On mine, it does take slightly longer to load at that screen but mine still loads. Also if he waits about 8 minutes at the black screen his characters eventually load, so it looks like if you’[re having this problem you just have to literally wait it out.

Same here for me, been happening all evening. Tried scanning and repairing the install, no luck.

Same thing as everyone else on here. With an RTX 3080 on top of it all. Can’t believe how long i waited for THIS :-1: will not be buying.

this has been happening since yesterday evening after i downloaded a patch. I’ve tried the following:

1. updating my nvidia driver
  2. scan & repair
  3. reinstall

even if i manage to get into the game after waiting 5-10 minutes ,i experience extreme rubber banding making the game almost unplayable. Im using an i5 / win10 / 1080ti. low settings

Yeah same issue. Yesterday it was letting me make a character and then when I tried to enter a game I was having a error code.

Now this issue and I cant even see the character I created, just sits there unresponsive till I have to alt tab out and close it. I havent even been in game once. I tried repairing it idk what else to do. ALSO…even after closing Diablo the music still plays, even though I cant even see it in the Task Manager. I have to restart my computer.

Yeah also suffering from the same issue, with an AMD card

Same here, cannot choose my character and the screen is frozen. Hear the sounds but just a black screen showing no characters

3DBAA8E8-C9C5-4026-9476-0801FBA60C25

After creating a new character, after pressing the “create” button, an error appeared and crashed the game

Fixed this by rolling back my Nvidia drivers from 531.41 to 531.29.

This issue only started after I installed the 531.41 drivers, so was easy to work out what caused it luckily.