Forced grouping for content - No thank you Blizzard

Diablo as a franchise has always given players options if they want to solo or group up. So I’m not spending 40 dollars when the devs turn it into forced grouping for part of the content. Easy to vote with the wallet on this one. Forcing players to do stuff only forces them out of the game.

136 Likes

I’m right there with you. I don’t want to inflict my schedule and need to afk on people and with that I also don’t want to get stuck with some going afk on me. I also don’t want to deal with people who don’t know how to play.

But for now I don’t have all the info so I’m reserving final judgement. A few questions I have:

• Is it actually forced group or can I use a merc as my party member?
  • If it is forced can I get the same rewards elsewhere?
  • Is grouped okay the direction things are going in or is this a let’s test the waters thing and see.
29 Likes

I’ve played since release, never grouped, solo bosses, got uber uniques, still enjoying the game, what’s the problem?
ahh, you mean the new expansion it seems, I will still solo and use my mercs.

7 Likes

What’s the problem? There’s a Party Finder now.

4 Likes

The problem isn’t finding a group it’s having to be in a group.

69 Likes

The tempering scroll can drop anywhere. However it guareentees one weekly of you do new group only content.
It appears the cosmetics r locked behind group content.
However nothing has been said or datamine behind gear exclusively dropping from these
So while it’s Garbage Content IMO just like the Gauntlet. It doesn’t appear like it has to be done so far
So far…

1 Like

I definitely can sympathize with that concern, but I have a feeling that with all the millions of people playing and the fact that it’s a cross-plat game, whenever somebody needs to dip out, they’ll be able to get back into another group rather quickly in most cases, same applying to the group that just lost a member, making the hassle significantly less thanks to the party finder tools. :v:

2 Likes

ARPG should not force group play. Yes i know no one is forcing me. We will see how it plays out.

28 Likes

Why is everyone making these threads about how this new activity is forcing them to group and that it’s bad for the game or it to exist first off nobody is forcing you to do anything it’s content for people that like to group up and it’s ok for a video game to have different content for different people if you don’t like grouping that’s fine don’t play the content there is no reason why everything in the game need to be tailored to fit everyone it’s not going to happen and you should expect it to

7 Likes

Yea that’s true. That’s why I’m waiting for more information. If this is just one bit of content that doesn’t really matter unless you really like group play then whatever. But if this is the only place to get the best endgame gear then that’s more of an issue.

6 Likes

We should not expect Diablo to offer same content for everyone no matter if you are solo or grouped? You do realize why players are upset. Cause this is the FIRST TIME ever in the history of this Franchise that content is not available both solo and in a group.

30 Likes

I know that one of the rewards is an item to reset tempering… so… it’s almost mandatory.

9 Likes

Yeah, group requirement in an A-RPG is a dealbreaker tbh. Not much more to say. Stuff like that should simply never happen.

34 Likes

Agree

Seems i was right holding myself from buying the expansion

I will not play if they are really trying to force me to group to finish content

I want to play an ARPG, not a MMO, there are enough MMO out there and i am not interested in them

27 Likes

Honestly bricking items doesn’t bother me at all. If I had the scroll then sure I’d use it but it’s not motive enough to make me go do content I don’t want to do.

3 Likes

You don’t make a legion or a world leader??? Solo maiden is not an easy task.

I’m not sure what any of that means. Are you trying to compare doing the maiden to grouping?

For one I can solo the maiden pretty easily. But that’s not group content that’s open world content where other people happen to be there. I don’t need to talk to them and if they die it doesn’t affect me.

13 Likes

Only the people like you that don’t like it. They will make more money not catering to you anti social, do everything alone types. So go ahead and vote with your wallet, so will the people that like group play.

2 Likes

Will find out soon enough.

From Where I stand, I didn’t pay $70.00 to play reskin of Diablo III ROS. Their is Diablo Immortal for that.

9 Likes

Forced grouping to do the new content. Way to single out all your solo players Blizzard. What a huge F ing L

20 Likes