Game crashes at launch screen on PC, have tried everything

OK, I moved the game from NVME to SSD drive and it fixed the issue, no more stuck on login screen. What a shame BLIZZARD !!!

same thing happened during the server slam. Guess they didnt have enough budget to fix this. Complete and utter BS!

See this makes no sense. I’m on a 7200 rpm platter and have same issues. I am installing it on my primary ssd now though, non nvme. It is the only thing left I can think to try.

switching drives at all must be the fix, idk if it’s an ssd thing

Yes, I switched drives. Works fine now. No longer on same drive I had beta installed on. Not sure if that matters.

edit: windows will prompt firewall after your create your toon.

If its crashing at the Blizzard screen or after that if you quickly spam click, try this answer.

Are those of us with only one drive just screwed?

Still no luck here i got in one time but then i crashed once more in the opening film, and after countless attemps im still unable to load in thus all the good tips for this thread…

Mine is on a SSD drive, still doesn’t fix the problem

if you have any overlays running like nvidia, close them down, I had to kill them in task manager and it worked for me, still get a lock up at bootup but killed it in task manager and the next time the game started properly for me. I also had to move the game off my NVME Drive to a HDD to get it to stop freezing at the blizzard starting splash screen. (did not have theses problems in the beta weekends)

Uninstall/disable Nvidia Gaming Experience Overlay before starting D4

No matter what I do, I can’t get past the first Blizzard screen, it just doesn’t respond after playing music for like 5 seconds… I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING! I have spent over 2 hours trying to get into the game, I have removed every overlay, I have re installed multiple times. Nothing is working, I feel so drained right now

3 Likes

Same here, and I have the spec’s to play the game.

1 Like

Yup me too, got a new PC recently, 3070, 32gb, M.2 1tb ssd and all… I don’t know what else to do, all my friends are way ahead now and I’m just stuck on this bullsh*t screen

1 Like

Try this and post in the comments if it works for you. It’s worked for several people:

Doesn’t work but thanks anyways

For what it’s worth. I’m thinking it may be an admin/permission issue.

I initially thought it was ssd NVME related. But the user above saying they’re on an HDD makes me raise an eyebrow.

Common threads seem to be windows/firewalls or user access controls asking for permission issues from blizzards end.

From my experience, everything worked fine until some time last evening when mid game I lose all ability control but movement. I could still take damage, move, and even talk to NPCs. But nothing else. Restarted game and was met with the same issue as everyone.

I’m thinking the reason the drive swap works, isn’t about hdd bs nvme. But rather, read, write and admin privileges on the file system and whether or not that has access to and from blizzards server.

2 Likes

Same issue. Can not get past Blizzard logo and if I do its a blank black screen. I played early afternoon just fine. Logged off and came back to this. Paid extra for early access to be unable to play. That’s not okay

having similar issues. not happy having paid extra for early access and I can get past the giant BLIZZARD intro screen

1 Like