Game Crashing specifically after patch 1.0.3 (June 27th) (Addressed with Patch)

Hi
Is that also whilst streaming? My rig is capable of handling the game yet it crashes my stream. No other game does this. I can play fine for hours if I am not streaming.

Not even getting fenris error anymore, the game just drops, reset everything, changed everything to medium or low & balanced. No backround components running. Iā€™ve had to resort to buying and playing on ps4 to play with my group. 1.0.3 is going on almost 1 full week with these problems and radio silence is not good even if you dont know the cause just say youā€™re looking into it is the least the devs can doā€¦

1 Like

Kind of funny, I was able to play without any crash yesterday as well but I certainly did not do any of this, letā€™s see what happens today/later.

Same here, just CTD and thatā€™s it.
BTW they did post earlier in here that they are investigating but never came back with any update.

My crash: 6579491E-040E-4A7F-B37A-AAE243E5B44D

I was playing D4 without any issues until 1.0.3. Previous to this + the most recent NVidia update, I received my first and only Fenris error, but mostly I notice significantly higher GPU temps.

this crash code seems to be internal to Bizzard only, any other info? i.e. crashed to desktop, PC rebooted, any other codes?

Hopefully we get more info tomorrow. The timing was terrible with the 4 day holiday weekend in the US.

1 Like

So if you read the blue post he says the problem will be addressed further after the 4 day weekend, we still are within that timeframe hence the lack of an update, we will probably hear something about it by Friday I would assume.

Second day without a crash.
Although I flashed my BIOS and switched to another audio interface I wonder if they did anything since apparently I am not the only one that doesnā€™t crash anymore since yesterday.

Fix your ducking game blizzard. Crashes for the past 2 weeks. No issues with any other game. Temps are fine. Has to be a memory leak somewhere because my VRAM keeps spiking up and doesnā€™t clear.

i9-12900k
64GB of corsair vengeance DDR4 3600Mhz RAM
2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 Nvme SSD x2
RTX FE 4090
Asus Strix Rog Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4
Win 11 Ver 22H2
Latest Nvidia Driver

1 Like

I am not sure if this is blind luck but Iā€™ve played the entire evening without a single Fenris-crash and Iā€™ve been crashing like 3-4 times every evening for the past few days and I havenā€™t done anything apart from installing a tool to better monitor my GPU temperature.

I donā€™t see any official word but itā€™s a significant change in behavior from the past few days where I both days ended up stopping playing in frustration.

Fingers crossed as I canā€™t play more tonight but if the same behavior continues tomorrow Iā€™d say Blizzard may have begun tuning something behind the scenes, I hope the experience will soon be better for all of us.

1 Like

Where is this? Lol I looked back like 200 replies I think. Thank you!

Post patch I can hardly tell a difference and the crashing has not stopped. Perhaps it is crashing a littleā€¦ slower? But my last test consisted of constantly monitoring temps/utilization and periodically swapping between texture qualities which seemed to artificially extend my playtime by clearing off some of the VRAM and preventing allocation from climbing indefinitely. Unfortunately it is perhaps most confounding that the crash for this latest error key occured while utilization only climbed to ~6.7 out of 12 available GB, a reminder I really have no clue how complex this issue may truly be.

However large its impact on the current state of the game, the memory accumulation astounds me - how does this game even need half this VRAM to begin with? After starting around ~4-5 GB allocation on high textures, accumulation through virtually any activity rises to the point that switching UP from high to ultra textures DECREASES my utilization from 10+ GB to 6.7 GB (nevermind it will soon climb slowly back the moment i actually clear a single dungeon, or attempt to teleport back to town, or begin to deal with my loot while randoms online happen to join or leave my instance)?

I played this game for the past couple weeks with everything maxed out with not a single issue (outside stuttering and lag), most importantly to the effect that I never experienced a single crash. Itā€™s just baffling how a modern AAA game could become so plainly broken on some of the most powerful systems available seemingly overnight, and that some of the solutions currently being offered or accepted is for us to handicap our PC experience system-wide for a lone piece of software, while many of our systems can devour things far more intensive and deserving of the power than this. I will return to those other experiences and wait patiently for additional attempts at a fix, but every day brings me closer to just charging it back and being done with it.

3FE20B6A-762F-4A11-B8CE-0A64A814FA2A

1 Like

I canā€™t play the game on my GL75Leaopard laptop any more as of this latest patch. A small window opens ā€œThe GPU you are using is not supported. You may experience graphical bugs, instabilityā€¦etc.ā€ Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one experiencing this issue, so Iā€™m just throwing it on the pile. Did anyone test before deployment?

Whatā€™s really strange is the game is running fine on my PC (threadripper, 3080) but the game wonā€™t even load on my intel i7 based laptop with a 3070 and plenty of ram. So strangeā€¦thing is I was actually playing the game last night on PC and I donā€™t recall seeing anything about that system getting patched, at least I didnā€™t notice it anyway, but the game was really sluggish at times last night.

yeah pretty much the same for me, since the launcher still shows the same version 1.0.3.42936 I wonder if they ā€œfixedā€ something on their end.
Especially because I had the same issues the first day(s) with the previous patch where the crashes just stopped at some point and came back immediately with the current patch.

I suffered through fenris crashes every 5-20 mins for 4-5 days I tried just about everything one solution at a time. The fix for me (on nvidia card) was to go download some older drivers something about the 3-4 newer driver causes crashes with the new patch specifically when the game has to handle items and inventory stuff im not sure why but that did it for me if you havnt already try an older set of graphics drivers.

update i played 8 hours yesterday on an off relogging whenever no crashes, today back to crashes every 5-20 mins, im stumped.

Crashing while AFK, crashing while fighting a boss, crashing while in the shop, got more crashes in Diablo 4 than any game Iā€™ve ever played, FIX YOUR GAME BLIZZARD

1 Like