Game crashes at launch screen on PC, have tried everything

Game crashes at launch screen on PC, have tried everything Please help!!

1 Like

been having the same problem i read u can move it to a secondary drive an it fixes it but that doesn’t help me since I only have 1 drive… cant get past login screen

1 Like

yeah unless you have an old drive sitting around, its all RNG whether or not you can play. Blizzard support has also been extremely unhelpful in this matter, which is not surprising of course for a company thats been losing on every level for the last year.

What’s really strange is the game worked just fine for me on launch. Exactly when the countdown finished I played for quite some time. What the hell happened in the meantime? lol

2 Likes

same here! I played for some time and then I turned game off for like an hour or so, wanted to play again now - and having this issue… is it on a server side?

Guys navigate to

Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps

Click Change settings, find or add Diablo IV or “Diablo 4 retail”, you may see several, and allow public and private access to them (checkmarks), press ok. relaunch game.

let me know if this solves the problem for you.

1 Like

This works for me. someone please try

1 Like

tried, didnt work for me.

the only thing i’ve deduced is this appears to be a network problem for most people. try wired if you’re wireless. or plugging your pc directly into your modem without a router.

Doesn’t work. Still crashes.

It didn’t work for me, but I appreciate the suggestion.

have you tried modify install and unchecking high resolution textures?

I never installed them in the first place.

Added Diablo IV Retail to Allowed Apps & game still crashes if I try to do anything on the character selection screen

are you running any overlay software? close everything but D4 in your system trey

Nope. I even made sure to close out of literally every other software

have you tried reinstalling the battle.net software (it doesn’t delete your game)

No, not a bad idea. Will do that now and report my findings.

Didnt work. Thanks for trying though

1 Like

OK, I moved the game from NVME to SSD drive and it fixed the issue, no more stuck on login screen. What a shame BLIZZARD !!!